Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Blinding out personal message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Blinding out personal message (/showthread.php?tid=81692)

[Suggestion] Blinding out personal message by KeroChan on 02-16-2008 at 11:16 AM

Hello. ^^
I thought that you should be able to blind out the personal messages of your contacts in the list. In the message windows you can also blind out the avatar and you can change the names of the contacts with Messenger Plus. So a script for blinding out these messages should be added. =) I'm annoyed because of these ultralong sentences in there. That's why I would be very happy and thankful, if anybody could write such a script. ^^
Greetings, Kero

RE: [Suggestion] Blinding out personal message by ryxdp on 02-17-2008 at 01:39 AM

You can replace their whole name with a name of your choice, just right click, and select "Add a Nickname" and away you go.

Hope this helped :)

RE: [Suggestion] Blinding out personal message by Matti on 02-17-2008 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
You can replace their whole name with a name of your choice, just right click, and select "Add a Nickname" and away you go.
That isn't actually what he/she asked. He/she wants to hide the personal message of his/her contacts.

Well, you can simply patch the personal messages from your Messenger using a program like A-Patch or Mess Patch and select the option "Remove Contact's Personal Message" (or something likely) and patch your Messenger. However, you should be aware that this can cause conflicts when:
  • you have a Messenger Plus! Live skin activated. In that case, the patch won't have any effect since Plus! re-patches it in memory with the resources of the Plus! skin.
  • you have a skin installed which already patched Messenger. These are the skins which require you to replace some DLLs in your Messenger installation directory, or which have a setup which does the patching. In that case, Mess Patch may fail to patch the skin's resources or cause unwanted results.