Shoutbox

Emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=81879)

Emoticons by Phenic Raider on 02-24-2008 at 09:17 PM

Would it be possible to make a script to stop friends sending Custom made Emoticons, but allowing you to send them instead?

RE: Emoticons by ArkaneArkade on 02-24-2008 at 09:54 PM

I'm not too sure about catching icons, but you could always use the /noicon comand, and then just have the script to detect when you send a custom icon but send the image file instead.

Why would you want to do this though?  It doesn't seem to serve any purpose I can think of.

RE: Emoticons by Phenic Raider on 02-24-2008 at 10:06 PM

Well, I hate seeing all these custom emoticons that people keep sending, but I never see my own because I've changed my settings, so I was wondering if you could stop other people sending them but with you able to send them.
Surely you must be aware of all the annoying emoticons out there, I know one person, she's got every letter as an emotion, she'll type "A" and you get an oddly shapped box with a flashing/glitering/rotating "A" and you can't read it without emoticons turned off.

RE: Emoticons by ArkaneArkade on 02-24-2008 at 11:31 PM

OK, my mistake, I completely read your post wrong.  I though you wanted to stop friends seeing not sending, so basically ignore what I said.

Theres a basic MSN option whether to show Custom emoticons in the Options>Messages tab.  I don't know if you'll be able to still use them yourself, but it'll stop the annoying ones.

I do know what you mean about people using those.  I've never had anyone that extreme... but that could be because I block people when they start using flashing ones, because the give me a headache.

RE: Emoticons by Phenic Raider on 02-24-2008 at 11:42 PM

Think it's possible? And do you think someone would make it?