Shoutbox

[Bug Report] multi-line nick error in web2live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Bug Report] multi-line nick error in web2live (/showthread.php?tid=82356)

[Bug Report] multi-line nick error in web2live by Shiny Rabbit on 03-14-2008 at 07:15 PM

[Image: signature-user=532&back=4&clr=255,255,255&size=100.png]

pictures paint a thousend words so there you go, maybe move the PM thing down or make it only show the top line of my name like in the contacts list?

RE: [Bug Report] multi-line nick error in web2live by warmth on 03-14-2008 at 09:34 PM

I think you should attach a txt file with the code you use to display your name... cause some char is causing that...

RE: [Bug Report] multi-line nick error in web2live by Shiny Rabbit on 03-14-2008 at 10:24 PM

if you mean how i made the linebreak i put in a convo box:

/name [c=12]Parias[/c=47]<Shift-Enter>
[c=12]Now with 50% moar furry[/c=11]

RE: [Bug Report] multi-line nick error in web2live by MeEtc on 03-14-2008 at 10:33 PM

I'm not sure how the information is sent or stored in Web2Live, but I have fixed this in YASS with

code:
foreach($_POST as $key => $val)
   $_POST[$key] = str_replace('%0D', '', $val);
where all the data sent is URLencoded, %0D represents a line break. I replace it with an empty string.

Had a similar problem with the + character. It was being displayed as a space instead of the literal + character.
RE: [Bug Report] multi-line nick error in web2live by Shiny Rabbit on 03-14-2008 at 10:40 PM

i tried YASS as well but it just came up with an error wen i try 2 do anything

RE: [Bug Report] multi-line nick error in web2live by NanaFreak on 03-14-2008 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
I'm not sure how the information is sent or stored in Web2Live, but I have fixed this in YASS with
code:
foreach($_POST as $key => $val)
   $_POST[$key] = str_replace('%0D', '', $val);
where all the data sent is URLencoded, %0D represents a line break. I replace it with an empty string.

Had a similar problem with the + character. It was being displayed as a space instead of the literal + character.
thanks, i will work on this now :)

also, can you not make a new thread... just post in the Web2Live thread

UPDATE: the bug has been fixed now, as you can tell your signature is working fine :)
RE: [Bug Report] multi-line nick error in web2live by Shiny Rabbit on 03-15-2008 at 12:13 AM

brilliant, i shall sig this now

maybe you could put a - where a line break is or something? just to break it up a bit so it doesn't look like 1 huge string of words?

my previous subname would have looked retarded (parias red scores)