Shoutbox

Interesting facts about yourself - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Interesting facts about yourself (/showthread.php?tid=82165)

Interesting facts about yourself by Aeryn on 03-06-2008 at 10:21 PM

I was thinking about life and achievements and all that, and then it occurred to me that every one of us have some little things about us that make us unique, or at least different from the majority of people out there. Please share anything that you consider an interesting fact about yourself (and you're comfortable with sharing, of course!).

Some of mine:

- I have never worn the Christian cross (as a necklace, etc), while it seems to be the most common decoration out there.
- I can eat anything without ever becoming fat.
- I have the letter-number synesthesia, which makes me intensely dislike and avoid number 4.
- I have a phobia of feathers - and I have never publicly admitted it before.

Now let's hear yours!

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Tasha on 03-06-2008 at 10:40 PM

- I have an odd little thing where I have to check about 10-20 times that my mobile phone really IS off, even though I know it is, and it doesn't come back on when I press a button, but I just have to check again and again. This actually really annoys me. >_>

- I have a fluffy toy collection that well exceeds one hundred. Several of my toys are unique and I'm the only owner of them in all the world. Some people think I'm a little weird for it, but I love my fluffy toys so much. :P

- I don't like looking at 'plain' fish, things like goldfish, cod and trout. They really, really creep me out for some reason. Yet I can eat fish, and I think tropical fish are pretty. But something about 'plain' types of fish when they're alive and swimming, or when they're like in a shop and still have their heads and tails, really bugs me and makes me feel ill.

Not sure how interesting any of these are, but hey. :P

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Voldemort on 03-06-2008 at 10:42 PM

I can add something for tasha, she strongly dislikes snakes

Edit:
Damn, i can't think of much about myself. i don't think i have any special faults.

I've never broken anything, if that counts, and I've been in pretty nasty situations.
I've two snakes that are next to my bed, lots of people are scared of them.
I drink ALOT of milk
I'm very patient and takes a lot to get me mad but once I'm mad i won't stop :p
Also, IRL, i talk way too much.

i'm a good liar, but i very rarely lie
i can tell a lot of the times when i am being lied too, i think i can read people relatively well
i've gotten in quite a few fights, i'm a big guy ;p
I sleep a lot. My record was 19 hours.
I am very lazy. I do stuff at last minute and manage to do a good grade
I never study but i manage to do well on tests
teachers usually dislike me because i never stop talking and do good in their class :P

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Oxy on 03-06-2008 at 10:47 PM

-I have a big nose. (and i'm too sexy for it. (H))

-I have a fear of being a big room while in the dark (big room = about the length of a house)

-I twitch alot

-I still use my N64 :D

-I hate being in small groups ( about  < 3)

-I am a sleep hog.

-I once cut my foot open by talking through a ditch alleyway with bits of china and glass buried in it bare footed.

-I am competitive

-I am untidy

-I sweat in ~15'C

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Justin on 03-06-2008 at 10:56 PM

Heres some of mine

- I was known as the hardest person in school
- I have a mental illness which im not saying here
- I was able to get served with alcohol at 13
- I have never taken drugs (illegal ones)
- I wear alot of gold
- I still own all my shiny Pokemon cards (267)

Thats all i can really think of for now.

A few more that i just thought of:

- I can click my, neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, top of my back, lower back, top of my legs, knees, ankles and toes
- Im 99% sure i have sciatica (runs in the family)
- I get soryasis (however you spell it) on my scalp when im depressed
- I failed all of my GCSE's even though I was one of the smartest in my class (I just never tried, I wrote like half a sentence for one of the English papers)
- I have to count down from 10 before I take a piss (wont come out otherwise)
- I can't trust no one
- I was bullied often in school, until i fought back, and beat them silly (I was often suspended for fighting)(It was after this i was known as the hardest person in the school)
- Its almost impossible to make me angry

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by kao on 03-06-2008 at 10:58 PM

I'm awesome.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Spunky on 03-07-2008 at 12:32 AM

My hands constantly shake after biting my nails (and skin) for years.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Baggins on 03-07-2008 at 12:55 AM

-Never had a cavity :D
-I have Tourettes
-I have never been out of canada (went into american waters, but that doesn't count)
-Never owned any video game system not made by Nintendo
-I "hacked" my school's computers (NetSupport) and hacked (truly) the schoolboards website. http://www.alcdsb.on.ca/ourschools/index.php?para...1337z.com/code.txt
They fixed it after about a year :p And their MySQL password which was plaintext in PMA config hasn't changed.

Also,

quote:
Originally posted by Haz

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by MeEtc on 03-07-2008 at 12:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Haz
- I have never worn the Christian cross (as a necklace, etc), while it seems to be the most common decoration out there.
me too.

what else, umm...

-LEGO bricks were my favourite childhood toy (and my brothers put my experience to the test all the time)
-I can put my feet behind my head
-I have a twitch that happens randomly in my right big toe that comes and goes. Right eyebrow does sometimes too, but not as much
-I drink lots of liquids, maybe a bit too much. 2L of juice usually lasts a day or 2 at most.
-I live on my own, for just over a year now.
-I'm very blunt and open about things when I talk

I think thats enough?

I mix up b's and d's sometimes when I'm writing
I have a need for prefection
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by -dt- on 03-07-2008 at 01:00 AM

- I love reading and programming
- I've been coding for most of my teenage years

- I hate the sound of metal rubbing against metal (drives me insane)
- I dislike eating with metal spoons, i find they taste weird (I always eat with plastic ones ;<)
- I bite my nails, and its a habit i cant seem to stop :(

- I have certain writing issues like..
    - quite often i'll think something and then write the wrong word (Dysgraphia)
    - sometimes i'll write a word and know its right, then look at it a second later and think its wrong (even though its correct :<)

* -dt- thinks thats it....
* -dt- will post more if he thinks of anything

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Discrate on 03-07-2008 at 01:03 AM

- I don't like people sitting or walking behind me
- I have a fear of spiders. :P
- I dont like chinese food.
- i don't like to sit still, i can only sit for 5 minutes then i have to move otherwise i get really uncomfortable.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Naruto-SR on 03-07-2008 at 01:15 AM

Right, MeEtc told me to come on here and tell you some stuff about me .. so yehh.

- I have a habit of being too generous, I within the last hour spent over £800.00 on some clothes for someone, because they did not have many good ones and was getting bullied at their school.

- I like to eat alot, around 1 month ago I ate 7 kebabs within 3 days, also like to drink beer too .. I know they are bad (6).

- I like to type formal but people on some forums think it's a bad idea.

- When I was younger, I ran down the road naked and a man filmed me and rang the police :$.

Note: Adam can put his legs behind his head, he shown me on cam.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by prashker on 03-07-2008 at 01:35 AM

-I played Tetris at age 2 (Gameboy)
-I've had "Samuel talks too much" on my report card for 7years in a row (Grade 1 to Grade 7). //NOTE: Finally I don't get it :banana:
-I'm a clutz. Dropping things, spilling things, you name it. I do it :p.
-I'm a plush freak, not as many as Tasha, but I got 3 garbage bags full in my garage (current ones in my room are my Sonic Collection + Pillows, and my Domokun (h))
-I eat gums packs at a time. //NOTE: I just can't help it...jesus, how can you live on one, so little taste :(.
-I collect money (as in vintage coins, got tons in my closet).
-I collect jew money (My friends throw it at me, I've gotten like 10$ over  the years :p)

Will edit if I remember stuff.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Chris4 on 03-07-2008 at 02:08 AM

- I shake a lot when I get nervous.
- I have a fear of heights, even though I know I'm perfectly safe. I also hate looking at people leaning over from somewhere high up.
- I have a habit of biting my nails.
- I have a very bad memory.
- I dislike cold water. Always wash my hands with warm/hot water. Hot showers, etc.
- I have bad concentration skills. Can't concentrate when someone is talking to me.
- I make weird noises with my chest, can't help it.
- I've never broken a bone before.
- I have a scar on my left arm, because when I was younger there was a mark on there, they thought it might be harmful so they removed it, turned out to be nothing.
- I'm quarter American, three quarters British.

More.. :)

- I hate to lie to people. I'm also a bad liar and dislike people who lie.
- I like helping people too much.
- I like learning things but give up too easily. Need someone to help me and give me confidence for me to carry on.
- I make jokes no one understands and then I just embarrass myself.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Willz on 03-07-2008 at 02:10 AM

Ok well heres mine:

- My first PC was a 486dx, I had this computer until 2002 so it was extremely horrible. But then I went to a p4 1.7 and that was like godly at the time :P

- My first year of university was dedicated to being an ass. At one point me and a mate hid in 2 wheely bins that we placed outside the door and we would pop up at random points and start yelling at the top of our voices. Hilarious. (and yes there are photos)

- I am of a hispanic background, I can speak it but I can't write for crap because I never learnt it since I grew up in Australia.

- I quit skinning after my first skin failed miserably. It wasn't until I teamed up with ipab that I actually got some skill.

- People say I have real good luck. "WTF, no freaking way!" is something that I hear often :P

- I finished high school when I was 16 and completed my university degree at 19, apparently I'm "creative smart".

Thats about it for now.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Chrono on 03-07-2008 at 03:10 AM

i've got super powers
i'm super cool
i've got to learn joa's kung fu style

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Interesting facts about Chrono is that his Prefrontal Cortex in his brain was not included in his body during the birth process.

Unfortunatly he now suffers Chronic-Constipation.
meanie :(

ok then some real stuff now :P

- i like black humor, probably too much.
- People who get to know me usually tell me that they didn't like me when they first met me (the reason might be my dodgy black humor).
- i'm 'addicted' to coke and ice cream 8-)
- For some really odd reason, the girls i like/girlfriends usually have a name or last name that starts with the letter "C" O_o It worries me :refuck:.
- i've got a little collection of empty cans of coke and other drinks.
- My face turns red easily, i can't help it it's an odd thing as it can happen even when im alone, it doesn't have to do with being shy or being embarassed, it just happens (although i AM shy in some situations :P).
- People think im 18-20 after i cut my hair :sad:
- I bite my nails and i can't stop doing it for some reason.
- i sit in really weird positions while on the computer (you should see me right now :P). my feet are never on the floor where they should be.
- i've got quite some issues with my sight that most of you already know about.
- I can sleep anywhere, anytime.

Edited:
- i've never broke a bone.
- i enjoy walking around the city.
- I've been in Argentina and Brazil.
- I always say i'm lazy and people tend to believe me, but im actually really responsible (and a perfectionist) when i have work to do.

That's it for now :P

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Joa on 03-07-2008 at 03:22 AM

umm..

- i have this thing where i disappear for weeks, sometimes even months at a time.. and it's not just off the net, i mean in rl friends and family are like "where the f--- is she" (they're used to it now though). but, i have this overpowering need sometimes to just hide away, doesn't have anything to do with anyone. i just need solitude,  i don't pick up the phone, don't answer the door, get out of the house when i see somebody coming etc. (and it's not agoraphobia or anything, i just need to be alone, usually if u'r quiet and ignore me i can be around you at that time 8-) )

- i'm very lazy, it's not that i don't care, it's just that icba to do it. not with everything, but things that are requested of me. some of my friends/teachers developed this thing where they stop asking me, and it actually works cuz then i actually do it.

- i love all creepy bug things, basically all animals which are/look scary or disgusting.

- change my mind often, so like.. my ideas, beliefs.. they are not stable at all people.

- i trust no one. not even myself.

- i'm into witchy stuff.

- can't take compliments.

will write more later. TONS more. i'm like all "weird and stuff".

Edit:
I LOVE to pull pranks on people and play really really really mean jokes. it's just so liberating.. and well, it brings me joy to see the expression of shock and total confusion on another's face. sheer horror works too.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Voldemort on 03-07-2008 at 03:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
will write more later. TONS more. i'm like all "weird and stuff".
you're a weirdo, joa, and that's a compliment.
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by RebelSean on 03-07-2008 at 04:22 AM

- I have a phobia of migets
- When I'm nervous, I cross my toes and tap my feet
- I don't eat any type of vegetable
- I eat fast food everyday, and still maintain a petite figure

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Lou on 03-07-2008 at 04:53 AM

No matter how much I eat (like a few other people here ;o) I don't gain weight. My boss thinks I'm weird because of that :P

I can take most stressful situations calmly, but directly after I'll go into some sort of shock where I shake a bit, and I can't concentrate on anything for very long.

I love to learn how to do new things, but I have a tendency to give up easy unless I have a good reason to keep going.

RE: RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Soardra on 03-07-2008 at 05:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
-I have never been out of canada (went into american waters, but that doesn't count)

Same thing only opposite :D

-has been labeled grammar nazi because of spelling accuracy and corrections.
-Is the first person ever to think of using the username "Soaring Dragon" or any of it's forms (Look Soardra up on google, all of them are me)
-has a habit of bouncing leg up and down randomly (got the habit from dad)
-hates eating reheated food (except for mashed potatoes)
-is never truly bored (I always am doing or thinking of SOMETHING)
-hates drinking out of a plastic cup (especially milk DO NOT WANT!)
-very sensitive to light contrast (Hate driving at night...the light hurts my eyes)
-can use a high pitched voice without hurting self
-has never broken a bone in my body
-has a scar over right eye from running into a clothes rack when I was a kid.
-only time I've ever had stitches was in my mouth after getting wisdom teeth removed
-is good at writing but has gotten D's and Fs in english because I don't like writing what I'm told to write *-)
-gets distracted very easily (I've had 17 things open at once on this laptop before...got REALLY laggy D: )
-has never kissed a guy EVER (boyfriend lives in Sweden)
-is afraid of squishing bugs (except mosquitoes)
-will intentionally squish myself into an enclosed space instead of an open one (Not a fear of open spaces...just prefer comfiness)
-has never finished a Zelda game
-sleeps on a water bed with four fleece blankets and a quilt (yay for Michigan weather -_-)
-collects vintage coins in a hat box
-can draw, but has never taken an art class in life (Deviantart)
-I R NINJA! (I know some Aikido and I can walk silently. I'm so still sometimes that people don't notice me...I can also make a ninja mask out of a black t-shirt :P)
-txt talk confuses me as does run-on sentences
-has a habit of disappearing from forums unless I am reminded of the forum daily via MSN
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Phillip on 03-07-2008 at 06:36 AM

I touch my face all the fucking time. Like at least once every minute or if I'm doing something like typing then I'll do it when I finish. Sucks when my hands are dirty from working =[

I'll tell anyone to fuck off. Once got bottled because of it =p

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Val on 03-07-2008 at 06:45 AM

I like to sit in the dark.
I like to do absolutely nothing.
I find life meaningless.
I make jokes no one understands and then I just embarrass myself.
I don't like large groups of people.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by NanaFreak on 03-07-2008 at 07:01 AM

i sometimes think about things in code... like all coloured and tabbed and shit... like when someone says something like function in maths... its like really annoying ]=

dont really know any others but yea

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Vimto on 03-07-2008 at 07:57 AM

I once got my leg kinda stuck in lift doors on my mums wedding day and had to go to hospital in my bridesmaid dress

I'm a perfectionist, everything has to be in order, straight and square and stuff. (except in my room 8-))

I can eat loads and loads and put on hardly any weight :P without excersise

I have an unhealthy addiction... but i dont think its unhealthy but thats really not to be spoken about... 8-)

I disect most of my food... e.g. when I eat a sausage roll i open it up, eat the sausage in segments and then roll the pastry up and eat it... :D

im really not that interesting

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by vaccination on 03-07-2008 at 07:58 AM

Lazy as fuck.

Can't eat in the mornings, else I'm likely sick - though these tablets sometimes stop me from being sick, but I still feel horrible after eating.

Don't eat enough

Like to prove people wrong

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Dempsey on 03-07-2008 at 08:51 AM

• I've never been abroad!  - although goin in benidorm in about 2 weeks.
  • I had Leaukemia - still dunno how to spell it!
  • i used to eat power paint at school
  • it takes a lot to make me angry/wound up, when my mates see me like it, they know its bad!
  • I had a bouncy castle and face paints at my 21st party!
  • although I've only had a drink 4 nights this year, some mates used to think I was an alcoholic.
  • Dempsey is my actual surname, its surprising how many people have asked me if its a nickname and where I got it from.
  • I've never touched any drugs or even had a drag of a cigarette

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Eddie on 03-07-2008 at 09:25 AM

Never broken or sprained a bone or anything.
Very rarely watch TV.
Enjoy a train ride instead of driving.
Cannot eat after waking up for a few hours.
Do not eat enough.
Never used a computer until i was 11.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by SikStyles on 03-07-2008 at 10:31 AM

- I've had the same necklace around my neck for 10 years straight. Don't even take it off for the night and it has never been broken.
- I am addicted to coffe
- When it comes to drawing, everything just needs to come out perfect. If not, I toss the drawing and don't draw for a few weeks.
- I like knives. I want to learn to throw them into stuff.
- My wallet has to go into my right pocket.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Eljay on 03-07-2008 at 10:39 AM

- I talk too much, all of my friends and tutors agree with me on this one!
- I am the laziest person ever and never finish projects
- If I have a deadline to do something by, that's pretty much when I start it
- I have never been outside of the UK
- I have a pedantic nature, especially when it comes to linguistics ("grammar nazi")
- I have never drunk alcohol or smoked anything, and I fail to see any reason to do so...
- I see patterns (mostly faces) in random things (my good friend Wikipedia just told me it's called Pareidolia)
- Like dt, I hate eating with metal spoons (and also drinking from cans)
- I don't like fizzy drinks (they make my eyes water)
- I search for just about everything in Wikipedia, and then lose hours from clicking on so called "related articles" :P
- I have a full collection of Star Wars Tazos/pogs \o/
- I will often spend hours finding a way to simplify/automate a task which would take a few minutes
- I have never broken any bones (although this would be more interesting if I had)

I can't think of much stuff that I would consider "interesting", this took ages to write :P

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Aeryn on 03-07-2008 at 12:28 PM

Excellent posts everyone, keep adding stuff. (y) :D

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by bio_hazard13 on 03-07-2008 at 12:32 PM

- Like other's have never broken a bone or sprained any joint either
- Eat anything without getting fat (actually once had a cup of pure fat from bbq drainoff for a dare)
- Never had any sort of illegal drugs or smoked
- I'm really lazy about things until I start them. Once I get started I'm almost a perfectionist
- I have this really weird thing when I go to say the word red, but I say the word yellow instead.  It happens totally randomly without any sort of indication its coming, but as soon as I say it, I know I've done it.  I have no idea what causes it or if its even called something but I've had it for as long as I can remember
- I have an almost phobia about answering a phone or calling people.  I'll let the answering machine pick it up whenever I'm at home, and I'd rather wait to see something than pick up the phone and call them, especially people I don't really know.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Baggins on 03-07-2008 at 12:55 PM

Just realized:

quote:
I've never broken anything

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by djdannyp on 03-07-2008 at 03:43 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Djdannyp#Medical_History

try that on for 'interesting'

unlike a lot of people so far, I have broken bones.....lots, lol

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Jimbo on 03-07-2008 at 05:12 PM

I hate potatoes, chips, crisps and chocolate :D:D

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Rik on 03-07-2008 at 05:45 PM

-Never ate at McDonnald's
-Talk to my friends the same way i talk to my teachers and old people, has got me some troubles, has given some laughs to teachers and random bus oldies
-Can be very controlling in group works
-Can't trust no one
-LOST geek
-very religious
-can't sit normally, have to balance the chair

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
- I see patterns (mostly faces) in random things (my good friend Wikipedia just told me it's called Pareidolia)
quote:
Originally posted by Val
I make jokes no one understands and then I just embarrass myself.
:o me too
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by blackjack on 03-07-2008 at 10:02 PM

I hate when the Phone RINGS!! i cant stand it (The house phone) My cellphone is ok :P

I never broke a bone.

I collect movie tickets 8-), some think its stupid. but i dont :P

I like reading, but i dont do it because im lazy :P

I hate people who makes LOT of noise when walking

If im watching tv and theres an object in the middle/near the tv, i have to move it or else i cant watch at all :P it disturbs me..

I had 2 Music cds in my entire life (One of Eminem and Sean Paul) and i lost them :P :lol:

Im not religious

Im very paranoic :P

I like black humour like Chrono :P

When i see a violent movie, sometimes i feel like i want to kill someone :P But not like im going to do it :dodgy:

:blah!:

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Tasha on 03-07-2008 at 10:28 PM

- Never broken a bone.

- I hate answering the phone. I'm alright with talking to people, just not on the phone.

- I can't stand people who walk slow. It annoys the hell out of me, I just wanna get where I'm going as quickly as possible, not just waste time by walking slowly everywhere.

- Never had any alcohol (apart from when I was younger, watered-down wine, doesn't really count :P), never smoked, never done drugs, and never want to.

- I've never been outside the UK.

- My imagination gets the better of me. I'm really easily distracted by my thoughts when doing anything and find it hard to concentrate.

- The first boyfriend I ever had has the same surname as my current boyfriend. :P

- I'm not into my looks like a lot of girls I know are. I make an effort, sure, but I don't care about fashion, (I wear what's comfortable and looks good on me, don't care about labels or anything), I don't wear makeup (well apart from like lip balms/lip gloss8-)), I don't fuss for like 5 hours when I have a small spot. I'm a sort of take me as I am or bug off kind of person... Yet I'm very insecure about myself.

... I'm not really much more interesting than anyone else. :P

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Th3rmal on 03-07-2008 at 10:38 PM

- When i eat, i do get fat lol
- Have a very strong willpower, especially when i have an incentive (eg lost 14 kilos in 9 weeks)
- Very organised when it comes to my computer
- Very lazy, often forget to do things that i'm told
- Bad liar
- Have a phobia of getting my head stuck into small spaces (eg have to test a helmet before putting it on)
- Apparantly my first word was chicken (but in another language)
- When i sweat, i sweat badly
- Generous and helpful, will help people even if they dont help back
- I am shit scared of horror movies, unless i see them during the day time with people around me
- I am a very naggy person when i want something
- dont bother with "label" or expensive clothing, think its a waste of money
- have an obsession with watches
- easily made angry (trying to fix that lol)
- i love malaysia's (kuala lumpur) china town LOL
- Love learning new things (especially with the computer), but if i fail, i usually dont try again for a long time, unless i really want to
- i am obsessive compulsive with things that come in contact with me (eg if one foot gets wet, so must the other)
- i like to do things evenly (eg having 6 potato chips instead of five)
- I love to correct people, and if they start showing attitude before i correct them, then i show attitude when i do correct them
- When i think i want something, i will spend most of my time planning out how i am going to get it, but often change my mind before i get it
- I have photographic memory
- dont like adults talking about me, even if they are saying good things

will write more when i think of them

RE: RE: Interesting facts about yourself by blackjack on 03-07-2008 at 10:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha

- I hate answering the phone. I'm alright with talking to people, just not on the phone.

- I can't stand people who walk slow. It annoys the hell out of me, I just wanna get where I'm going as quickly as possible, not just waste time by walking slowly everywhere.

Yeah i know what you mean, i hate being in a Mall.. i walk fast, and then some people in front of me walking slow.. :sad:

And the part not answering the phone, its also true with me.. and it comes with.. I hate the phone ringing :p

Its ok by cellphone, because when it rings its just the music i like :cheesy:

More stuff:

I dont know my neighbors
I met one of my neighbors at a party and one at school, So it doesnt count.. :p
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Nathan on 03-08-2008 at 12:09 AM

- I have a photographic memory
- I can remember things from people, but not from teachers (e.g I can remember something said outside a classroom, but not in)
- I have an obsession with guns
- Can't lie to save my life
- If I'm angry I try not to show it
- I hate people talking about me behind my back
- I love knowing secrets!
- I am too generous
- I cant use my a laptops touchpad unless my finger is bone dry
- I bite my nails untill they bleed
- I love taking the piss out of myself
- I am addicted to WOW
- I have drunk alcohol before
- I love trying to improve myself
- I love to learn new things to do with computing
- Unless I excercise I will put on weight, if i ate for 2 days without excercise (normal meals) I'd put on 1/2 stone probs more.
- Have a phobia of darkness, can't stay in a room thats dark, without thinking bad things
- I swear without knowing it (maybe this is turrets?)
- I am lazy, unless I start a project, then I will work all day long on it, and have a motivation
- I can't ring people on the phone, I can text them, and talk face to face. But I can't ring
Yep im boring :(

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by xJ + on 03-08-2008 at 01:11 AM

- I hate flying cockroaches when it's in my room, if it happens to be there, I'll scream like a girl (I don't know why either). But I'm not scared if it's outside of my house.
- Alcohol is my sleeping pills if I can't get to sleep.
- I have no sense of direction though I don't get lost.
- I love sleeping; slept more than 18 hours once, and my mom thought I was dead or something -.-
- I can drink carbonated drinks within a minute.
- I've STM.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Th3rmal on 03-08-2008 at 01:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
flying cockroaches
what are they?
quote:
- I've STM
what is that?
quote:
- I love sleeping; slept more than 18 hours once, and my mom thought I was dead or something -.-
lol
RE: RE: Interesting facts about yourself by xJ + on 03-08-2008 at 01:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rm rulz
quote:
flying cockroaches
what are they?
hmm, an insect that flies.
Here's a picture of it
[Image: cockroach-1.jpg]
quote:
Originally posted by rm rulz
quote:
- I've STM
what is that?
STM stands for Short-term Memory.
RE: RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Wally on 03-08-2008 at 01:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Lazy as fuck.

Can't eat in the mornings, else I'm likely sick - though these tablets sometimes stop me from being sick, but I still feel horrible after eating.

Don't eat enough

Like to prove people wrong

Everything you just said is exactly the way i am especially eating in the morning.

a few more things would be:

- Im a freak at Street Fighter you name it iv played it also im undefeated at any of the games.

- i used to be a hardcore Gamer i used to finish games within the hour i purchased the game or within 2 days also any game that was on a console i would beat anyone at.

- never lost an arm wrestle in my life my greatest victory is when i took on my gym teacher and came a draw with him even though i didnt win i felt victorious from the achievement.

- I tend to read people alot 85% chance is iv figured them out

- I eat ALOT but when im doing something interesting i forget to eat sometimes for a whole day.

- if i am challenged at anything I wont stop until i have won that challenge most i have won but some i have lost :p

- i also tend to get paranoid about my appearance so i work out alot.
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by SikStyles on 03-08-2008 at 09:32 AM

- I piss standing up
- I don't leave the toiletseat up

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by markee on 03-08-2008 at 10:44 AM

• I know a fair few things, or at least I know where to find the answers.  What things I don't know I usually make up and sound convincing (educated guesses).
  • Although my room always ends up messy, I know where everything is.  I can never find anything that I want after I clean it up.
  • I always believe people are good and nice until they upset me, no matter what other people say about them.
  • I have a natural ability to look at things and find patterns, it is how I learn a lot of my maths.
  • I can rationalise almost anything (perfect for becoming an accountant)
  • I hate people in shopping centres or crowded places that dont seem to have any predictability about where they are going.
  • I don't each fruit, but I love vegetables.
  • I have to eat breakfast or else I usually end up feeling sick
  • The girls I like usually have L as the first letter of one of their 2 given names or it is Al or El that gives an "L" sound.
  • I love the cold, and also rain when I can stay at home
  • I moved lots as a child and now feel sad whenever we clean the house or move furniture lots.
  • I have never left my state, let alone Australia
  • I prefer any beer that comes in a green bottle
  • I hate revision when I already know something

I'll see if I can think of anything else later...
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by High Speed Chaser on 03-08-2008 at 11:06 AM

• I like cold weather but not rain
  • I'm learning to fly small planes
  • I want to be a cop or paramedic
  • I like sports like AFL, Cricket and Soccer
  • I get stressed easily
  • I'm a couch potato but I go to the gym three times a week
  • I help write the FAQs for Web2Live
  • I get lots of headaches and migraines
  • I use WLM and plus! all the time
  • I play Flight Simulator alot

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Deco on 03-08-2008 at 02:32 PM

You guys are weird.

RE: RE: Interesting facts about yourself by High Speed Chaser on 03-08-2008 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Deco
You guys are weird.

In what way? If you are going to call people weird you have to give some examples why people are weird.
RE: RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Soardra on 03-08-2008 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bio_hazard13

- I have an almost phobia about answering a phone or calling people.  I'll let the answering machine pick it up whenever I'm at home, and I'd rather wait to see something than pick up the phone and call them, especially people I don't really know.

Same thing. Drives my parents nuts, but they're mostly the cause of it. XD They always told my bro and I never to answer the phone unless we know it's them so i always let it go to the answering machine (unless it's my cell phone) I NEVER call anyone unless they're relatives.

Some more things about me:
-I have gone 22 hours without eating (Mostly because I was distracted by the Internet)
-I end up getting at least 3 hours of sleep a day because if I don't go to sleep I end up keeling over anyway.
-I once was anemic and had to have two packets of blood pumped back into me because of heavy bleeding over the span of a week or so.
-eyes change color with mood (green/gray/blue)
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Basilis on 03-08-2008 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Soardra

Any medical explanation for that? :)

About me:
- I like watching football
- I never use my mobile phone cause I always forget to turn it on
- I eat snacks during school lessons
- I haven't decided what I want to become in the future

That is all for now. If I think of anything else, I will edit this post
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Curtis on 03-08-2008 at 10:01 PM

- I have at least one ear infection a year
- I throw up only once a year (always around Christmas)
- I'm always tired
- I have a tendency to stay up really really late
- I don't care about school, but I never fail

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Voldemort on 03-08-2008 at 11:44 PM

quote:
I srlsy doubt that is possible.
RE: RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Chris4 on 03-08-2008 at 11:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
I srlsy doubt that is possible.
It's not possible.
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Jhrono on 03-09-2008 at 12:34 AM

- I love speaking in public and I'm really confident about it. My dream is to become a politician.
- I became interested in English when I was 6 years old, because of Cartoon Network.
- I would like to take a post-graduate course in Economics at Harvard.
- I associate pain feelings to colors (randomly).
- I was a bad student at maths until high school. Then, I got a tutor and now I score 17-19 (0-20).
- I had two surgeries made to my eyes when I was 2 years old.
- I hate dissapointing others.
- I love women and to make them happy.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Soardra on 03-09-2008 at 01:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
quote:

Any medical explanation for that? :)

Nope, it's genetics that I share with my brother at least. You can tell what mood we're in by the color of our eyes. When we're calm they're usually gray/blue...happy is blue...and upset/angry is green. When someone stole my cellphone and I happened to look in the mirror (cuz I had been crying a bit...I get emotional sometimes...they were a vivid sea green.

EDIT: Also, the yahoo link shows some factual evidence but it proves that they can indeed change color depending on mood (because the pupils dilate when you're emotional and probably the salt in tears changes the color as well) The second one is quizilla which shouldn't be trusted worth a rats ass anyway.
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Spunky on 03-09-2008 at 01:23 AM

Lighting?

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Svip on 03-09-2008 at 01:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Haz
- I am the only Estonian in the world to be a moderator on the forums of the Star Wars official site. (Star Wars is important to me.)
Crazy, I share the first three of yours.

Well except I am the only Dane in the world to be a moderator of the largest GTA related community.

Other interesting facts about me:
- I have a giantess fetish (as apparent from my webcomic).
- I talk to myself (and occasionally hear voices).
- I've watched every Futurama episode at least 6 times.
- I am currently writing two books (hopefully they'll get published some day).
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Adeptus on 03-09-2008 at 09:08 AM

quote:
You can tell what mood we're in by the color of our eyes. When we're calm they're usually gray/blue...happy is blue...and upset/angry is green.
Eye color is the product of the number and distribution of melanosomes in the cells comprising the iris stroma and the relatively constant distribution within the iris pigment epithelium.  In humans, these can change somewhat throughout different stages of development (infant to adolescent), but do not respond to hormonal or neural factors.  However, in many fish and reptiles, melanosome distribution does change in response to such factors. 

So, if this is indeed happening to you and your brother, it could be a rare case of atavism -- a dormant gene dating back to your amphibian ancestors reactivated due to a random genetic permutation.

However, it is unlikely you are that special and there is no documented study of such a phenomenon that I can find -- so I'd be inclined to believe it is just changes in lighting.  :)
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Svip on 03-09-2008 at 02:21 PM

Eye colours can change, but it is only common in infants, where after the colour will become permanent.  Unless much sunlight exposer is done upon the eyes during adult life, the colours don't change.

And they certainly do not change on mood.  Mood changing eye colour makes no sense, not even biologically, the brain does not inform its eyes what mood it is in, in fact, I don't think the brain informs any part of your body what mood it is in.

Instead, it tells "you", and you just manipulate with your facial expressions.  But you cannot change your eye colour.  It's a myth, you are just seeing in the mirror what you want to see.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Vazza on 03-09-2008 at 07:13 PM

• I never wear make-up unless I really have to
  • I've had the same guitar for the last 11 years and it still has it's original strings
  • I'm addicted to Yahoo Japan Auctions and eBay
  • Although I have a driving licience, I hate driving
  • I'm not fond of dresses/skirts. The only ones I do like is my bridesmaid dress and any denim skirt that's ankle length.
  • I'm single and plan to stay that way (being in a relationship is just too much hassle)
  • I'm a transformers fan
  • I have little patience for people who don't pull their weight
  • Maths isn't my strongest subject
  • I've mastered the art of waffling
  • I've sold 3 framed versions of this picture for £60 each
  • I'm a keen photographer and may head down this route after completing my nursing course
  • I collect everything to do with all my favourite artists
  • I treat celebrities as I would any normal person (We put them where they are, we can rip it away again)
  • My Voice has been exposed on youtube and myspace.

Can't think of anything else.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Tochjo on 03-09-2008 at 07:38 PM

• I suffer from deuteranomalia
  • I ate my first pizza when I was almost 19 years old
  • I have never flown in an airplane

That's enough for you to know :P
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by prashker on 03-09-2008 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
I ate my first pizza when I was almost 19 years old

WHAT.

THE.

HELL.

I swear Tochjo i'm disowning you as my friend right now. I'm telling that is the most horrible thing I've ever heard :|.

PIZZA?!

IS LIKE THE GREATEST FOOD ALIVE.

WOW!

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Thor on 03-09-2008 at 08:52 PM

This is a tricky one, but I'll try to sum something up. :o

- I've almost drowned 7 times, yet I love to swim.
- I (like others here) talk way too much IRL.
- I can eat loads of food, but my weight has barely changed during the last years. I like that.
- I can walk for days without eating unless someone reminds me of eating. (Usually that happens on vacations)
- I like being alone, however, I don't mind being with others.
- I am crap at "making topics". For some reason, I tend to live in my own world, and it seems like I prefer it there.
- I have some a strange attraction to hair.
- I love laying down, pretty much anywhere, and just breathe. Nothing over, nothing under.
- I've got 5 siblings.
- Sleep is something I like, but not something that I feel I need (even though I probably do). I can walk for days without sleeping, as long as I keep in activity.
- I have a really annoying tendense to change my thoughts about what I'm going to do. I can sit in the one moment and be completely sure to do some work, and I'll end up somewhere else.
- I've dreamed 4 times that I was sitting on my laptop and coding. Also, I have an average dreamrate of 2 per month.
- I love cake, but I can easily puke because of one.
- I rarely get upset / angre because of things. I like to think of myself as a "calm" person in that way. It's easy to see what mood I am in.
- I've broken loads of things, but not anything regarding my body.
- I like working under pressure.
- Wherever I go, whatever I do, I always feel "watched" and I sort of always look around me, just to keep tracking of everyone around.
- I have a strange tendency of mixing Norwegian and English words. Sometimes I can start talking in English, without noticing.

I do not claim that these facts are interesting, but they're facts. :P And I'll add some more when it come to my attention.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by FrozenDaggers on 03-10-2008 at 02:26 AM

- I'm barred from my favourite club.
- I've never broken a bone.
- I'm skint.
- I'm rubbish at making relationships work.
- I like ALL types of music.
- I'm a complete myspace whore, lol.
- I laugh out loud at things that are in my head, which makes people think "wtf". I don't do it on purpose.
- Sometimes I just don't like certain people for no good reason, there's just a "feeling". lol.
- I'm extremely insecure.
- I love the North East accent [Newcastle, Middlesbrough, etc]
- I'm too fat to be 'scene' haha.
- & right now, I can't sleep.

The End.

btw, there's more to me than just that silly list.
I'm just trying to waste time.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Voldemort on 03-10-2008 at 02:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
I'm too fat to be 'scene' haha.
wooot?

lies, iirc about the pic of you i saw ages ago
RE: RE: Interesting facts about yourself by FrozenDaggers on 03-10-2008 at 02:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
I'm too fat to be 'scene' haha.
wooot?

lies, iirc about the pic of you i saw ages ago

what pic?
& I am _not_ scene.
never have been. lol.
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Soardra on 03-10-2008 at 12:19 PM

o-o *has been reminded of more things*

• HATES girly things especially make-up and dresses
  • Is usually very calm and silent.
  • Didn't go on a forum until I was 15
  • Started using MSNM at 16
  • Has never been on an airplane
  • Still doesn't have driver's license, but has permit (just need the road test)
  • Addicted to popcorn (I've been trying to avoid it lately though D: Personal reasons)
  • Should be wearing glasses but hasn't for about two years now
  • Oldest of my immediate cousins on my dad's side (We don't talk about mom's side...don't know why so don't ask)

Oh and about the eyes, I'll ask my psychology professor about if mood can change eye color...I'm sure the presence of salt would do something to it though o-o since the light could be refracted differently through the salt crystals in tears.
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by vaccination on 03-10-2008 at 04:12 PM

quote:

Oh and about the eyes, I'll ask my psychology professor about if mood can change eye color...I'm sure the presence of salt would do something to it though o-o since the light could be refracted differently through the salt crystals in tears.
Your eyes would still be the same colour.
RE: RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Soardra on 03-10-2008 at 04:30 PM

quote:
quote:

Information to back it up would be appreciated. Hersay only goes so far o-o Also

-has a fond attachment to the XD, o.o, o-o, and :D smileys
-has never "bitten" nails in life (I tear, file, or clip, not bite...and only if they're irritating me i.e. have sharp edges or catch on clothes and stuff)
-hates nail polish
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Joa on 03-10-2008 at 05:07 PM

quote:

any emotion that dilates your pupils, can make the iris appear to change color.
also.. there's some debate, but some believe eye color change can be "manipulated"/"caused" by hormonal or neurological changes..

but anyway, from what i have studied and learned... darkening/lightening of eyes is directly linked to blood pressure. the "color of the actual iris DOES NOT CHANGE", it is the blood vessels in the eye that make it appear different in color.

read more about blue/green eye colors to find out why the change from blue to green etc.

brown eyes usually appear lighter or darker and don't change to blue or green or gray.

i dunno if i made sense with this but it's what i know so blah.
RE: Interesting facts about yourself by vaccination on 03-10-2008 at 05:28 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Information to back it up would be appreciated. Hersay only goes so far o-o

Because the pigment in your eye which gives it it's colour would always be the same, no matter how much salt was around.(or any other factor - there is no way to change the pigment other than gene therapy(replacing the DNA strands that code for eye colour) and even that wouldn't give you the option to change at will, it would only be possible to choose a specific colour at the embryotic stage that would then stay with you for life)

Secondly, salt crystals aren't prisms and so would not split up white light into it's full colour spectrum and so would have no effect the the reflected light from the eye. The only thing that could happen due to refraction would be the light coming in or out at a different angle(obviously, as that is the definition of refraction) but that would only change the perspective you see the eye from, ie distance, and size, not colour.

An example of refraction changing the way you perceive something is if you put a coin in the bottom of a tub of water, depending on what angle you look at it, the coin can appear a different size and/or closer or further away then it really is. This is due to the refraction that happens as light a) enters the water and b) leaves.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by GiantSpider on 03-10-2008 at 05:56 PM

quote:
- I love the North East accent [Newcastle, Middlesbrough, etc]
Whey (Boro isn't in the North East, its a small town in Yorkshire (Followed very quickly by THE SOUTH))

Right me then:[list]
[*]Colour Blind
[*]Only have 1 Lung
[*]Walked Away From a Major Car Crash
[*]Audiophile
[*]traxor (115) - Last updated on 28-03-06 at 06:52 AM

Positive: known him for ages, he's a dude :O... /me thinks giantspider was a typo... GingerSpider btw.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by Trishi on 01-08-2013 at 02:16 PM

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. 

I type out (in my head) conversations I've just had or count the number of letters in the sentence. 

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by njefferson on 06-13-2013 at 08:28 AM

I have been pretty lucky in my life.

Topped the school, went to the best university, got a chance to study abroad, had a date with a rock star, have earned a plenty of money. In short, I am rich and have had plenty of fun.

RE: Interesting facts about yourself by MariaB on 09-30-2013 at 12:44 PM

" I can eat anything without ever becoming fat." - I hate you so much))))
-I hate when people chew their food loudly. It drives me crazy, seriously.
-I've been listening to this song for 2 months every day:
http://wowmp3.net/music/macklemore-and-lewis-thrift-shop-mp3.html
-I hate wearing tights. It makes me feel itchy and nervous. Never wear them.
-I have never eaten beans. I hate the smell and never dared to try them.