Shoutbox

Inserting stuff to the history - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Inserting stuff to the history (/showthread.php?tid=82195)

Inserting stuff to the history by pinhead on 03-08-2008 at 03:33 PM

Hi everyone.

Is it possible to insert data to the history of a chat window? I'm trying to write a script, which displays all status changes of my chat partners (only those with an open chat window of course). Any suggestions?

Example (Lines marked with an asterix are the interesting ones I want to create with my script):

pinhead says (15:29):
hi
chat_partner1 says (15:30):
hi.. sorry, afk
* chat_partner1 changed status to "away" (15:30)
* chat_partner1 changed status to "online" (15:30)
chat_partner1 says (15:30):
back

RE: Inserting stuff to the history by CookieRevised on 03-09-2008 at 02:30 AM

You don't need a script for that. Plus! can already log things like status changes:

Plus! > Preferences > Conversations > Chat Logging > Save Options > Record contact's activities (ex: status changes)

RE: Inserting stuff to the history by ShawnZ on 03-09-2008 at 03:05 AM

although, this still might be a cool idea for other things. a WriteToLog function for contacts could be useful.

RE: Inserting stuff to the history by CookieRevised on 03-09-2008 at 03:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
although, this still might be a cool idea for other things. a WriteToLog function for contacts could be useful.
indeed and agreed. And something which has been requested before (since a long time I believe)
RE: RE: Inserting stuff to the history by pinhead on 03-09-2008 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You don't need a script for that. Plus! can already log things like status changes:

Plus! > Preferences > Conversations > Chat Logging > Save Options > Record contact's activities (ex: status changes)

Actually, that's not what I'm looking for. I want to see the status changes directly in my chat windows.

Ok, it seems not to be possible the way I wanted it to, but does anyone have another cool idea how to solve this problem?
RE: Inserting stuff to the history by CookieRevised on 03-10-2008 at 12:30 AM

Adding text to the chat window (without the contact seeing it) is not possible with Plus! yet. But regulary requested too....

Maybe as an alternative you can use the function ChatWnd::DisplayInfoMessage (see scripting docs) to display some one-line-text in the information area (the status bar where "user is typing" is shown too)....

RE: Inserting stuff to the history by Spunky on 03-10-2008 at 01:00 AM

quote:
ChatWnd::DisplayInfoMessage (see scripting docs)

[offtopic]
Can we get alerts when the docs get updated? I'm always missing loads of new functions
[/offtopic]

Would still be good to be able to insert text into the chat logs
RE: Inserting stuff to the history by CookieRevised on 03-10-2008 at 01:34 AM

[offtopic]

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
ChatWnd::DisplayInfoMessage (see scripting docs)
Can we get alerts when the docs get updated? I'm always missing loads of new functions
New functions can only be added with new verisons of Plus!... So, whenever there is a new Plus! version, (re)download the scripting docs to have the latest ones... And normally, new functions and stuff should be listed in Plus!'s changelogs.

To know if something has been added (and you don't want to read 5 pages of bug fixes in the changelogs :p), you could check the date at the bottom of the introduction page in the scripting docs.

[/offtopic]
RE: Inserting stuff to the history by Voldemort on 03-10-2008 at 02:58 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
indeed and agreed. And something which has been requested before (since a long time I believe)
i think it was me
RE: Inserting stuff to the history by Dempsey on 03-10-2008 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
[offtopic]
[/offtopic]
Or you can check the docs on mpscripts as I keep that updated.   
The first page has the date of the last update.