Shoutbox

[split] Uninstalling Vista SP1 beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: [split] Uninstalling Vista SP1 beta (/showthread.php?tid=82318)

RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by Jimbo on 03-10-2008 at 09:02 PM

Doesnt install on vista sp1, says i have an incompatible service pack. People on hotfix said i needed to enable emulate mode, whatever that is

RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by -dt- on 03-10-2008 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
Doesnt install on vista sp1, says i have an incompatible service pack. People on hotfix said i needed to enable emulate mode, whatever that is
works fine here
RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by Jimbo on 03-10-2008 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
works fine here
:( its not working here, i think i got an RC version of SP1, but i didnt think there were an other updated versions
RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by Dane on 03-10-2008 at 09:40 PM

quote:
You arent using Service Pack 1 RTM then, you're using Service Pack 1 Beta/Release Candidate Refresh.
RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by Jimbo on 03-10-2008 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
quote:
You arent using Service Pack 1 RTM then, you're using Service Pack 1 Beta/Release Candidate Refresh.
How do i get RTM?
RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by vaccination on 03-11-2008 at 03:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13

To install Vista SP1 RTM I think you have to first uninstall the beta and then install RTM.
aye
RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by Jimbo on 03-11-2008 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13

To install Vista SP1 RTM I think you have to first uninstall the beta and then install RTM.
aye
Umm, help.. how? I dont know where to go, what to uninstall, what pack update was it?
RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by vaccination on 03-11-2008 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [b
2nd result on google[/b]]
Now, to the actual uninstalling of Vista SP1. The process is rather simple and it involves the Package Manager. All that users have to do is open a command prompt with elevated privileges. In order to do so, simply type "cmd" in the Search box under the Start menu and right-click selecting "Run as administrator" from the contextual menu that will pop up. Identify the build number of your previous Vista SP1 installation and put in the following command: "start /w pkgmgr /up: VistaSP1-KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.0.". This is obviously valid for 32-bit machines. On 64-bit computers replace "x86" with "amd64". For confirmation enter "winver" and press Enter in the Run dialog box.

Don't people google anymore -_-
RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by Jimbo on 03-11-2008 at 07:13 PM

Ok after i do that, im guessing i just run windows update and it will show me RTM

RE: RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by joemailey on 03-12-2008 at 12:01 PM

quote:

Ok after i do that, im guessing i just run windows update and it will show me RTM

not likely RTM is Released to manufactures, won't be on windows update as its not released to the public.
RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by Phillip on 03-12-2008 at 12:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
not likely RTM is Released to manufactures, won't be on windows update as its not released to the public.
He could always use that little registry hack to get it to appear.
RE: RE: IE8 Beta 1 is out! by joemailey on 03-12-2008 at 12:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
He could always use that little registry hack to get it to appear.

You mean the hack that was release by Microsoft so you could download the public beta of the service pack?

Won't work or shouldn't work. (unless your talking about a different reg hack)