Shoutbox

The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear (/showthread.php?tid=81840)

The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by smiggy on 02-23-2008 at 03:59 AM

Each time, I install Messenger Plus everything works fine.

When, I restart my computer or log off/log back in the Plus option at the top of my MSN disappears and I have to reinstall it each time to get it to comeback.

The funny thing is even though the Plus option from the menu disappears it is still installed cuz the Persoanlised Status appears.

See screenprint: [edit] Removed. Next time, don't post it with peoples email addesses in it.

What is the remedy to this problem?

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by MattyRid on 02-23-2008 at 04:41 AM

Ok some questions:

1) Answer either (a) or (b):

(a) Do you have sweetim or smiley central installed at the moment?

(b) Did you ever have sweetim or smiley central installed?

2) Do you have the latest version of Both Windows Live Messenger 8.5 and Messenger Plus! Live 4.5?

3) What Firewall do you have installed?

4) What Anti-Virus program do you have installed

5) Did or do you have any scripts installed?

6) Have you used any Patches Like Mess-Patch or APatch?

RE: RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by smiggy on 02-23-2008 at 06:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by smiggy
1) No, to both. Never heard of smiley central.

2) My WLM is reading version 8.1 (see screenprint) and  I do have the latest version of Plus.

3) Zone Alarm (free version).

4) AVG.

5) Nada.

6) Nada, Messenger Plus is the only additional addon I use for MSN.

[edit] Removed. Next time, don't post it with peoples email addesses in it.
RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by smiggy on 02-23-2008 at 04:33 PM

Problem sorted.

OK, I do apologise but my issue has been been resolved even after updating to WLM 8.5.

Thought I'd also mention I'm on Vista OS.
RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by Volv on 02-26-2008 at 05:02 AM

quote:
Problem sorted.
OK, I do apologise but my issue has been been resolved even after updating to WLM 8.5.

Thought I'd also mention I'm on Vista OS.
quote:
Anyone?
I dont understand, your problem has been 'sorted'/'resolved' right?
RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by smiggy on 02-26-2008 at 06:02 PM

I meant to say hasn't resolved*

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by ahmetgns on 02-27-2008 at 02:57 PM

I don't know this method is for the problems like yours but still try it.

At Messenger Plus! Live - Registry Settings, find SafeHook setting and apply it via Windows Registry Editor. (You can find "how to apply" instructions in that page.)

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by smiggy on 02-29-2008 at 05:18 AM

Hi,

I can't find the instructions how to apply that?

I can't even find SafeHook in my registry.

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by ahmetgns on 02-29-2008 at 07:39 AM

Sorry, there is no real instructions in that page indeed. Let me explain then.

1. Browse for HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings
  2. Right click in the section where values are displayed.
  3. Select "New>DWORD value"
  4. Name the new value as "SafeHook"
  5. Its value will be 0 now, you can leave it like that.
Now exit Messenger and restart it. If it causes problems with Messenger, you can set it as 1 again or just delete that value.
RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by smiggy on 02-29-2008 at 02:37 PM

Check screenprint if I did it right?

If so it's made no difference.

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by MeEtc on 02-29-2008 at 02:40 PM

Not quite correct yet. You placed the new key in HKEY Local Machine. You should find the folder called HKEY Current User, and then follow the same folder paths from there.

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by smiggy on 02-29-2008 at 08:21 PM

How about now?

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by Spunky on 02-29-2008 at 10:06 PM

quote:
How about now?

Looks fine to me =/
RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by smiggy on 03-01-2008 at 12:00 AM

I did that and still no luck.

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by MattyRid on 03-05-2008 at 05:09 AM

OK last thing to do....now please don't hound be because I have no idea on vista and going purely based on observations....run the setup as an administrator, by right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator" and do the same when you load Windows Live Messenger for the first time at least and see if it help, then you should try loading Windows Live Messenger normally after that.

Not sure it will help but I'm sure it won't hurt it.

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by smiggy on 03-06-2008 at 02:25 AM

Didn't work but thanks anyway.

Can Patchou look into this please?

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by Patchou on 03-07-2008 at 03:07 PM

Thsi kind of problem is generally caused by another program preventing Plus! to do its job. It can be an AV or a drivers (like for the mouse or the keyboard).

after you reboot, check if you have a msimg32.dll file in Messenger's directory (Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger), right click, check the properties, in the Details section, check if "Product Name" is "Messenger Plus! Live" and not anything else.

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by smiggy on 03-07-2008 at 08:46 PM

Yeah, does read exactly just that.

The "Plus" menu disappears only when I do a reboot.

RE: The "Plus" option from the menu doesn't appear by MattyRid on 03-07-2008 at 08:55 PM

OK let me ask do you have windowsblinds installed by chance?