Shoutbox

The E-mail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: The E-mail (/showthread.php?tid=81945)

The E-mail by barrique on 02-26-2008 at 09:39 PM

Hello,

I have a problem with the configuration of the email account.

I have a yahoo adress and I want to know when I have a new message.

The test of conection is good but The message show "You have 2050 new message", which is the total of my mail but not the number of new message.

I haven't a client like outlook to read my message, I read them on the yahoo site. Is this which done this problem ?

Or is it an other problem ?

Thanks for your response

RE: The E-mail by ahmetgns on 02-26-2008 at 10:39 PM

When Messenger Plus! asks for the number, pop3 servers report the total number of emails in inbox, not the number of unread ones. So neither you nor Messenger Plus! do something to fix this.

What you can do as a workaround is just creating a new folder at Yahoo mail as "Read Mails" and move mails to that folder after you read them.

There are some other threads about this case, search the forum to find & read them.

quote:
I haven't a client like outlook to read my message, I read them on the yahoo site. Is this which done this problem ?
No, that doesn't cause this problem. However if you get a program like this, you can use that because it looks like your Yahoo! account supports POP3. Windows Live Mail is a good one I think.
RE: The E-mail by barrique on 02-27-2008 at 08:09 AM

Thanks for your response

But I don't want to create a new folder for the unread mail.

If this possible to have the new mail with a script ?

If not, it isn't important

Thanks

RE: The E-mail by High Speed Chaser on 02-27-2008 at 08:16 AM

With most POP 3 accounts (severs) an e-mail client downloads the mail from the sever and thus it is then deleted from the sever. The feature in plus! asks the sever and the sever reports the total number of e-mails on it but since the previous messages were downloaded they were deleted after the download. Then when new mail comes it counts that. Thus I don't think there is any way around it.

Sorry it's not clear:$ and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

RE: The E-mail by barrique on 02-27-2008 at 10:09 AM

So according to you, it isn't possible to do what I want :(.
It isn't serious