Shoutbox

Window messenger and window live mail not remebering usernames or passwords! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Window messenger and window live mail not remebering usernames or passwords! (/showthread.php?tid=82290)

Window messenger and window live mail not remebering usernames or passwords! by ShadowSyaoran on 03-12-2008 at 01:01 AM

Window messenger and window live mail are not remembering my user names and passwords. regardless of whether I click remember or not! Windows live mail will remember my passwords but as soon as I close the program, it instantly forgets. If i restart my computer. both program just come up but nothing is entered in the username and password section. ..please help

ps I am not sure if this is related or not but firefox will not remember my forum and search bar entries

please help
thank you

RE: Window messenger and window live mail by Chris4 on 03-12-2008 at 02:52 AM

Hmm..

Are you on an Administrator account on Windows?

What programs do you have running?

RE: Window messenger and window live mail by ShadowSyaoran on 03-12-2008 at 01:00 PM

Yes I am an admin and I have tried turning off all the programs.

EDIT: hmmm acually now that I think about it I have iolo firewall and anti virus running but I did press allow when it poped up..but heres the strange thing when I uninstalled them windows security alert did not pop up saying you do not have an active firewall or anti virus and then when I tried to uninstall them.. it said the where still on my system even though I thought I had uninstalled them!

Please help

RE: Window messenger and window live mail not remebering usernames or passwords! by Chris4 on 03-12-2008 at 04:43 PM

Maybe try a different anti-virus and firewall..?

After you've uninstalled iolo firewall and antivirus and restarted your computer, I'd suggest checking in C:\Program Files\ to see if all the files have been deleted.