Shoutbox

Looking for intel driver - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Looking for intel driver (/showthread.php?tid=81992)

Looking for intel driver by Oxy on 02-28-2008 at 10:45 PM

I've just reformatted, and i'm looking for the driver for my graphics i were using before the format. All i know is according to everest My intel chipset is a 950 GMA, and i know the title of the driver was something along the lines of "Graphics Accelerator"

Sorry for the bother, but i'm useless at google, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Looking for intel driver by Jesus on 02-28-2008 at 10:48 PM

check the manufacturer's website.
they usually provide drivers for their products.

RE: Looking for intel driver by Oxy on 02-28-2008 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
check the manufacturer's website.
they usually provide drivers for their products.
Tried, and couldn't find any decent matches.
RE: Looking for intel driver by tony on 02-28-2008 at 11:00 PM

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-020683.htm

RE: Looking for intel driver by Oxy on 03-04-2008 at 05:37 PM

Thanks tony, but everytime i run it, it gives this:

[Image: 1390971a5550a975a85d194d35f53fdb87acda5.png]

[Image: 13909700a73c1a45d2821db4ebf8524f4c24226.png]

Now i know i don't have any CD, or files to redirect it too. After that screen, it just tells me that an "Unkown error" has been found and that setup with exit. :(

RE: Looking for intel driver by Quantum on 03-04-2008 at 06:18 PM

Whats OS are you running? I found what you need but i need an OS?

RE: Looking for intel driver by MeEtc on 03-04-2008 at 06:21 PM

if you actually look at the screenshots, you can plainly see its XP

RE: Looking for intel driver by Quantum on 03-04-2008 at 06:22 PM

Screenshots? There is none?

The didn't load...

Anyway...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.as...ctID=2159&lang=eng is this what your looking for?

RE: Looking for intel driver by vaccination on 03-04-2008 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
I'm gunna take a stab in the dark and say, judging form the post above yours, windows xp perhaps? I mean, I could be totally wrong but..wait no, I'm not that much of an idiot.
RE: Looking for intel driver by Oxy on 03-05-2008 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t

WinXP professional SP2, But what you supplied me with isn't what i'm looking for, or helping with my error.

but rofl vaxhax. =o

RE: Looking for intel driver by Oxy on 03-06-2008 at 12:09 PM

Bump. :undecided:

RE: Looking for intel driver by Adeptus on 03-13-2008 at 07:15 AM

Oxy,

Let's start from the beginning.

Assuming you are correct about GMA 950, the driver download you need is named win2k_xp14323.exe -- if that is what you have been downloading, you don't need to re-download it.  If not, go to http://downloadcenter.intel.com/, choose "Graphics", "Desktop graphics controllers", "Intel 82945G Express Chipset" (about halfway down).  Don't worry if you have a laptop, it would still lead you to the same file.  This direct link may also work.

If this is what you have been downloading and you are still getting the same message, do the following:

1) Go to Start | Run and type the following (without quotes): "explorer %temp%".  When you click "Ok", an explorer shell window should open at a location similar to "C:\Documents and Settings\YourUsername\Local Settings\Temp";

2) Click on the "Tools" menu in the explorer shell window, "Folder options...", "View" tab, select "Show hidden files and folders" and click "Ok";

3) Make a note of what is in the temp folder already (you will likely see some randomly named files).  Now run the Intel driver package, while watching the temp folder -- you should see a new randomly named subfolder (e.g. "pft1D~tmp") appear.  Double click to enter that subfolder -- this is where the Intel installer decompressed your driver files to.

4) When you get to your "Insert disk" message, click "Ok", choose to select an alternate location if so prompted, then navigate to the temporary folder you are looking at in the other window, "Graphics" subfolder -- e.g. "C:\Documents and Settings\YourUsername\Local Settings\Temp\pft1D~tmp\Graphics\". Click "Ok" and your driver installation should happily proceed.

If you find these steps overwhelming, feel free to private message me with your Messenger address and we can arrange some time when I can help you with it over remote assistance.