Shoutbox

Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( (/showthread.php?tid=81890)

Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by BeLGaRaTh on 02-25-2008 at 02:30 AM

i am running WLM 9 beta and even though this skin is said to be compatible with it, I cannot use it as basically non of my contacts are shown :( The whole contact window is just shown white, there is a blue slider on the right but that doesn't move.

Is there a fix for this or do I just have to delete and use another one?*-)

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by warmth on 02-25-2008 at 03:15 AM

did you have a previous version of Apple skin installed before??? if your answer is YES please delete the entire apple skin folder and reinstall* it again... as a test...

* using the version downloaded from the Official Data Base...

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by BeLGaRaTh on 02-25-2008 at 10:47 AM

Thanks for the reply, it wasnt installed previously thus there was no folder, but for continuity's sake I did as you asked with the folder that was there now. Downloaded the skin installer again from the link given above (version 0.1.0) and it is still the same.

I get toasts and everything else, I just cannot see my contacts :(

FYI I tried the Skyline skin and that works fine.

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by Menthix on 02-25-2008 at 10:58 AM

I'll check it out when i get home, as far as i know it tested fine on 9.0 when i added it.

Is there anythin in Skin Trace.txt in the skin's folder?

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by Volv on 02-25-2008 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Is there anythin in Skin Trace.txt in the skin's folder?
Public distributions may not produce trace files if the skinner has specified so.
RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by Menthix on 02-25-2008 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Public distributions may not produce trace files
True, but most of the skins in the db have tracefiles enabled. I generally reccomend skinners to leave it on, easier to detect errors and saves me from having to change it while testing :p.
RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by BeLGaRaTh on 02-25-2008 at 04:21 PM

Sorry there is no Skin Trace.txt file in the "Apple Live Messenger" folder, the closest match to it is SkinInfo.xml is that the one you mean?

I have noticed that the Skylines skin has additional folders listed, namely Images, OptionPanel and UIFiles could that be the problem? ie the Apple one doesnt have those folders, just everything lumped into the root directory?

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by warmth on 02-25-2008 at 05:09 PM

No mate... SkinInfo file is where all the skin information is declarated... the skintrace file is a text file where all the skin errors are displayed... but if no error exists... no skintrace file will be created...

the folders are some kind of organazation used by the skinner... to have all files of a kind in one place... so don't worry cause that is not the problem... this is just that mynetx is very unorganized :P jajajaja just kindding my friend...

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by mynetx on 02-25-2008 at 06:14 PM

Hello BeLGaRaTh,
it'd be best to enclose a screenshot of what is wrong with the Apple Live Messenger skin on Windows Live Messenger 9. Additionally, feel always free to add me on Messenger at the address specified within my msghelp profile.

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by Menthix on 02-25-2008 at 06:22 PM

Just to confirm: Tested it on my own PC (WLM9), works fine here.

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by mynetx on 02-25-2008 at 06:25 PM

Maybe you have some elements patched using either Messpatch or A-Patch. Please provide as many details about the error as you can in order for me to solve it in 0.1.1, which is going to be released in some weeks nevertheless.

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by BeLGaRaTh on 02-26-2008 at 06:23 PM

Sorry was so long getting back, hospital day today :(

Don't have any hosting at the moment so have uploaded the images HERE

I dont use any other patching other than MSGPlus (the ads are automatically blocked at the bottom by AdMuncher, as a test I turned AdMuncher off and it was still the same, nothing showing :()

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by Basilis on 02-26-2008 at 06:51 PM

The pictures you uploaded do not appear at all. I see just some weird letters. Please attach them here.

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by BeLGaRaTh on 02-26-2008 at 07:02 PM

Tried attaching them both here before but it will only allow 1 attachment and that doesnt show up in preview. I will try again now.

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by BeLGaRaTh on 02-26-2008 at 07:03 PM

2nd image showing Skylines working.

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by warmth on 02-26-2008 at 09:26 PM

next time you should use some external image host provider to upload that file and avoid reply twice...

RE: RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by BeLGaRaTh on 02-27-2008 at 01:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
next time you should use some external image host provider to upload that file and avoid reply twice...

I did, 4 posts up from yours but was advised that they were not showing correctly, even though I checked myself and they were. I had to reply twice as I couldn't attach both in the same post and was requested to attach them here instead.
RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by BeLGaRaTh on 03-02-2008 at 04:04 PM

Any further help on this?

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by mynetx on 03-02-2008 at 04:13 PM

Expect ALM 0.1.1 to be more compatible with WLM9. :)

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by zogo on 03-03-2008 at 08:35 PM

i had the same problem it was a image over the contacts i think - it was a while ago (msn 9 sucked so i went back to 8.5) but i hunted for a blank image but i think it was in the xml file or somthin...

RE: Apple Skin ... Doesnt show contacts at all :( by riahc4 on 03-03-2008 at 10:52 PM

I hope the buddy list icons are updated for WLM9 :)