Shoutbox

Skin Interference. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Skin Interference. (/showthread.php?tid=81891)

Skin Interference. by MaxAlcolo on 02-25-2008 at 02:45 AM

I recently changed the skin (theme) of my Windows XP desktop, and now I realise that it is interfering with my Messenger skin. In more details, the font and colour of my contacts are from my XP theme, while almost everything else remained from my MSN skin (wich is Zero-G).

Is there any way to prevent such mix-ups to happen ?

RE: Skin Interference. by Willz on 02-25-2008 at 02:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MaxAlcolo
I recently changed the skin (theme) of my Windows XP desktop, and now I realise that it is interfering with my Messenger skin. In more details, the font and colour of my contacts are from my XP theme, while almost everything else remained from my MSN skin (wich is Zero-G).

The only way around this is to go into the classic theme options in xp and edit the colors so that they do not clash.

A future Zero-G update will remove the dependency that exists so that it does not cause issues with certain themes.
RE: RE: Skin Interference. by MaxAlcolo on 02-25-2008 at 03:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:

The only way around this is to go into the classic theme options in xp and edit the colors so that they do not clash.

A future Zero-G update will remove the dependency that exists so that it does not cause issues with certain themes.

I don't know much about skinning in general, but wouldn't that disable my Windows XP theme ?
The reason I got a Messenger skin was because it now looked weird with my new black XP theme (only my contact list background had changed). I thought by adding a skin to msn, it would "overwrite" anything in MSN, but things just got mixed up.

Is that even a little clear ?
RE: RE: RE: Skin Interference. by Willz on 02-25-2008 at 03:14 AM

Editing an xp themes colors does not disable the theme, all it does is change the global colors that the theme uses and other applications use (including windows live messenger). It is just a quick fix for the time being.

RE: Skin Interference. by MaxAlcolo on 02-25-2008 at 03:23 AM

Alright, and would there be a way to change the text colours in MSN (just for me, not for others to see) ?

RE: RE: Skin Interference. by Willz on 02-25-2008 at 03:44 AM

quote:
Alright, and would there be a way to change the text colours in MSN (just for me, not for others to see) ?

Not without directly editing the skins source files I'm afraid, you will just have to wait for an update to be issued.
RE: Skin Interference. by MaxAlcolo on 02-25-2008 at 03:51 AM

Ok, thanks a lot for your quick answers !