Shoutbox

Xbox 360 Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Xbox 360 Live (/showthread.php?tid=81785)

Xbox 360 Live by Jimbo on 02-20-2008 at 08:27 PM

Soon i am going to buy an xbox 360, and one of the main reasons, is for xbox live. I would like to know how i would connect to my wireless router upstairs from my xbox which would be downstairs, and also, are there any custom firmwares which give you extra features etc?

RE: Xbox 360 Live by vaccination on 02-20-2008 at 08:29 PM

Buy the wireless adapter for the xbox.

And no.

RE: Xbox 360 Live by Voldemort on 02-20-2008 at 08:30 PM

custom firmwares... yes.. they allow you to play backups basically... but you'll need a modchip which void your warranty and you can't play on live unless you have a way to disable it ( sonicsam has his haxed, he knows more about this)

as for the wireless, you'll need to buy an adapter which allows you to connect to the network... has to be designed for the xbox... bear in mind that if the signal is weak it might lag a bit :p

RE: Xbox 360 Live by vaccination on 02-20-2008 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
custom firmwares... yes.. they allow you to play backups basically... but you'll need a modchip which void your warranty and you can't play on live unless you have a way to disable it ( sonicsam has his haxed, he knows more about this)

pft lame ;[
RE: Xbox 360 Live by Quantum on 02-20-2008 at 08:41 PM

You can connect it to your pc and then use your pc's internet :)

RE: Xbox 360 Live by Discrate on 02-20-2008 at 09:01 PM

you can soft chip you box instead of buying a chip. Google it

RE: Xbox 360 Live by Voldemort on 02-20-2008 at 09:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
you can soft chip you box instead of buying a chip. Google it
you can't turn that off, so you can't play in live
RE: Xbox 360 Live by Jimbo on 02-20-2008 at 11:03 PM

I was having a look around ebay, and this is a good deal yeh? My mate bought a 360 core and assasins creed for 190, and in this one, you get the premium, and gears of war
Ebay link

RE: Xbox 360 Live by Volv on 02-21-2008 at 04:18 AM

wtf, currently you can play on XBOX Live with custom firmwares, you just have to be sure your backup games are properly stealthed (there are apps for checking).

RE: Xbox 360 Live by Pyroteq on 02-21-2008 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
wtf, currently you can play on XBOX Live with custom firmwares, you just have to be sure your backup games are properly stealthed (there are apps for checking).
has anyone got more links to info on how to do this, or a way to softmod that can be turned off, because im not really intersting in opening up my xbox and soldering shit

RE: Xbox 360 Live by Volv on 02-21-2008 at 01:47 PM

www.xbox-scene.com has lots of tutorials and information on modding your Xbox (360 and original).

You may also want to check out the Xecuter Blaster 360 which claims to require no soldering, but ofcourse still requires you to open up your 360.

PS: Sorry! Hope no one minds this type of discussion on the boards.

RE: Xbox 360 Live by Quantum on 02-23-2008 at 03:46 PM

I hope the Xecuter one works. When i get an xbox i want something like this and it might be soon.

RE: Xbox 360 Live by prashker on 02-23-2008 at 06:16 PM

you all fail at life :p

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
( sonicsam has his haxed, he knows more about this)

Dual Firmware Chips are what you want (gives the ability to turn the mod OFF).  I myself got the "SST Firmware Chip". I put a switch inside the USB compartment to turn the mod on or off.

New Dual Firmware mods have the Power Button being pressed = Mod Off and Eject Button Being pressed = Mod On

The firmware you'd want is the iXtreme 1.4b (unless they updated it)

That way you can play online with a "higher" chance of not being detected (games being properly patched at their Security Sectors)

NOTE: iXtreme Security Sector patches ARE different from normal ones. You need to properly patch it or the mod WILL be detected.

There are no softmods for the Xbox 360 unfortunatly.

Also, make sure your console has anything but a BenQ. Apparently consoles with BenQ are still in the progress of being modded (actually. I think they released a beta firmware for BenQ)

[Image: 360dvd.jpg]

I got a Hitachi v79 (the newer one)
RE: Xbox 360 Live by Volv on 02-24-2008 at 09:53 AM

I probably should have mentioned that the Xecutor Blaster 360 won't allow you to play backups as-is, it just allows you to easily hook up your 360 DVD-ROM to your PC so that you can update/modify the firmware easily, this probably isn't the best choice for beginners but will allow you to install the latest, and future (presumably safer) firmware whenever they are released without having to open your 360 again.
Just make sure you do your research and decide whether this is the thing for you or if a standard modchip is the way to go. The other thing to remember is that all modchips/firmware mods work on Xbox Live atm (provided your backup games are stealthed) but it is possible that in future Microsoft will ban them from Live (as people who played non-stealthed games found out last year :P).