Shoutbox

Need help to solve a mystery - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Need help to solve a mystery (/showthread.php?tid=82253)

Need help to solve a mystery by ime3 on 03-10-2008 at 07:39 PM

hello i registered just to ask this one question that puzzles me 
i had a strange situation and i cant figure it out i need expert help i will react the event and hear your thoughts

i was connected to messenger as "appear offline"
i opened a window with this girl she was blocked i block her
opened the window to see her display pic! i do it all the time.
so the pic did not load for few days now so i unblocked her and opened a window
and i am  "appear offline" then when the window is opened i get a message from her and i am "appear offline" how did see know??? how did she write me??

i searched the matter and installed this discovery thing
it shows if someone opens a window with me
then i asked a friend to go "appear offline" and open a window with me several times when i am online   and i got NO message

then i asked him to be online but block me and then open a window with me  several times again NO message

got a message only when a online user opened a window with me

how..how?? how did see write to me? what happened there i still cant figure it out i am sure its got to do with me unblocking her but i was still "appear offline" very scary.

expert thoughts time now.  GO!

RE: Need help to solve a mystery by Basilis on 03-10-2008 at 08:14 PM

Did you have a shared file with her and what was the message she wrote you?[Image: msn_wink.old.gif]

RE: Need help to solve a mystery by ime3 on 03-10-2008 at 10:32 PM

so you guys know something different from my tests?
does the opened window notifier pops up saying offline contacts are opening a window with you 

no shared file Basilis
maybe its this stupid 8.5 beta i am using i had a update message i pressed ok and it fails to install the newest live
i have a ghost 7.5 version i cant remove and it says its unremovable 
so i cant install the new version somehow i got 8.5 beta to work

how how did she see write me? could i have been online even when it said that i am offline? damn msn

RE: Need help to solve a mystery by Joe on 03-11-2008 at 05:25 AM

it may have been sent to you while you were offline and you didn't receive it until you unblocked her.

RE: Need help to solve a mystery by Basilis on 03-11-2008 at 01:56 PM

I checked it and it cannot be done because he has blocked her so she couldn't send him messages. At least that happened when I tried it with a friend of mine.

RE: Need help to solve a mystery by Spunky on 03-11-2008 at 02:39 PM

She was blocked. She can't send you messages. When you unblocked her, any messages she did send would come through. You can still see her DP and other information though. Blocking someone is like appearing offline to them and your normal status to everyone else (except in newer versions they can't send you an offline message either)

Sometimes I find Messenger doesn't quite get your status right (I've been online and no-one can see me, or Offline and they can).

Messenger Discovery can no longer accurately detect when a Chat Window is opened on one of your contacts computer due to a modification in the way Messenger works.

RE: Need help to solve a mystery by ime3 on 03-11-2008 at 03:49 PM

one more thing
contact list clean up is it accurate?

[Image: contactqp8.jpg]

also if you go

tools - options - privacy - see who has added you to their contact list

her name is also missing there !@
i never looked there but i looked yesterday and it was there and now gone i suspect a delete took place is this reliable?

does not look good

RE: Need help to solve a mystery by Basilis on 03-11-2008 at 03:54 PM

To Spunky Love Muff: I tried it and when I blocked a friend, the messages he sent me didn't come through when I unblocked him.

To ime3: Yes, Contact List Clean up is accurate.

RE: Need help to solve a mystery by ime3 on 03-11-2008 at 05:06 PM

any method i can check the "has you" yes or no in a past log and that way confirm when the delete took place
why isn't it like this anyway messenger clearly has the info if somebody has you or not at any given time , so let the user see when someone delete you as a log event the technology is there its better then not being sure

dammit.

worst thing i still have no clue what happened there...was offline...with her blocked....unblocked.....opened window....."is it going to be like this forever?"....what??? first message to me in a few years
what? how? is this real i am offline should i respond??? in the same week my dad say i cant come anymore to see my little sisters until i do something with myself and my 1 contact messenger becomes a 0 contact one....good bye world.

RE: Need help to solve a mystery by Aeryn on 03-11-2008 at 08:59 PM

As Joa said, it was most likely just an offline message that had been sent ages ago when you were offline or blocking her, and was delivered only now.

Also, advice: don't obsess over people's actions that much. They're not worth it. Seriously.