Shoutbox

Beta 9 skins - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Beta 9 skins (/showthread.php?tid=82064)

Beta 9 skins by Sue90 on 03-02-2008 at 05:05 PM

Hi,
I have messenger live beta 9 only a few of my skins work with it such as beaver and steve and smile a mile...is there a place to get more or am I just going to have to wait till more are made?
Thanks,
Sue

RE: Beta 9 skins by prashker on 03-02-2008 at 05:19 PM

Not alot of people are making for it because 9.0 is a beta, and come Final they'd have to change tons of stuff, where as 8.5 won't be changed as it's a final :p.

http://nagatech.wan.io/skins.html

Nagamasa's Skins are compatible with 9.

RE: Beta 9 skins by Basilis on 03-02-2008 at 05:19 PM

The fact is that it is not so easy to make skins for BETAs since the resoources change and the skins became non-compatible. So, skinners rarely attempt to create a skin for BETAs.

RE: RE: Beta 9 skins by prashker on 03-02-2008 at 05:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
The fact is that it is not so easy to make skins for BETAs since the resoources change and the skins became non-compatible. So, skinners rarely attempt to create a skin for BETAs.

and abLayout his highly buggy in 9.0 :sad:.

That's what stopped me from making my epic skin :p.
RE: Beta 9 skins by aNILEator on 03-03-2008 at 12:23 PM

and the resources for rle's are different too
and the code layout also

RE: Beta 9 skins by Eddie on 03-03-2008 at 01:11 PM

Windows Live Messenger 9 Beta is also currently in private beta so not everyone has access to it unless they got it via a site that is distributing it against the rules of the beta, so not everyone who is a good skinner or with some general knowledge has the beta to be able to skin. Windows Live Messenger 9 Beta skins are also not being placed into the official database so right not it would be pointless.

RE: Beta 9 skins by Patchou on 03-04-2008 at 05:59 AM

There's not much point in using this beta if you're not an official tester anyway to be honest. I highly suggest everyone sticks to WLM8.1 or WLM8.5.