Shoutbox

[Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09) (/showthread.php?tid=82049)

[Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09) by MeEtc on 03-02-2008 at 03:19 AM

YASS Server Updated
January 25, 2009

After a LOT of procrastination and just plain lack of interest at times, I have FINALLY made a release of YASS Server version 0.10.112. I'm not going to post a complete change log, mostly because I haven't been keeping track of all the changes!
The majority of the changes and additions in this version relate to the admin panel, moderating, editing and logging changes. If there's anyone who really wants something more detailed, just PM or Contact me.

March 27: bugs reported relating to editing and loading templates. Due to my stupidity, these have been updated in client 0.9.85. Also included are minor changes in the Spanish language file.

Today, I present to you, the user, versions 0.9.84 for the client and 0.9.95 for the server.
Changes to the client include bugfixes for:
-Plus format codes being sent in the PSM
-Office icon being shown instead of Games icon
-Crash report made by Bilbo
-Restricted having more than one settings window open at the same time

Added:
-Links to log onto the YASS website for added functionality, explained below.
-Menu option to check for messages. This feature is not added on the server quite yet, but I figured I should add it now for use later.

Changes to the server include:
-Users can upload fonts and images to be approved by a moderator or admin
-Uploaded images and fonts can be marked as private, so only the uploader can use them
-Listings and previews of all publicly available images and fonts

Added an administration panel that is still growing in size
-upload images and fonts with no size restriction
-review and approve user uploads

At present, there is nothing that allows moderators and administrators to be added. This needs to be done in the database itself. Contact me if you need assistance with this.

And, as always,
feedback is always welcomed and encouraged!

Posted March 2, 2008:

Happy birthday, YASS! As of today, March 2, I began using and creating what has eventually became what is now known as Yet Another Status Signature. So, whats a birthday party without presents?

Over the past few weeks, I have been given a very generous present from the user that has created Plus! Café, among other things. He goes by many names, and currently goes by Naruto-SR
Brayden has purchased hosting for me on a dedicated server, and seems like he has bigger plans for a few more servers! So what that means, is that I will have room for literally thousands of users on the main YASS servers, not to mention that the server software is open-source. Anyone with their own hosting can create their own server.

The second present of the day, is version 0.9.78 for the client Plus script, and 0.9.89 for the server software. The client is now at a level in which I can now call it a Release Candidate. It is not a final version, but is ready enough for more regular usage. I cannot say the same for the server package yet. It is still missing a few key features I have planned for release. Many administration tasks still require direct editing of the database tables.

The third present goes right alongside the second. I am now opening registrations for anyone to use. I have capped the number of users to 500 at the moment, but I will increase it as necessary depending on server load.

So what are you waiting for? Go get Yet Another Status Signature today!

[Image: yass-preview.jpg]

Script description:
YASS is a revolutionary new way to show your Messenger status online.
Design and create up to 10 personally customized images to display anywhere on the Internet using the included image editor. Select from a list of provided backgrounds, or create your own and submit it to the suggestions site (http://trac.meetcweb.com/client/report/1/).The YASS Image Editor allows for fine-tuned control of what elements are displayed on each image, where to locate, the colour to display, sizes, and virtually anything else needed.

YASS includes 5 languages in this release: Deutsch (German), English, Español (Spanish), Italiano (Italian), and Nederlands (Dutch). Any additional translations are welcome.

To use YASS, an account is needed on a YASS server. Register an account, or download the open-source software at http://www.yetanothersig.com to get started.

This version of the YASS client script is being distributed as a release candidate, which means that there may be bugs within the software that have yet to be discovered. To report a bug, offer a suggestion, make a comment, or just to reach the developers, create a ticket at http://trac.meetcweb.com/client/report/1. All submissions will be reviewed, and feedback is always welcomed.

YASS is released under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence v.3
RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by John Anderton on 03-02-2008 at 04:05 AM

Seems like a nice idea. I don't really use such a sig but it seems nice enough. If server room is needed, I think my host wouldn't mind :)
As long as it doesn't add to the server load, it should be fine :P

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Eddie on 03-02-2008 at 04:25 AM

Nice to see YASS is moving along very quickly and becoming a very good script indeed :) Nice to know you have a dedicated server and what-not, good luck into the future!

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Naruto-SR on 03-02-2008 at 08:16 PM

I just want to say, happy birthday YASS :o) and well done to Adam for getting YASS to where it is (Y).

Also, I am looking to buy a few more servers in different locations .. this would be good for usage balancing and other small things.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by bigb88 on 03-02-2008 at 10:41 PM

MeEtc - very nice script u got here :)

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by MeEtc on 03-02-2008 at 11:41 PM

Wow, I'm surprised at the response to this script so far! Just under 7 hours of being on the scripts database, and already YASS has hit the 1000 downloads mark :D

What is a bit disappointing though, is the percentage of those users that have actually registered to use YASS. Only 20 users up to now have registered for an account. Oh well, they don't know what they're missing.

Party time! :o)

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Soardra on 03-05-2008 at 02:25 AM

o.o I'm just confused...where am I supposed to find this surver URL?...I may be missing something obvious, but it IS 9:25 PM D:

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Naruto-SR on 03-05-2008 at 02:32 AM

If you read http://www.yetanothersig.com/?act=getstart#config .. it will tell you everything you need to know.

Btw, use http://www.yetanothersig.com as the server URL.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by MeEtc on 03-05-2008 at 02:42 AM

The server URL it asks for is the same as the URL for the home page on the server you register on. The main site's home page is http://www.yetanothersig.com, from where anyone can register for an account.

If you download the server software and install it to another location, http://somedomain.com/yass/and register there, then that would be the URL. Also, if the path is in a folder like in this example, then the trailing slash is needed. eg:

http://somedomain.com/yass won't work
http://somedomain.com/yass/ works
http://subdomain.domain.com/folder/folder2/yass/ works

to sum it up, http://www.yetanothersig.com is the URL if you register an account there.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Soardra on 03-05-2008 at 03:00 AM

Thanks! It wasn't very clear to me where to find it...and that might be half the reason why people haven't registered o-o...or it could just be because of my tired mind that I missed it if it was mentioned somewhere XD

*looks through it* New question...how put custom backgrounds in here XD I'm working on a skin atm...although I can't get the darn contacts list background to go transparent D:...and stuffz

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by MeEtc on 03-05-2008 at 04:36 AM

there will be options to upload your own backgrounds, fonts, icons etc in most likely the next version that I'm working on now.
Until then, you can send me a PM with a link to the background or whatever that you want added.

Here's a preview of what I have so far. Its not quite finished yet.
http://meetcweb.com/up/user_mycontent.jpg
http://meetcweb.com/up/user_upcontent.jpg

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by bigb88 on 03-05-2008 at 08:10 AM

:) alot of users who download this and sign up should like this and me is one of them :)

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Baggins on 03-05-2008 at 03:52 PM

It looks great MeEtc!
Much more customisabe than web2live, and I love the openness, and the built in bot is hot :p

Some features needed though:
-Status XML
-Send a message
-Preview of image
-You need more info in the script for new users (premade images, server preentered)

Other that that, I like it.

And on a further note, the protocol looks well thought out(Y)

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by vikke on 03-05-2008 at 04:10 PM

Seems like a very good script, and it's even better it's released under GPL3. So.. Now port it to *nix. (otherwise Linus won't use it) :)

RE: RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Soardra on 03-05-2008 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
there will be options to upload your own backgrounds, fonts, icons etc in most likely the next version that I'm working on now.
Until then, you can send me a PM with a link to the background or whatever that you want added.

Here's a preview of what I have so far. Its not quite finished yet.
http://meetcweb.com/up/user_mycontent.jpg
http://meetcweb.com/up/user_upcontent.jpg
Yay! ^^ Fun fun...more fonts = good :D I also have some pirate-like icons to share...I will PM those ^^

* Soardra runs off to do so *
RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Baggins on 03-05-2008 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
port it to *nix.
The client?
Also, MeEtc, who hosts you?
RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Naruto-SR on 03-05-2008 at 05:40 PM

Hey, I own the dedicated server that YASS is on.

MeEtc did something naughty, hence the server may be a little all over the place.

I am planning on getting a server for Europe, South America, North America and Asia, when I have all these YASS's servers will perform even more smoothly.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Richy on 03-07-2008 at 10:19 AM

I couldn't install YASS SERVER 0.9 in DreamHost. Because install.php said that allow_url_fopen isn't supported. Therefore, I tried to install this script in my local PC. After succesful database connection, it said "yass_[something]" already exist. I saw in the database 4-5 table and only one table was fulled. I tried again but there was not difference.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Eddie on 03-07-2008 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Richy
I couldn't install YASS SERVER 0.9 in DreamHost. Because install.php said that allow_url_fopen isn't supported. Therefore, I tried to install this script in my local PC. After succesful database connection, it said "yass_[something]" already exist. I saw in the database 4-5 table and only one table was fulled. I tried again but there was not difference.
Why don't you just use the website provided until MeEtc can get back to you on this one xD
RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by MeEtc on 03-07-2008 at 02:15 PM

I just noticed that dreamhost does not have allow_url_fopen. I had YASS running fine there before. I'll make sure to remove that requirement for the next release.

Here's an updated install file that you can use instead as well

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Richy on 03-07-2008 at 03:03 PM

MeEtc,
Thank you for new index.php.

But I still have problem. I tried to install again. After succesful database connection, it says "yass_[something]" already exist. I saw in the database 4-5 table and only one table was fulled (yass_image_items).

I changed name of install folder. When I enter the script's addrress in IE, it says "The configuration file is missing! YASS server is unable to operate without the configuration file".

I updated old settings.php of yass_server-0.8.83. But, i think there is some missings. I never can install this script....

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by MeEtc on 03-07-2008 at 03:12 PM

I just found a few more problems, sorry :$

I fixed the download package, and it should be OK now. you can get it from
http://www.yetanothersig.com/?act=download

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Richy on 03-07-2008 at 03:54 PM

ok, I am trying... :)

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Richy on 03-07-2008 at 04:15 PM

After the giving ID passport and password, these errors became;

Warning: require_once(../includes/msnpauth/sendMsg.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.prancer/***/***.com/test4/index.php on line 333

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../includes/msnpauth/sendMsg.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.prancer/***/***.com/test4/index.php on line 333

Bug to report. by Baggins on 03-07-2008 at 10:25 PM

steps:

- create an image
- select it and hit delete, blur the dialog
- hit delete again, and click ok
- wait until the image is deleted
- hit ok on the second window
- wlm crashes

RE: RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Adnan-A on 03-09-2008 at 12:02 AM

I get this error after i've pressed sign up:

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mybestel/public_html/sigs/includes/msnpauth/sendMsg.php on line 149

The messaging bot was unable to deliver a confirmation code to the address you have specified because an unknown error has occured. Please go back and try again.

can any one help :S

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by MeEtc on 03-12-2008 at 03:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
Some features needed though:
-Status XML
Its on my to-do list, in addition to formats other than PNG for images
quote:
-Send a message
Just started that last week
quote:
-Preview of image
I have an idea on how to add this, but I won't be adding it until after release. The problem I have with this, is that each image generation causes quite a bit of CPU usage in comparison to loading a regular web page. What I think I'm going to do, is load a preview in a BrowserControl and show an HTML version of the image layout instead of an actual image.
quote:
-You need more info in the script for new users (premade images, server preentered)
There's a getting started guide that is linked to after finishing the registration. I have also updated the script to show more information about account creation on the first window shown that asks for a URL.

quote:
steps:

- create an image
- select it and hit delete, blur the dialog
- hit delete again, and click ok
- wait until the image is deleted
- hit ok on the second window
- wlm crashes
Confirmed. I'll see what I can do about that. I have a few other problems caused by multiple windows as well that need to be fixed.

quote:
Originally posted by Adnan-A
I get this error after i've pressed sign up:

This has to do with the bot script. I didn't create it myself, and I'm having difficulty tracing back what exactly is happening. That error randomly occurs for me as well, and constantly occurs on other servers. I'm not sure yet what is going on, but I've made it a priority.
RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Roger2hk on 03-12-2008 at 02:37 PM

That's awesome!! =]

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by MeEtc on 03-16-2008 at 10:11 AM

Alright, I'm almost ready to release another version today of both the server and client. But before I do, I need some help in some final translation work before I put it all online.

quote:
There is a new version of YASS available. New in this version: Upload your own fonts and images! Click the link below to download it now.

I need that translated into Dutch before I can put everything online.

Can anyone help?

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Matti on 03-16-2008 at 10:47 AM

Here you go! :D

quote:
Er is een nieuwe versie van YASS beschikbaar. Nieuw in deze versie: Upload je eigen lettertypes en afbeeldingen! Klik op de link onderaan om deze nieuwe versie nu te downloaden.
I have replaced "it" with "this new version" in the last sentence, because it might sound as if you would download your own fonts and images when you click the link below. Maybe it doesn't sound like that in English, but I think that in Dutch, it does. :P
RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by MeEtc on 03-16-2008 at 11:40 AM

Thanks Mattike!

I have updated the downloads page on http://www.yetanothersig.com with the new versions of the client and server. So as can be seen above, the biggest addition to this release is the ability to upload fonts, backgrounds and icons.

Full description in first post

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9 by Eddie on 03-16-2008 at 11:43 AM

Hehe got a nice little notification from YASS Bot. Nice updates by the way, keep up the good work as usual :)

When do you plan to include my "do not notify me again" option about logging in and setting up YASS on my accounts and things? :)

EDIT: Nevermind.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.84 (March 16) by MeEtc on 03-16-2008 at 11:55 AM

That should have been fixed. What should happen now, is a second WLM account should only be prompted to set up YASS the first time signing in. After that, you'll need to go to the settings window to make changes.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.84 (March 16) by duck! on 03-16-2008 at 12:23 PM

Awesome, Keep up the good work (y)

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.84 (March 16) by Baggins on 03-16-2008 at 12:40 PM

Regen error... Admin contact sequence initiated...

MeEtc?

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.84 (March 16) by MeEtc on 03-16-2008 at 10:24 PM

It will work next time you sign in or restart the script. I changed something on my side for you.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.84 (March 16) by Ezra on 03-22-2008 at 09:20 PM

Any updates on the bot? Still doesn't work for me.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.84 (March 16) by MeEtc on 03-24-2008 at 05:14 AM

I'm still trying to figure out whats wrong. But seeing as its working for me, I have no idea on where to start looking.

I have a modified version of the SendMsg example from MSN Fanatic that I would appreciate anyone having problems with the bot to try on their server.

What I have added is the raw communication between the scripts and the messaging servers. Please contact me privately with a sample output of the package, so I can figure out where things are going wrong.

EDIT: I just found a problem on the server that was preventing registrations. It seems that I was using the wrong datatype in the database, limiting the number of users to 255. I have fixed this, and registrations have been fixed now.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.84 (March 16) by r3d DaWn on 03-27-2008 at 05:49 PM

I'm having issues with this script, hope someone can help me. I registered for an account on the website, added the bot (is always offline though) got the code from the bot and entered it to reg, downloaed the script, latest version of script/MPL as well. Added the url of: http://www.yetanothersig.com to the section requesting URL info, and then tried to create my image. I go to edit images, try to select any of the numbers, 1 for example, then click ok, nothing happens, just say's loading. I exit out after about 5 minutes of waiting, and try going back, this time I choose 1, highlighted, and then click new from template, again, nothing happens, just say's loading. No errors, nothing ever happens, and i don't know if it's something I'm not doing right, or the script not working. I'm running latest version of WLM as well, on vista, broadband connection, and so my question is, am I doing something wrong here? Any help would be great, thanks..

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.84 (March 16) by MeEtc on 03-27-2008 at 06:31 PM

Hey there. Thanks for the feedback.
Yes, the bot will always be offline. Thats normal.

As for the templates, yes I have found that in the current version already, and has been fixed. I wasn't going to make another release so soon after the last, but I suppose I can for those who want it.

Download page updated: http://www.yetanothersig.com/?act=download

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by r3d DaWn on 03-28-2008 at 01:59 AM

Thanks for the reply and help, I seem to have it working now. Many thanks. 2 questions though. The MSN DARK default image, as you notice, on the 4 corners shows some white edges, and on a dark forum background, can be seen quite easily, is that the image itself that is the issue, or did I do something wrong? Also, will current versions of this script included the default MSN emoticons that can be used in a personal message? Notice on mine the small computer by my personal message doesn't show, will that feature be added in upcoming releases? Great work, love the script, many thanks again.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by roflmao456 on 03-28-2008 at 02:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by r3d DaWn
Thanks for the reply and help, I seem to have it working now. Many thanks. 2 questions though. The MSN DARK default image, as you notice, on the 4 corners shows some white edges, and on a dark forum background, can be seen quite easily, is that the image itself that is the issue, or did I do something wrong? Also, will current versions of this script included the default MSN emoticons that can be used in a personal message? Notice on mine the small computer by my personal message doesn't show, will that feature be added in upcoming releases? Great work, love the script, many thanks again.

edit the template and change in the Background setting

- check Transparent Background
RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by MeEtc on 03-28-2008 at 02:25 AM

As of now, icons do not appear in the personal message due to the line wrapping feature of the psm. Positioning the icons is going to be a huge pain when i get around to doing it.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by r3d DaWn on 03-28-2008 at 02:56 AM

@ roflmao456: many thanks for the tip, worked, thank you

@ MeEtc: sorry, didn't know it was more work to add them in, though I hope in time, when possible, etc, that this can be part of the script, as everything else on it rocks, and many of us use icons in those personal messages, just a hope that it can be a feature that is added soon.. many thanks for the work on the script though, it's awesome..

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by Justin on 03-28-2008 at 03:13 AM

Great to see another release, works fine for me now :)

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by Roger2hk on 03-31-2008 at 11:29 AM

Could you please fix the language bugs?
It cannot display the big5 (Traditional Chinese Words)!!
Should I upload it or something else?

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by Eddie on 03-31-2008 at 12:37 PM

Haven't noticed any bugs, not sure if it was a new minor release or what, nice job adam :)

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by MeEtc on 03-31-2008 at 07:00 PM

Yes, this was a minor release (only one revision between). In this update, there were some Spanish translation updates and fixes to the image editor. When selecting New, the list wasn't closing like it should, and the New from Template button was causing an error that prevented the template window from opening.

quote:
Originally posted by Roger2hk
Could you please fix the language bugs?
It cannot display the big5 (Traditional Chinese Words)!!
Should I upload it or something else?
The only limitation for Traditional Chinese characters is the font that you're using. The only font available at the moment (I think) that can display this is Arial Unicode. If you have any other fonts, feel free to upload it, or link it to me if its too big.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by MeEtc on 04-01-2008 at 07:52 AM

I'm making this double post (sorry) to make some updates on the overall progress I'm having with this project.

As for the client script, revision 85 is currently available. This is the third version that has been released since the original release candidate, revision 78. I have made a few more changes still to that version. I expect that 86 or 87 will be released as version 1.0 in the next month or so. I haven't been doing very much other than fixing bugs and code restructuring/moving since rev.78. That doesn't mean I haven't been busy, because I have been making many changes and additions on the server side.

The first public release of the server software contained little more than the back-end functionality, and a minimalistic home page. Since then, I have added ability for both user and administrative logins, with pages for each. Users now have the ability to upload their own images and fonts (and mark as private if so desired) to submit to the staff for review. Users can see the status of their own uploads, and view all fonts and images that have been approved by staff.

On the administration side, there are pages for a full list of users, all uploaded images and fonts and ability to edit the specifics for them, as well as an upload tool without filesize restrictions.

I would guess and say that I'm about halfway finished with the features I plan on adding  to the server. Things I have yet to add include:

• Editing users: reset password, deny uploads, disable account
  • Mod/admin list: add additional staff members
  • User messaging: Allow messages to be sent from a web page to users
    • I have two ideas on how to add this, and I'm not sure which to use quite yet. One method is to have a simple text form to enter a message, and have the messaging bot deliver the message to the user. This method will be able to take messages even when a user is offline. The other alternative is to use the Windows Live messaging app to allow a real-time conversation, but it only works if the user is online. Suggestions are welcome
  • I still have not done anything with the messaging bot, despite all the complaints. I have not collected enough information to find out WHY it isn't working everywhere. If there is anyone who is having problems with the bot script, please contact me via email or WLM/MSN.
  • A whole bunch of minor inconsistencies within the code.

Some shuffling of the servers will probably be coming in the near future as well. My goal (not by choice, blame my hoster :tongue:) is to have multiple public YASS servers off from the main site, for separating users by region. I currently have a second server off the main one that will become the home for users of the Americas. I'm waiting on another that will host users on and to the east of the Prime Meridian.

I am also in need of translators! The client is available in Deutsch (German), English, Español (Spanish), Italiano (Italian), and Nederlands (Dutch). Additional translations (particularly French!) would be much appreciated. The server is only available in English at the moment because it is still constantly changing, and have not sorted out the differences between the  main site and the distributed versions. Please contact me if you are willing to help out.

Some statistics for everyone to look at for the month of March...
300 new users
13.45 GB in bandwidth used
250 downloads of the server software
over 17,000 downloads of the plus script

567089 status images loaded [Image: xso_shocked.gif]

Lastly, I am always open to suggestions. I probably won't be adding anything to version 1.0 aside to what I have mentioned above, but I already have other things which I'll list below I plan on adding later. If you have anything at all to mention or suggest, tell me! Without knowing what users want, I can't make YASS a better product.

Things to add in future versions:
  • A preview window on the image editor, to be displayed with HTML / browser object.
  • Layering in the image editor, to change the order in which components are rendered.
  • Possibility of adding a CMS on the main site, and maybe a forum if there's enough demand.
  • Do I dare say it... A bot script that works

Thank you very much to everyone who has helped me along the way so far, most especially to mynetx and Brayden for their continued help, support and endless hours of time.
RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by r3d DaWn on 04-04-2008 at 09:46 PM

from what you listed, the only thing I would ask for is that msn default icons be allowed to show up in the personal message in future builds of your script. Beyond that, I think your script is great and use it over anything else, and have pushed others to use it too... Great job, keep up the work...thanks for keeping us updated on your projects...

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by MeEtc on 04-06-2008 at 06:46 PM

r3d DaWn: Yes, that has been requested before. The reason I haven't added it yet is due to the line wrapping thats available in the PSM. Positioning the icons is going to be a pain.

On a side note, yetanothersig.com is currently undergoing maintenance while apache and PHP are being recompiled. I needed to add a PHP module for something I have in the works, which (Hopefully!) will be available later today or tomorrow if all goes well.

As for user impact, expect HTTP 500 or 404 errors until its finished

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by MeEtc on 06-11-2008 at 12:03 AM

Hello everyone,

Sorry about the down time, but I should have the site back up at some point this evening on another server. As for what actually happened to YASS over the past week or so, it seems the plug was pulled from the original server without notice. I have a backup (which is uploading as I type this) but it is dated April 14. Many users will have to re-register, and many file uploads are probably missing as well.

As for updates to the program itself, I have up to revision 105 logged into subversion for the server, but almost nothing has been done to the client. I have barely done anything to YASS since about the beginning of April, mostly due to lack of free time.

Update to above: Looks like I just have to make a few file edits to get everything working on the back side, and probably will need to upload some new files to the admin area to get everything back to what it should be.

The bot appears to be working just fine for the moment, but that could change when everyone starts requesting new keys all at once.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by Eddie on 06-11-2008 at 12:19 AM

Nice to hear your on the way back up, sucks they pulled the plug without even letting you get a back up at all though, not very reliable or helpful of them, but YASS lives on, good job mate (Y)

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by Nagamasa on 06-11-2008 at 01:22 AM

lol MeEtc, mind getting to fixing the emoticons formatting? (See my display picture and you'll see what I mean :P)

They're misaligned :)

(Just treat this as a reminder, I'm in no hurry)

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27) by zach on 06-11-2008 at 10:47 AM

Has the Display Picture template always been aNILEator's or was the original default display picture border lost? I'm sure it looks different now.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (August 9) by MeEtc on 11-06-2008 at 03:45 AM

Hello everyone, Its been a long time since I've provided any updates on this thread, I have been busy in real life, but also with changes with YASS too.

I have only been working on the server scripts to create a administration panel. Hopefully by the end of this month I can have a version 1.0 ready for both client and server. If there is anyone who would be willing to provide a new translation for YASS, please send me a message.

The next release of the server will have the ability to upgrade from the present release of the server script, 0.9.95. I am looking for anyone who has an existing install of YASS who would be willing to test the upgrade functionality.

So what happens after version 1? The biggest problem I have seen so far is the difficulty in creating a unique image. I plan on fixing this with a new image editor with drag+drop, making the editor much more user friendly. Some other minor feature updates too, but you'll have to wait for me to write about them in the news section on Yet Another Sig once its up and running.

Starting tonight, I am also in progress of moving YASS to a new server. Thanks to brian and vexxhost for the new, more reliable service.

At present, the database is now moved but the files are not. This may result in some delays in loading images or updating statuses; I do not know for certain what effects may result in the remote database.

As always, comments and criticism is always welcome.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (August 9) by MeEtc on 01-04-2009 at 09:31 PM

Ok, so scrap what I said in the last message about having a version ready by the end of the month. its been almost 3 now.

I'm still looking for anyone who has an existing install of the server who would be willing to test the upgrading of the server. The next version of the server is ready, except for the upgrading which I'm working on right now

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09) by MeEtc on 01-26-2009 at 02:06 AM

YASS Server finally updated. See first post or yetanothersig.com for more info.

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09) by Mondscheinchen on 03-22-2009 at 01:50 PM

I tried to install yass. Everything worked fine till I needet to enter my bot:

Install YASS Server

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/web282/html/mondscheinchen/yass/includes/msnpauth/sendMsg.php on line 149

Unknown Error
An unknown error has occured when trying to validate the account. Returned error: 111

The password of the bot is correct and his name, too. I really don't know what to do. I tried it with the newest Version  0.10.112 and 0.9.86

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09) by MeEtc on 03-22-2009 at 05:04 PM

hi Mondscheinchen, This is a known problem with the program. To get assistance with the installer, please contact me here:
http://www.yetanothersig.com/?act=contact

RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09) by ekuleri on 04-22-2009 at 12:57 PM

Please bro how to fix 1 problem.

In Server install .

code:
Unknown Error
An unknown error has occured when trying to validate the account. Returned error: 110

[size=2]
RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09) by MeEtc on 04-22-2009 at 01:05 PM

That is an error from the messaging bot, it is not able to connect to the MSN servers properlly, most likely due to a firewall in place by your web host. Contact me via the chat box when I'm online, and we can work something out.

RE: RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09) by ekuleri on 04-22-2009 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
That is an error from the messaging bot, it is not able to connect to the MSN servers properlly, most likely due to a firewall in place by your web host. Contact me via the chat box when I'm online, and we can work something out.

ok bro thnx