Shoutbox

Tabbed chats order - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Tabbed chats order (/showthread.php?tid=82136)

Tabbed chats order by Basilis on 03-05-2008 at 03:48 PM

This is not actually a bug but it can cause trouble. When you have the tabbed chat enabled and talk to someone, if someone else opens a conversation with you, the message that you are typing to send to the first contact starts being typed in the second contacts window and if you don't see it, you send the message to the second, although you wanted to sent it to the first. Can this be fixed? Thanks for your time.

RE: Tabbed chats order by CookieRevised on 03-06-2008 at 12:23 AM

Are you sure about that? I don't have that behaviour? The tab doesn't switch here when a new chat arrives...

RE: Tabbed chats order by Patchou on 03-06-2008 at 07:03 AM

that can happen when you're in Appear Offline, it's actually a rather annoying Messenger bug that happens even when not using tabbed chats.

RE: Tabbed chats order by Basilis on 03-06-2008 at 01:29 PM

I am sign in offline so this is the reason. Thanks for letting me know Patchou.

RE: Tabbed chats order by vikke on 03-06-2008 at 06:57 PM

This happens when you receive an offline-message, and it's hardcoded in Windows Live Messenger to automatically bring the window to front (you can call that a bug). Normally Messenger doesn't send offline-messages when talking to people who appear offline. But it when it cannot start a server session between the person who is appearing offline and his contact, and the result is an offline-message. The same thing happens when your contact actually is offline, it cannot create a session so it sends it as a offline message instead.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was exploited to see if a contact was appearing offline in the old days. If the session was created successfully, he was appearing offline.

RE: Tabbed chats order by ahmetgns on 03-07-2008 at 12:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I am sign in offline so this is the reason. Thanks for letting me know Patchou.
I didn't know this bug but if you usually appear offline and you feel bad about this bug, then changing the offline messages setting in Messenger Options (Messages>Offline Instant Messages Settings) would be good for you. With the second option, the new offline messages will not be shown directly but a toast appears and says "You have received an offline-message. Click here to view it."
quote:
Originally posted by vikke
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was exploited to see if a contact was appearing offline in the old days. If the session was created successfully, he was appearing offline.
Were people who sends offline-messages to offline contacts able to detect if session was created successfully or not? In my humble opinion, only the receiver end can know if the session is successful or not *-)

RE: Tabbed chats order by RaceProUK on 03-10-2008 at 03:06 PM

It's possible using a local proxy or a packet sniffer to detect the protocol messages.