Shoutbox

[Help] How to close the IExplorer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: [Help] How to close the IExplorer (/showthread.php?tid=82272)

[Help] How to close the IExplorer by Basilis on 03-11-2008 at 05:11 PM

I need to install Photoshop CS3 and it requires that I close both Firefox and explorer. I close explorer and it still says that is is open. I tried uninstalling it but it continues to say that it is open. And also, even after I uninstalled it, I could still open an explorer window ( it was opening an error message but it could open which I consider strange since I uninstalled it) Anyone know how to solve this issue?

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by Quantum on 03-11-2008 at 05:14 PM

Open task manager and KILL the processes.

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by Basilis on 03-11-2008 at 05:16 PM

I did it by they open again. :(

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by bigb88 on 03-11-2008 at 05:24 PM

Basilis

if u know where the exe is for the IE get a program called unlocker it will unlock it from it bein locked on a system file and then u can proly end it after to

or u can just restart whole comp and then try and do it again and if ie still starts up when u reboot comp look into getin this program

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

and look threw and untick ie that program shows everything that starts with the pc so

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by Basilis on 03-11-2008 at 05:27 PM

I opened the task manager and closed them but they open again immediately. Anyone installed Photoshop CS3 and had the same problem? What did you do?

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by Quantum on 03-11-2008 at 05:29 PM

Google had this problem. The posted there answer in the search results.

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by bigb88 on 03-11-2008 at 05:30 PM

basilis i had that prob before so yea

to bad cant install it from safemode

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by Basilis on 03-11-2008 at 05:33 PM

I searched in Google but I only found some other questions in other forums that just included the words " How to Close Internet Explorer". This shit drives me mad.

bigb88: What did you do to install it?

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by bigb88 on 03-11-2008 at 05:36 PM

Basilis u can try what i said and also u might have a lil spyware prob and its kickin ie back up so might wanna look into that

spybot/ad-aware - both good and pretty sure they still have a ad-aware that is free but ya spybot is not bad

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by bigb88 on 03-11-2008 at 05:38 PM

Basilis - the stuff i listed above and i cant rem if i did anything else cuz it was the whole cs3 pack i installed and that was about um 8+months ago so

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by Basilis on 03-11-2008 at 05:39 PM

I don't have a spybot or spyware etc. I scanned my computer last night. But do all the people who install Photoshop CS3 have to do all this process?

RE: [Help] How to close the IExplorer by bigb88 on 03-11-2008 at 05:42 PM

Basilis

well some dont have a prob with ending ie so yea and no cs3 has it like that so nothin can screw up the install but ya there used to be a file u can make up and stuff i cant rem where i saw it and it would bypass that or let u pick if u cant get it to go i will look for it and see if i can find the site k