Shoutbox

Changing buddy icons in Contact list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Changing buddy icons in Contact list (/showthread.php?tid=82127)

Changing buddy icons in Contact list by Megadave on 03-05-2008 at 08:31 AM

I am using the Vista Ultimate skin and love it, but I like the "buddies" in the contact list from a completely different skin. Can I, or am I even allowed to, change the buddy icons to the ones I prefer?

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks for any help.

RE: Changing buddy icons in Contact list by aNILEator on 03-05-2008 at 09:23 AM

Sure you can modify the skin for your own purposes, you'll need the resource file/s from the skin you like the buddies of and replace them into the skin you like (I'm not familiar with Vista Ultimate skin, so dunno if you'll also need to modify the styles/definition files too)

RE: Changing buddy icons in Contact list by Basilis on 03-05-2008 at 02:01 PM

To make it more simple, just replace the icons in the skin's file with the ones you want and rename each icon of yours to the name the skin's icon had. Hope I helped you :)

RE: Changing buddy icons in Contact list by aNILEator on 03-05-2008 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
To make it more simple, just replace the icons in the skin's file with the ones you want and rename each icon of yours to the name the skin's icon had. Hope I helped you :)

That's not simple or making sense really (all the renaming part wtf) thus I doubt it's helpful.

What was the skin you wanted the icons from? I don't mind hacking them in for you, if you can't do it