Shoutbox

help with wlm 9 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: help with wlm 9 (/showthread.php?tid=81729)

help with wlm 9 by xsuper on 02-18-2008 at 02:42 AM

hi all, a newbie question,
is it possible to detect more than one computer logged in scripts?
Like a function that detects it, such as OnEvent_SignIn.
Thanks

RE: help with wlm 9 by RaceProUK on 02-19-2008 at 02:23 AM

Could you expand on that somewhat? I think you're asking something along the lines of how many PCs you're signed into at the same time; is that right? If so, I'll have a look at the WLM9 files to see if the info can be retrieved.

RE: help with wlm 9 by xsuper on 02-24-2008 at 04:45 AM

ya because i would like to control the script to run only when i am signed in at one place.
sorry for late reply, hope you are still there.
btw how do you check the wlm9 files?

RE: help with wlm 9 by Matti on 02-24-2008 at 08:41 AM

If I understand correctly, you want to make a script which only works when you're the user who signed in.

Well, you could make the OnEvent_SignIn to check the e-mail address of the user who signed in, like so:

code:
function OnEvent_SignIn(Email) {
   if(Email == "someone@hotmail.com") {
      StartScript(); //Some function which should start the script, just to give you an example.
   }
}
And then, you should do something similar with OnEvent_SignOut, so that it stops before anyone else signs in.
RE: help with wlm 9 by CookieRevised on 02-24-2008 at 09:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
If I understand correctly, you want to make a script which only works when you're the user who signed in.

Well, you could make the OnEvent_SignIn to check the e-mail address of the user who signed in, like so:
code:
      StartScript(); //Some function which should start the script, just to give you an example.
   }
}
And then, you should do something similar with OnEvent_SignOut, so that it stops before anyone else signs in.
No.

With the new protocol used in Windows Live Messenger 9, you will be able to stay signed in at different PCs.

Before, when you signed in on PC1 and then you sign in on PC2, you would be singed out of Messenger on PC1 (showing a popup that states something like "you've signed in on another computer, click here to sign back in here").

With the new protocol this isn't so anymore; both the Messengers will have you signed in.

--------------------------------

With Plus! scripting this can not be detected.

Also note that WLM9 is still in private beta and things can change until it is publically available.
RE: help with wlm 9 by Matti on 02-24-2008 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
With the new protocol used in Windows Live Messenger 9, you will be able to stay signed in at different PCs.
Ah, okay. Sorry, I'm not a BETA tester, nor will I switch before the FINAL, so I couldn't know. Thanks for clearing this up. :)

* Matti shuts his mouth.
RE: RE: help with wlm 9 by xsuper on 02-25-2008 at 01:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike

code:
   }
}
No.

Before, when you signed in on PC1 and then you sign in on PC2, you would be singed out of Messenger on PC1 (showing a popup that states something like "you've signed in on another computer, click here to sign back in here").

With the new protocol this isn't so anymore; both the Messengers will have you signed in.

--------------------------------

With Plus! scripting this can not be detected.

Also note that WLM9 is still in private beta and things can change until it is publically available.

Aw... dang it
oh well thanks for clearing that up