Shoutbox

Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! (/showthread.php?tid=81940)

Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by aNILEator on 02-26-2008 at 08:49 PM

I just set up a group on Steam for Messenger Plus! Community Gamers :)

Any gamers are invited (Be it Team Fortress, Counter Strike, Day of Defeat or whatever) just somewhere for the gamers amongst us to group up and get fragging together, We can organize games, events, player of the week etc too blah blah blah.

If you can't find it by searching the steam community, point your browsers to:

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msgplus
Join Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msgplus?action=join

and from there you can join the group, add members as friends, enter the chat room or whatever.

[Image: gb.png] UK Admin: aN1LEator
[Image: au.png] AUS Officer: Nanafreak

Happy Gaming!

Want to become your countries officer? Can you organize servers and times for your fellow countrymen to play? Leave your comments in the thread :)

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Basilis on 02-26-2008 at 09:11 PM

Eh, I went to the link but I can't find a place to register and create a profile. Where did you go?

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Voldemort on 02-26-2008 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Eh, I went to the link but I can't find a place to register and create a profile. Where did you go?
you have to pay

edit: for decent games.
RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Basilis on 02-26-2008 at 09:15 PM

Even though, there was not any link for that

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by aNILEator on 02-26-2008 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
you have to pay
Since when?

You can still have demos and stuff, it's only the full games that will cost (unless gifted a game, or 'acquiring' it)

Get Steam Now: http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=getsteamnow&cc=GB
RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Basilis on 02-26-2008 at 09:19 PM

You didn't answered my question. Where is the link to create a profile?

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Mike on 02-26-2008 at 09:21 PM

quote:
You have to download the client from here and create an account. Then, you will be able to join the group ;)

Btw, TF2 FTW! :D
RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by aNILEator on 02-26-2008 at 09:21 PM

quote:
See my previous post.

But really you should already have an account with some games on before attempting to join the community :P

We'll see how things go and then maybe get a weekly game organized for TF2 and CS or whatever proves popular :)
RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Basilis on 02-26-2008 at 09:23 PM

Ok. Thanks both Mike and aNILEator.

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Anubis on 02-26-2008 at 09:30 PM

Nice to see that I am Member 2 :p. TF2 = awesome. FYI I AM A SPY.

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Jimbo on 02-27-2008 at 05:29 PM

Ill join:D I play CSS like all the time and DOD sometimes

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Eljay on 02-27-2008 at 05:44 PM

Joined (H) TF2 and CSS FTW :P

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by NanaFreak on 02-27-2008 at 09:25 PM

i joined... but this sucks because i get major lag connecting to a UK server =\

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by RaceProUK on 02-28-2008 at 12:00 AM

Member 7 :D
DoD FTW!

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by aNILEator on 02-28-2008 at 01:11 AM

Nice to see it's growing slowly but surely :)
I've added you all as friends, so I think you'll get updates on announcements etc :S

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by kezz on 03-15-2008 at 01:35 AM

Anyone play cs1.6? or cs:cz?
btw, joining right now

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by prashker on 03-15-2008 at 01:35 AM

Audiosurf :o

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by MeEtc on 03-15-2008 at 03:46 AM

The only game I have (legally) thats from Steam is HL2 Deathmatch :(
Oh well, joined anyway

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by aNILEator on 03-15-2008 at 08:57 AM

some people in the UK have Easter holiday now so might get our first 'clan match' together soon :)

quote:
Originally posted by sonicspamy
Audiosurf :O

yeah it's pretty cool
RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by NanaFreak on 03-15-2008 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
some people in the UK have Easter holiday now so might get our first 'clan match' together soon :)
i guess i wont be in... toooooo much lagg ]=
RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by aNILEator on 03-15-2008 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
quote:

Damn right that server in Aus I joined earlier was well bad for me :'(
RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by GiantSpider on 03-15-2008 at 04:40 PM

I would join if I could remember my bloody login.

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Shiny Rabbit on 03-19-2008 at 07:52 PM

hell yeah, i'll be up for some CSS or half life 2 DM

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by aNILEator on 04-07-2008 at 03:09 AM

What dates are people free for a bit of a gaming session?

It seems most of us are in the UK. but if there is still a time slot where American users can join in then that's cool too

RE: RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by kezz on 04-07-2008 at 09:56 AM

We'll have to get some Aussie gamers together...

BTW: do you people think we can have an admin from each 'area' of the world [uk, aus, us, asia etc] to organise events for each individual area so suitable servers for each are are used. I'd be happy to organise Australia

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
quote:

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by NanaFreak on 04-07-2008 at 11:40 AM

i think i would be good for the aus part mainly because i have my own clan atm so yea

but i think the different region stuff would be good...

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by vikke on 04-07-2008 at 02:41 PM

Counter-Strike 1.6, someone?

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Eddie on 04-07-2008 at 03:52 PM

Joined up, will start with some games when my school holidays start (Y)

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by aNILEator on 04-08-2008 at 02:54 AM

Indeed, I don't mind setting certain people as group mods/admins on there either :)

My initial thoughts go towards Nanafreak as AUS Captain. But voting would be cool as well, or if NF doesn't want to be AUS Leader

-----------------------------------

I have now appointed Nanafreak as an Officer, he shares most of the permissions and  important parts for running the group. Nanafreak also informs me he can set you Aussies up with a server for free for a few hours of fragging time :)

Happy gaming Down under

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Justin on 04-08-2008 at 02:58 AM

If I 'acquire CSS' will i still be able to play online?

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by aNILEator on 04-08-2008 at 03:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible
If I 'acquire CSS' will i still be able to play online?
Usually only on certain cracked servers, unless your acquired version is indistinguishable between a normally licensed version and maybe the servers you connect to aren't VAC protected.
RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Eddie on 04-08-2008 at 03:01 AM

Depends where you 'acquire' it from, mine works online so -shrug-

RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by aNILEator on 04-08-2008 at 03:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Depends where
Depends how/who/where, by who I mean releaser and method used on such versions to become playable
RE: RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by kezz on 04-08-2008 at 04:12 AM

quote:
I have now appointed Nanafreak as an Officer, he shares most of the permissions and  important parts for running the group. Nanafreak also informs me he can set you Aussies up with a server for free for a few hours of fragging time :)

Happy gaming Down under

Yay! Is it just me and nanafreak from oz? I'm not sure what kind of ping I would get from a UK server but i'll see how it goes because there is alot of UK gamers
RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by NanaFreak on 04-08-2008 at 04:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
Yay! Is it just me and nanafreak from oz? I'm not sure what kind of ping I would get from a UK server but i'll see how it goes because there is alot of UK gamers
i think there are a few more, also i got my friends and that who can play... also wally (from here) is getting css soon... hopefully

edit: also there is phillip (seith)

and if you have 1.5Mb/s internet then you would get ~300+ ping in the UK... i have tried

edit: also thanks nile for making me leader :D
RE: Play Steam Games? Join the Messenger Plus! Community Steam Group! by Eddie on 04-08-2008 at 08:08 AM

* Eddie is from Aussie and will join in soon, gotta pick up my work first, apparently im seriously flunking maths >_>