Shoutbox

[Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM (/showthread.php?tid=82015)

[Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Willz on 03-01-2008 at 12:47 AM

Well vista skins is something I have not touched in a while now and many people are wondering if Windows Aero Messenger and Vista Live Messenger will ever be upgraded.

Well this is just a post to say that construction is well under way and the new update is something that will excite. I will be going at this skin solo as Stianu89 is now on a Macbook and can't really help with the update of Vista Live Messenger.

Anyway it will all fall under Windows Aero Messenger 2. The update will be really different to the original skin. How different? Well for starters there is no default theme (well there sort of is but meh).

Users will be able to pick pretty much every aspect of how they want their skin to look, from frame style right up to buddy color and pearl types.

Now for a small demonstration:

[Image: wam1lt8.th.jpg]

The first is a screen shot of the Aero Dark theme. Nothing new right? Well lets mix things up a bit with some user settings:

[Image: wam2xl7.th.jpg]

So I went into the options panel and changed two settings which has caused the skin to change slightly. This is what I mean by a theme generator, there will be a large amount of variation that a user can make. The beauty of this system will be that people can mix and match themes and can also easily switch from Windows Aero Messenger to Vista Live Messenger.

Well I'll finish this up by putting screen shot of the options panel so far. This is nowhere near final so you haven't seen nothing yet.

[Image: wamoptionshi0.th.jpg]

Remember this is FAR FROM FINISHED, so yeah keep that in mind

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Menthix on 03-01-2008 at 01:02 AM

One vista skin to rule them all :p. Nice!

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by NanaFreak on 03-01-2008 at 02:13 AM

umm, HOT!

though will you be able to do fully Aero stuff?

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by aNILEator on 03-01-2008 at 02:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
One vista skin to rule them all :p. Nice!

Willz is still in possession of my vistafy skin, said he was going to take a look at it and adjust something then send back..... Bastard :P
RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Willz on 03-01-2008 at 02:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
umm, HOT!

though will you be able to do fully Aero stuff?

Well if you mean glass of course not, but using the plus transparency does work pretty well. Its pretty much as close you will get.

I have found a cheap way of getting fade animations for buttons but yeah don't know if I will implement it :P

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator

Willz is still in possession of my vistafy skin, said he was going to take a look at it and adjust something then send back..... Bastard :P

LOL, I totally forgot about that :P be sure to remind me later on because knowing me ill forget again.

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by NanaFreak on 03-01-2008 at 02:22 AM

damn, glass would be really awesome... we need you to work with patchou to make it work :D

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by aNILEator on 03-01-2008 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator

LOL, I totally forgot about that :P be sure to remind me later on because knowing me ill forget again.

I already reminded you loads and your never on WLM now :P anyway posted a thread so you won't forget now! remember it's the chat window gradient thing that needed fixing., also I think you still have my other skin too with fixed word wheel element bug (that you implemented in the first place (a) :P)?
RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by John Anderton on 03-01-2008 at 08:01 AM

Erm.. too many slanty cross white line things from the first pic. Seems as though you've over done it :(
The options window looks good though :)

RE: RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Willz on 03-01-2008 at 08:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Erm.. too many slanty cross white line things from the first pic. Seems as though you've over done it :(
The options window looks good though :)

Like I said early preview, I haven't updated any resources from the previous versions plus If you aren't a fan of that particular background there are plenty of others to choose from.
RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by High Speed Chaser on 03-01-2008 at 08:58 AM

I like all the options you are putting into it such as the colour and type of the buddy icons.

Looks great can't wait until it's ready. Keep up the good work Willz.

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by vaccination on 03-01-2008 at 09:00 AM

Looks pretty nice, the customization features sound awesome

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by John Anderton on 03-01-2008 at 09:02 AM

Willz: I wouldn't mind being your skin test subject if you need opinions :) You know where to find me ;)

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Willz on 03-12-2008 at 02:10 AM

Just a status update on the skin. The core of the skin is fully complete now, the skin works unbelievably well :D. The amount of combinations that I have added into the skin is staggering so there will be plenty for everyone to play with.

All that is needed now is code that will shift the skin from Windows Aero Messenger to Vista Live Messenger. But yeah this skin will blow your mind once its done :P

RE: RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by High Speed Chaser on 03-12-2008 at 06:37 AM

quote:
Just a status update on the skin. The core of the skin is fully complete now, the skin works unbelievably well :D. The amount of combinations that I have added into the skin is staggering so there will be plenty for everyone to play with.

All that is needed now is code that will shift the skin from Windows Aero Messenger to Vista Live Messenger. But yeah this skin will blow your mind once its done :P

I really can't wait. Would I be able to test it goes into beta?
RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by bigb88 on 03-12-2008 at 07:04 AM

man everyone waitin for this lol :) wonder how many downloads it will get in the 1 day of it bein out when it comes to that

but ya willz lookin nice man

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Willz on 03-12-2008 at 09:25 AM

Time for another preview!

This will probably get people nagging me to hurry up but meh :P builds suspense.

This screen shot shows the power of the skin, It shows the changing of Windows Aero Messenger to Vista Live Messenger. All of this was achieved by just changing one setting in the options panel.

[Image: vlmwamcs1.th.png]

So the two most popular vista skins will be rolled into the one package :P how exciting. Now while this may look complete, it is far from it. The process of shifting from one style to another is currently being worked on so yeah theres still a while to go.

By the way I should point out that there is no beta testing period as the code from the old version is used and that is stable :P so bad luck :P

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Andylongi on 03-12-2008 at 09:34 AM

Well I like it.. the only things which i dont like are the add contact button and the other button and pls move them back on the top of the contact list.

RE: RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Willz on 03-12-2008 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
Well I like it.. the only things which i dont like are the add contact button and the other button and pls move them back on the top of the contact list.

Thats a user setting, you can move them back if you want. There is a lot of flexibility in this skin.
RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by bigb88 on 03-12-2008 at 11:57 AM

Willz

damn lookin nice how much longer lol

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Matti on 03-12-2008 at 01:21 PM

Damnit! How mad do you have to be to combine the greatest Vista skins ever made into one single package and shift between them with the click of a button. :O

Willz is too ingenious for me. :P

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Eddie on 03-12-2008 at 01:59 PM

This skin is looking absolutely awesome...
I'm loving the fact skins are starting to appear in full quality again, very good job as far as i can see Willz :)

RE: RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by vikke on 03-12-2008 at 04:23 PM

Looks good! :)

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Damnit! How mad do you have to be to combine the greatest Vista skins ever made into one single package and shift between them with the click of a button. :O

Willz is too ingenious for me. :P
If-statements?
RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Quantum on 03-12-2008 at 04:49 PM

Looks great, can't wait untill we can download.

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by ipab on 03-12-2008 at 05:16 PM

where is my copy will :P... ofcourse I haven't been around to nag you about it...

EDIT: Shit, one post shy of being a "Posting Freak":refuck:

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by duck! on 03-12-2008 at 05:25 PM

Looks bloody awesome :P
Can't wait until its released :p

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Matt-in on 03-12-2008 at 08:10 PM

Such A Nice SKin Loool. Waiting for it :) Hope it wont take too long ;)

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by mattumanutd on 03-16-2008 at 01:01 PM

whoa been waiting for this time for a while now :) can't wait D:

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Shiny Rabbit on 03-16-2008 at 01:22 PM

:o can't wait to get my hands on it

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Lou on 03-18-2008 at 01:02 AM

Well, Willz has handed copies to a few lucky Plus! beta testers, and being one of them, I must say that this skin is beyond cool. The features available are amazing, and everything just fits together quite nicely. When Willz said theme generator, I thought it was just a few customizing features. Nope, not the case at all. You can literally make your own unique theme out of the skin. You mix and match and find what suits you best.

I've never seen anything quite like it. This theme is beyond anything seen in Plus! skinning (hell, with any other type of skinning I've seen myself) so far. This is one skin that goes to make everything work nicely. It even makes Stuffplug's timezone feature fit in with the rest.

There's quite a bit more to say, but I'll leave some surprises for when you actually get your hands on this wonderful piece of artwork. Just for that, I'll even hold back on posting screenshots :P.

You have no idea how cool this skin will be;)

RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Nagamasa on 03-18-2008 at 01:17 AM

lol .Lou cross-forum posting :P

I do look forward to using VLM, as I have all your skins (even though I don't use them much) and to see how much higher up you put the benchmark of Plus! skinning to be (and how incredibly far away I am).

But to be really honest, the screenies themselves don't quite impress me so much, but with the theme generator that .Lou mentioned and the whole slew of options that you have (that aren't those simple remove this remove that thing), I have no clue what to expect. :P

quote:
This screen shot shows the power of the skin, It shows the changing of Windows Aero Messenger to Vista Live Messenger. All of this was achieved by just changing one setting in the options panel.
Oi don't make it seem like the hardest thing in the world :P

And to sum it all (by my very scattered brain), can't wait!
RE: RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Willz on 03-18-2008 at 01:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
lol .Lou cross-forum posting :P

I do look forward to using VLM, as I have all your skins (even though I don't use them much) and to see how much higher up you put the benchmark of Plus! skinning to be (and how incredibly far away I am).

But to be really honest, the screenies themselves don't quite impress me so much, but with the theme generator that .Lou mentioned and the whole slew of options that you have (that aren't those simple remove this remove that thing), I have no clue what to expect. :P
quote:
Oi don't make it seem like the hardest thing in the world :P

And to sum it all (by my very scattered brain), can't wait!

Hey naga, that one setting change causes a whole bunch of resource groups to change accordingly. There are a lot of settings that impact other settings as well so its not as easy as it sounds. The skininfo.xml is over 11,000 lines long so yeah :P
RE: [Early Preview] WAM2 with VLM by Nagamasa on 03-18-2008 at 01:38 AM

quote:
Hey naga, that one setting change causes a whole bunch of resource groups to change accordingly. There are a lot of settings that impact other settings as well so its not as easy as it sounds. The skininfo.xml is over 11,000 lines long so yeah :P

Oh **** I would die looking at that (and so would Dreamweaver, along with the rest of my computer :P). LoV only has 566, with ~60 lines of <!-->s. Now doing the math...it took me about an hour to get it all tidied, and it would take you...A LOT of TIME. I take that back :P, and plus, the way I did it isn't probably as efficient as your method anyhow :P

And can we get another screenshot now? (A) And how many millions of combination can we get in total? (In an astronomical number mood today :P)