Shoutbox

what can I do - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: what can I do (/showthread.php?tid=81778)

what can I do by Discrate on 02-20-2008 at 11:11 AM

can anyone tell me what I can take against a website that I have bought off but have not supplied what I bought. I have sent many e-mails but no reply. They have an abn but I wanna know what my rights are first.

Can anyone help me?

RE: what can I do by -dt- on 02-20-2008 at 11:18 AM

how did you pay? if it was with a creditcard you could lodge a compliant with them and they might be able to get your money back

RE: what can I do by Discrate on 02-20-2008 at 11:23 AM

it was bank deposit

RE: what can I do by Jesus on 02-20-2008 at 02:41 PM

I recommend you to search for this kind of legal advice through normal ways, because laws aren't the same around the world. So you could end up with an advice that just isn't valid in Australia.

Here in the Netherlands we have something called a "wetswinkel" (literally translates to "law store"), where you can get free advice like this from law students (sometimes they ask a small fee, but often it's free). I don't know if there's something alike in Australia, but if there is, go there ;)

btw, how long since you ordered and paid? and where is it to be sent from? Maybe just give them a call and ask why you haven't received anything yet? Calling often works better than emailing.
It could also be that the postal service messed up and in that case, you need something like a package no. to ask the postal service about it.

Anyway, good luck :)

RE: what can I do by Quantum on 02-20-2008 at 02:52 PM

Were is the website based?

RE: what can I do by Discrate on 02-20-2008 at 09:06 PM

website is in australia. They have no number to call.

RE: what can I do by Lou on 02-20-2008 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
I don't mean to be a smart ass, but if there's no proper contact information like that, you should probably ask yourself questions before buying from the website. It's vital to ensure they have proper contact information in case something goes wrong.
RE: what can I do by vaccination on 02-20-2008 at 10:57 PM

How about telling us the website? :rolleyes:

RE: RE: what can I do by Discrate on 02-21-2008 at 04:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
I don't mean to be a smart ass, but if there's no proper contact information like that, you should probably ask yourself questions before buying from the website. It's vital to ensure they have proper contact information in case something goes wrong.

They have a support system and e-mail addresses to e-mail to, plus other people who have bought off them have received what they bought. Also they have a registerd business number. I am wondering should i report them to the government department that looks after all the things to do with registering busineses.
RE: what can I do by Volv on 02-21-2008 at 04:38 AM

Would you be able to give us a link to the website?
You would have to read the terms and conditions so that you are aware of what they are liable for and waiting times for postage and delivery. You are however covered by contract law (subject to the terms and conditions specified) as it a valid contract has been established between you and the business.

RE: RE: what can I do by Discrate on 02-21-2008 at 04:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Would you be able to give us a link to the website?
You would have to read the terms and conditions so that you are aware of what they are liable for and waiting times for postage and delivery. You are however covered by contract law (subject to the terms and conditions specified) as it a valid contract has been established between you and the business.

I i don't really want to give out the website, what i am buying is private :P but, under australia law, if someone buys something from you, you must provide it to them.
RE: what can I do by Dane on 02-21-2008 at 05:00 AM

quote:

I i don't really want to give out the website, what i am buying is private :P but, under australia law, if someone buys something from you, you must provide it to them.
He's buying "XXX" supplies....:P.  Anyway, on a serious note, sounds like you didnt do good enough research on the company...I went through the same thing when I was trying to get my current Smartphone, I bought like, 7 before I got a real, non-stolen, working one.
RE: RE: what can I do by Discrate on 02-21-2008 at 06:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
quote:

He's buying "XXX" supplies....:P.  Anyway, on a serious note, sounds like you didnt do good enough research on the company...I went through the same thing when I was trying to get my current Smartphone, I bought like, 7 before I got a real, non-stolen, working one.

Nah not XXX. But the website sends products to everyone else, but has totally ignored me and my money.
RE: what can I do by Th3rmal on 02-21-2008 at 06:28 AM

is this ur fist time buying from that website?

RE: what can I do by Discrate on 02-21-2008 at 06:47 AM

yes, yes it is.

RE: what can I do by Jesus on 02-21-2008 at 01:34 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I i don't really want to give out the website, what i am buying is private :P
He's buying "XXX" supplies....:P.
Nah not XXX.
That's exactly why I thought it would be better to tell the website than to leave it to our imagination ;)

on topic: You still haven't answered the question on how long ago you ordered and paid. If it's 1-2weeks ago, i'd wait some more, but if it's 1-2months, I'd be worried too.
Are you sure the stuff you ordered was in stock? Maybe they are waiting for their supplier to deliver your goodies to them.
RE: RE: what can I do by Discrate on 02-21-2008 at 10:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
quote:
quote:
quote:

I i don't really want to give out the website, what i am buying is private :P
He's buying "XXX" supplies....:P.
Nah not XXX.
That's exactly why I thought it would be better to tell the website than to leave it to our imagination ;)

on topic: You still haven't answered the question on how long ago you ordered and paid. If it's 1-2weeks ago, i'd wait some more, but if it's 1-2months, I'd be worried too.
Are you sure the stuff you ordered was in stock? Maybe they are waiting for their supplier to deliver your goodies to them.

Trust
me I should have recieved it bynnow. Can someone actually help me by telling me what I can do
RE: what can I do by Jesus on 02-21-2008 at 11:50 PM

Well, since they don't have a phone number to call and they don't reply to your emails, I can think of two ways to get more info from them.
Look them up by their abn on a site like this, and see if they provide a phone number there so you can call them after all.
Your last resort to contact them IMO would be to find out where they are located and go there to get an explanation. Right now I can't think of another way to force them to respond.

If you definitely want the legal advice you asked for in your first post before doing something like that

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
I recommend you to search for this kind of legal advice through normal ways, because laws aren't the same around the world.

If the above methods don't work out you can always go to the police and report the incident. Just be sure to bring all information on how you already tried to contact them with you to give them a complete view right away (like emails, how often and when you called if you manage to get their phone number, etc)

I still think it's better to just give us the address of the site, that way everyone with some spare time can do some research and until then, you just ordered xxx stuff:P
RE: what can I do by vaccination on 02-21-2008 at 11:59 PM

Maybe if you stopped dealing with dodgy things you wouldn't get dodgy service :rolleyes:

RE: what can I do by fizzergirl on 02-23-2008 at 08:55 PM

quote:
can anyone tell me what I can take against a website that I have bought off but have not supplied what I bought. I have sent many e-mails but no reply. They have an abn but I wanna know what my rights are first.

Can anyone help me?

how mutch was it? if it was only a few dollers, its not worth chasing up. Mind you, (and not being a smart ass), as someone else said, you should of checked contact info.
RE: what can I do by Basilis on 02-23-2008 at 09:37 PM

Do you know the people that you say have received the products or the site told you so? Because if it is the second, then I think you just fell into a trap.

RE: what can I do by prashker on 02-23-2008 at 10:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
contact them IMO would be to find out where they are located and go there to get an explanation. Right now I can't think of another way to force them to res
totally :p