Shoutbox

Mac - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Mac (/showthread.php?tid=82296)

Mac by aacrabtree on 03-12-2008 at 05:56 AM

Hey, so I know that you aren't interested in making a Mac version of Plus!, but would you be willing to release your code so that I can port it to OS X, and make a Mac version that can interface with the Windows version (like make it so you can hear their sounds, and you can hear theirs)? I'd really love to be able to use Plus! again, but I will never go back to Windows.

RE: Mac by zach on 03-12-2008 at 07:02 AM

No.

Sorry, but that's the answer you're going to get from anyone else anyway.

RE: Mac by MattyRid on 03-12-2008 at 07:03 AM

If memory serves, there is another reason it probably won't happen anyway as Patchou (?) has said a few times that Macs lack APIs for it to work properly.

Perhaps someone with a little bit more time can have a quick search and check as I'm currently on a 3min break from CCNA reading :@ (A)

RE: Mac by Th3rmal on 03-12-2008 at 08:08 AM

I dont think Patchou would release his code, his worked hard on it and he should be able to set the limits.

RE: Mac by Jesus on 03-12-2008 at 09:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MP!L FAQ
Will there ever be a Macintosh/Linux version of Messenger Plus! Live?
No, there will never be a Macintosh version or a Linux version of Messenger Plus! Live due to several reasons, including the fact that I have absolutely no time to put in such kind of project.

Although in this thread he said
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I make a pledge today: if I receive one of the recent Mac systems, I'll take the time to try to develop an add-on for Messenger Mac. If I don't succeed, I'll send the Mac back.