Shoutbox

Graphics card issue [Added screenshot] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Graphics card issue [Added screenshot] (/showthread.php?tid=82161)

Graphics card issue [Added screenshot] by Reaper on 03-06-2008 at 06:59 PM

For some reason today, when I load graphic intensive apps (i.e. games), the textures will flash with checkered boxes then my system will crash. I have updated my gfx drivers but problem still occurs. I used dxdiag to test my Direct3D and DirectDraw and no problems found. I thought it was the specific game, but found out it was all games that I tried. It was working fine yesterday. I don't think the gfx card is overheating either. What can I do to fix it?

[Edit] My gfx card is an ATi X800GTO

[Edit2] I managed to take a screenshot of what happens. I've identified the problems within the red squares

[Image: 71207690ix7.th.jpg]

RE: Graphics card issue by Chris4 on 03-06-2008 at 07:55 PM

You could always try older graphics drivers, in case the new ones are messing it up.
If it's only today that it has started happening, you could try and remember what programs you've installed maybe, which may have affected it. Could try a system restore.

RE: Graphics card issue by Reaper on 03-06-2008 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
You could always try older graphics drivers, in case the new ones are messing it up.
If it's only today that it has started happening, you could try and remember what programs you've installed maybe, which may have affected it. Could try a system restore.
I don't think older drivers would work because I was using older drivers when it started happening. Also, I havn't installed any new programs for about 2 weeks.
RE: Graphics card issue [Added screenshot] by Adeptus on 03-07-2008 at 03:24 AM

Open the case and see whether the fan on the card is still working. 

RE: Graphics card issue [Added screenshot] by Reaper on 03-07-2008 at 06:18 PM

I checked my fan and saw an ATi sticker stuck in the fan. Removed it and its working fine now.