Shoutbox

Kernel32DLL - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Kernel32DLL (/showthread.php?tid=82043)

Kernel32DLL by lancer on 03-01-2008 at 11:38 PM

In uninstalling an older Norton Antivirus to install a new one, I came to a point where the uninstaller asked me if I was sure I wanted to delete three things.

I deleted the first two. The secone was: Kernel32DLL:lsWow64Process ... I don't know what the first was. I did not delete the third. Now my computer won't even boot up.

I tried system restore and even attempted to use the recovery disc to take my computer back to factory settings. However, without the Kernel32DLL I could not run the CD.

I can't even boot up because it won't read the files.

Help!     

RE: Kernel32DLL by Jarrod on 03-02-2008 at 01:50 AM

wtf did you delete the kernel's resource?
try a boot cd like bart or an xp disk

RE: Kernel32DLL by Spunky on 03-02-2008 at 01:53 AM

As a rule, I don't delete files with a 32 in the name without checking what they are first

RE: RE: Kernel32DLL by Jarrod on 03-02-2008 at 02:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
As a rule, I don't delete files with a 32 in the name without checking what they are first

the virus makers know that, some infect it others just callthem stuff with 32 in it
fix in recovery console

RE: Kernel32DLL by Patchou on 03-02-2008 at 05:08 AM

NAV asked you to delkete kernel32.dll ? I can't believe even NAV would be that faulty.

Still, a boot CD of Windows should work. Are you sure you are indeed booting from the Windows CD ?

RE: Kernel32DLL by Jarrod on 03-02-2008 at 05:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
NAV asked you to delkete kernel32.dll ? I can't believe even NAV would be that faulty.

knowing NAV it was probally infected or said you can't uninstall me... i'll show him

typing this at recovery console should work
Expand  d:\i386\kernel32.dl_
(providing your cd drive is d: )