Shoutbox

[Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose (/showthread.php?tid=81696)

[Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by warmth on 02-16-2008 at 04:10 PM

I was thinking about this for several days...

How about give the chance to the "other sex" to show if they are girl or boy gays separatly... and maybe adding a new icon to bisexual people but knowing their real sex...

Cause is very hard when you see a "other sex" person... to know if they are a boy or a girl... and you know is VERY different the way you talk to one of them...

So this "other sex" is more referring to sex interests and no to the real gender... for me is ok to show this... but is very bad that if you show that you are guy no many people would know you real gender...

got my point??? maybe you guys have better ideas... please let discuss some of them...

RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by prashker on 02-16-2008 at 04:17 PM

sexist lolololololololol (but really, I don't see the need ;p)

RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by warmth on 02-16-2008 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
sexist lolololololololol (but really, I don't see the need ;p)
is no sexist... I is just wanna treat the people by its gender in a right way :P
RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by L. Coyote on 02-16-2008 at 05:28 PM

The gender and the sexual orientation have nothing to do with each other. If you wanted to know if a guy might be interested in you, just PM them.

There's Male, Female, Other, and Undisclosed. What else do you want? It covers everything without unnecessarily entering into a completely new territory.

I just don't get this thread. :P

RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by WDZ on 02-16-2008 at 05:29 PM

Since when does [Image: othersex.gif] mean homosexual or bisexual? That option was added as a joke, and I consider it the same as "undisclosed." :p

Or perhaps it could refer to androgyny. =p

RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by Lou on 02-16-2008 at 05:29 PM

This isn't a dating forum.

RE: RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by Phillip on 02-16-2008 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
This isn't a dating forum.
My thoughts exactly. Plus its easy to tell whether someone is male or female.
RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by Vilkku on 02-16-2008 at 06:08 PM

I see where warmth is coming from. When they ask for your sex, it is your gender they are asking. They don't want to know who you want to have sex with :P (i.e. sex is not the same thing as sexual intercourse in this case)

RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by warmth on 02-16-2008 at 07:09 PM

Well sorry :( was my bad... I missunderstood it...

RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by Voldemort on 02-16-2008 at 07:44 PM

Speak in a gender neutral way. If you are here long enough you will know stuff. No need to separate people that way.

RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by NiteMare on 02-16-2008 at 09:50 PM

its to tell whwat kind of boy or girl parts you have, not to tell which ones you like

RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by warmth on 02-16-2008 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
its to tell whwat kind of boy or girl parts you have, not to tell which ones you like
:P maybe the "others" that don't know this are going to change it...
RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by John Anderton on 02-17-2008 at 05:25 AM

If you use the "undisclosed icon" and someone refers to you by the opposite sex, it shouldn't really matter since you were the one who used that icon.

RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by ShawnZ on 02-17-2008 at 06:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
How about give the chance to the "other sex" to show if they are girl or boy gays separatly... and maybe adding a new icon to bisexual people but knowing their real sex...

what the hell does gender have to do with sexual orientation?
RE: [Suggestion] make "other sex" more undisclose by John Anderton on 02-17-2008 at 07:10 AM

More importantly, why the hell does it matter what a person's sexual orientation is? Gender only matters if you are writing gender specific words.. If a guy keeps his gender as girl/other, referring to the person in an incorrect gender doesn't matter :P