Shoutbox

Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" (/showthread.php?tid=81809)

Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by riahc4 on 02-21-2008 at 08:48 PM

"Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" is a GREAT feature but it should leave those open chats opened UNLESS you sign in with a different account because then it would be pointless to leave them open.

RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by Spunky on 02-21-2008 at 08:52 PM

Why should it keep the mopen if you're not signed in... THAT would be pointless

RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by riahc4 on 02-21-2008 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Why should it keep the mopen if you're not signed in... THAT would be pointless
Because you want to continue your conversations later.
RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by Basilis on 02-21-2008 at 10:00 PM

So what? You just sign in back and continue.The conversations are logged so you won't lose them. There is no point in doing that.

RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by riahc4 on 02-22-2008 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
So what? You just sign in back and continue.The conversations are logged so you won't lose them. There is no point in doing that.
Yes but lets say you sign out, leave your computer, come back a few hours later, sign back in, and theres your conversation again.

You dont have to open a log or anything.
RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by ahmetgns on 02-22-2008 at 12:31 PM

riahc4's request makes sense but it cannot be called as a "fix" to the current option as that should be a complete new option. Although this new option would be superior to the current one because while you leave convo windows open, then obviously you won't need to disable the confirmation about them.

However, riach4, you can use the Messenger Lock feature to do what you want. Set Mesenger Lock's "Change my status to" option as "Sign Out" and it will sign you out without closing the convo windows. When you unlock it, if "Sign me in automatically" option is not selected, it will remain signed out with all open convos unless you sign-in again. If "Sign me in automatically" is selected previously, then when you unlock Messenger, you will sign in automatically. Actually, leaving Messenger locked while leaving the computer shouldn't be a problem.

RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by duck! on 02-22-2008 at 01:43 PM

Options - Messages - Message History
Tick  "Automatically keep a history of my conversations"
Then Tick "Show last conversation in new Conversation windows"

So when you sign in again open the conversations you had open previously and it'll display a bit of your last conversation with them..

Or lock messenger..

RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by riahc4 on 02-28-2008 at 12:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
Options - Messages - Message History
Tick  "Automatically keep a history of my conversations"
Then Tick "Show last conversation in new Conversation windows"

So when you sign in again open the conversations you had open previously and it'll display a bit of your last conversation with them..

Or lock messenger..
Yes but if its a long ass conversation, it only shows the last 9 lines and not in order.

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
riahc4's request makes sense but it cannot be called as a "fix" to the current option as that should be a complete new option. Although this new option would be superior to the current one because while you leave convo windows open, then obviously you won't need to disable the confirmation about them.

However, riach4, you can use the Messenger Lock feature to do what you want. Set Mesenger Lock's "Change my status to" option as "Sign Out" and it will sign you out without closing the convo windows. When you unlock it, if "Sign me in automatically" option is not selected, it will remain signed out with all open convos unless you sign-in again. If "Sign me in automatically" is selected previously, then when you unlock Messenger, you will sign in automatically. Actually, leaving Messenger locked while leaving the computer shouldn't be a problem.
Great suggestion but I just the Messenger Lock feature when I simply dont want people around me to see that Im using Messenger. Unless you can setup Messenger Lock with more than one shortcut/mode and more than one status/way.

But thanks for the decent suggestion :)
RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by matty on 02-28-2008 at 01:58 PM

If anyone wants to do it as a script all you need to do is register a custom hotkey when it is pressed sign out and lock messenger, and if it is pressed again unlock and auto sign in.

That would be the easiest way :)

RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by Volv on 02-28-2008 at 03:32 PM

If you're gonna leave Messenger open with all your conversations on screen, why don't you just remain logged in and set your status to Away or even Appear Offline?

RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by riahc4 on 02-28-2008 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
If you're gonna leave Messenger open with all your conversations on screen, why don't you just remain logged in and set your status to Away or even Appear Offline?
I just want that option like when I lose my internet connection...

I really dont understand why people ask "why"....
RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by prashker on 02-28-2008 at 09:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4

Because we can :p.
RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by ahmetgns on 02-28-2008 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:

Because we can :p.
Probably riach4 will not understand why you replied to him although he didn't ask you "why" :D

RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by Basilis on 02-28-2008 at 09:39 PM

I think there is some prejudice to riahc4. He just had a suggestion and we all (including myself) fell up on him telling him we don't like it. It is Patchou who will decide if he adds it or not. Let's not become aggressive for nothing. :)

RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by ahmetgns on 02-28-2008 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
He just had a suggestion and we all (including myself) fell up on him telling him we don't like it.
Excluding me, I liked his idea, I just think that the current option must stay as it is, and that new suggestion must be implemented as a new option (maybe a registry setting)

RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by Volv on 02-29-2008 at 01:17 AM

quote:
The point of a forum or discussion boards is to discuss, and that's what we are doing...

quote:
quote:
I just want that option like when I lose my internet connection...
I still don't see how Appear Offline does not do what you want, if you're disconnected the conversations will remain, if you're not disconnected the conversations will still remain...
RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by riahc4 on 03-04-2008 at 12:32 AM

quote:
quote:
The point of a forum or discussion boards is to discuss, and that's what we are doing...

The discussion is if Patchou could implant this.
Not why he should implant it.

quote:
Excluding me, I liked his idea, I just think that the current option must stay as it is, and that new suggestion must be implemented as a new option (maybe a registry setting)
Sounds good :)
RE: Fix "Disable confirmation when signing-out with opened chats" by CookieRevised on 03-04-2008 at 12:52 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

The discussion is if Patchou could implant this.
Not why he should implant it.
on the contrary, Patchou can also make an option to play DVD movies, the question/discussion would be "why would he do that"?

I agree with Volv. Such a feature seems pointless (and insecure in a way) since you can just appear offline... same effect.

Doesn't mean I oppose to such an option though, it might be handy in some very rare case which I can't think of at the moment...

Far more usefull would be an option to automatically show the last session in the convo when you reopen a conversation after an amount of time (instead of the few lines WLM shows you now). Again, same effect, but more usefull to more people I think and it would also still work when you have closed WLM.