Shoutbox

Vista BSODing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Vista BSODing (/showthread.php?tid=82406)

Vista BSODing by Jimbo on 03-16-2008 at 06:16 PM

At leat once a day my computer BSODs and says something about a driver. I am 99% sure that its something to do with starforce as when i log in, i get the message about the starforce driver being imcompatible, but when i download the driver updater from thr starforce site, i run it and nothing happens. Anyone got any ideas?

RE: Vista BSODing by Chris4 on 03-16-2008 at 06:20 PM

I would contact them if I were you.

Have you tried rolling back the drivers? What Star-Force product do you actually have that the drivers are for?

RE: Vista BSODing by Jimbo on 03-16-2008 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I would contact them if I were you.

Have you tried rolling back the drivers? What Star-Force product do you actually have that the drivers are for?
I am not actually sure, i dont remember installing anything from them, is daemon tools from them??
RE: Vista BSODing by andrewdodd13 on 03-17-2008 at 12:15 AM

Daemon tools uses sptd.sys and it's own emulation layer.

If it's DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL this usually does indicate Hardware or Driver problems.

My first guess when I see this is "Time to buy some new RAM... better find memtest disk", so you may wish to run memtest86 if you have it available.

Other than that, go into device manager, View -> Show Hidden Devices, and have a look around there for anything suspicious. Do be wary that there are a lot of dodgy-named drivers under the non-plug and play drivers bit.