Shoutbox

Send Message To All in Contact List - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Send Message To All in Contact List (/showthread.php?tid=82179)

Send Message To All in Contact List by miaumiau on 03-07-2008 at 05:25 PM

Is this Possible? :S

RE: Send Message To All in Contact List by Spunky on 03-07-2008 at 06:34 PM

Yes, but it is VERY slow as it opens each contacts window individually

RE: Send Message To All in Contact List by Quantum on 03-07-2008 at 06:53 PM

Also if there all open you can type /all MESSAGE HERE and that will send the same message to every convo you have open :)

RE: Send Message To All in Contact List by Spunky on 03-07-2008 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
Also if there all open you can type /all MESSAGE HERE and that will send the same message to every convo you have open :)

Unless you only have a few contacts they're unlikely to all be open... I'll update this in a minute with a working script (hopefully)

It's rediculously slow on my machine with only 20 contacts (online contacts, I wasn't going to make it do all the offline ones too)
RE: Send Message To All in Contact List by bicimundo on 03-30-2008 at 10:34 AM

hello.

I have been trying to seld /all to 30 or 40 contacts at the same time and after 8 or 10 contacts I've got a message saying that I'd exceed the number maximum of messages per minute. I thought it was a messenger limitation then I wrote and received back a email from microsoft stating that messenger does not have any limits on the number of messages per minute.

Does anybody has a solution for that problem or any advice? I'd appreciate it.

thanks

Carlos

RE: Send Message To All in Contact List by Quantum on 03-30-2008 at 10:39 AM

It's Plus that has the limitation. I thinks its to blocking flooding messages to other people.. like spammers ect. IIRC.

RE: Send Message To All in Contact List by CookieRevised on 03-30-2008 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bicimundo
I thought it was a messenger limitation then I wrote and received back a email from microsoft stating that messenger does not have any limits on the number of messages per minute.
Did you explained it properly? Because there is definitely such a limitation in Messenger.

You can even find the message in the resource string table with index 20135.

quote:
Originally posted by bicimundo
Does anybody has a solution for that problem or any advice? I'd appreciate it.
There is no solution. This limitation is to prevent flooding. Advice: use /all with great care! It is not meant to flood people.

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
It's Plus that has the limitation.
no... This particular limitation is from Messenger itself.
PS: please check your stuff before posting, more than often your posts have wrong stuff in it.