Shoutbox

adding many friends to my list quickly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: adding many friends to my list quickly (/showthread.php?tid=82030)

adding many friends to my list quickly by magoood on 03-01-2008 at 01:06 PM

Hi
I store the emails of my too many friends in a text file and now i wanna add them to my MSN Messenger (which i installed recently after a long period of dislike to this program) to quickly chat with instead of writing emails. How can i do this instead of the boring method of adding one email @a time which is a very boring process 4 me?

RE: adding many friends to my list quickly by aNILEator on 03-01-2008 at 01:58 PM

you should be able to change the file type of the list into the .ctt contact list and then import it into messenger i'm not sure if there needs formatting inside the file, so test it first

RE: RE: adding many friends to my list quickly by magoood on 03-01-2008 at 02:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
you should be able to change the file type of the list into the .ctt contact list and then import it into messenger i'm not sure if there needs formatting inside the file, so test it first
No, it didn't work, it needs a special formatting 1st which i don't know how to do
RE: adding many friends to my list quickly by Basilis on 03-01-2008 at 02:20 PM

Contact ahmetgns. He knows a code which you put into the chat window and can add many addresses all in once.

RE: adding many friends to my list quickly by aNILEator on 03-01-2008 at 02:36 PM

the formatting is as such:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<messenger>
  <service name=".NET Messenger Service">
    <contactlist>
      <contact type="1">contact1@hotmail.co.uk</contact>
      <contact type="1">contact2@hotmail.com</contact>
      <contact type="32">yahoo_contact@yahoo.com</contact>
    </contactlist>
  </service>
</messenger>

use 32 if it's a YIM contact

RE: adding many friends to my list quickly by Spunky on 03-01-2008 at 03:34 PM

I don't think MS like people adding contacts from a plain text file due to so many lists of peoples emails being passed to spammers... This makes it harder

RE: adding many friends to my list quickly by -dt- on 03-01-2008 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I don't think MS like people adding contacts from a plain text file due to so many lists of peoples emails being passed to spammers... This makes it harder
not really, it would take like two seconds to write code to read the textfile and turn it into xml...
RE: adding many friends to my list quickly by Voldemort on 03-01-2008 at 07:12 PM

quote:
the formatting is as such:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<messenger>
  <service name=".NET Messenger Service">
    <contactlist>
      <contact type="1">contact1@hotmail.co.uk</contact>
      <contact type="1">contact2@hotmail.com</contact>
      <contact type="32">yahoo_contact@yahoo.com</contact>
    </contactlist>
  </service>
</messenger>

use 32 if it's a YIM contact

I can confirm to the op that this works.
RE: adding many friends to my list quickly by ahmetgns on 03-03-2008 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Contact ahmetgns. He knows a code which you put into the chat window and can add many addresses all in once.
REally? I can't remember that I posted anything like this.
quote:
<contact type="1">
If you don't have a yahoo contact, I think it is fine to write only <contact>address</contact>