Shoutbox

Current WLM9 animated DP restrictions? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Current WLM9 animated DP restrictions? (/showthread.php?tid=81753)

Current WLM9 animated DP restrictions? by Mike on 02-19-2008 at 04:06 PM

Hey,

Does anyone know the current animated DP restrictions (filesize, total frames)?

RE: Current WLM9 animated DP restrictions? by exbox on 02-20-2008 at 03:07 AM

check this, i tried making a crazy long animated display picture with as many frames as I could while keeping it under the file size, and it worked fine, so i think its just the picture's file size limit... makes sense i guess

RE: Current WLM9 animated DP restrictions? by Mike on 02-20-2008 at 01:23 PM

Aha, so filesize is the only limit?
Thanks for the information :)

RE: Current WLM9 animated DP restrictions? by Eddie on 02-20-2008 at 01:43 PM

I always thought having animated display pictures would be cool, but after a while it got slightly annoying lol *-)

RE: Current WLM9 animated DP restrictions? by RebelSean on 02-20-2008 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Aha, so filesize is the only limit?
Thanks for the information :)

Just keep in mind that we're still in the planning phase. There's been tons of feedback requesting limitations like you suggested, max number of frames, length, etc etc. They'll keep that in mind for dialup users and users with not-so-leet computers :).
RE: Current WLM9 animated DP restrictions? by vaccination on 02-20-2008 at 11:01 PM

Wouldn't it be far more user friendly to include a option as to whether you want restrictions enforced or not? That way every body gets what they want. (Obviously one restriction would remain for everyone, filesize, imo)

RE: Current WLM9 animated DP restrictions? by RebelSean on 02-20-2008 at 11:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Wouldn't it be far more user friendly to include a option as to whether you want restrictions enforced or not? That way every body gets what they want. (Obviously one restriction would remain for everyone, filesize, imo)

I'd agree on that, but you have to look at the average user. I'm not certain that every user would know what frames, etc etc are. But an option to completely disable animated display pictures would be the best restriction they could add IMO.
RE: Current WLM9 animated DP restrictions? by vaccination on 02-20-2008 at 11:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

I'd agree on that, but you have to look at the average user. I'm not certain that every user would know what frames, etc etc are. But an option to completely disable animated display pictures would be the best restriction they could add IMO.
Hmm yes, either or ;p