Shoutbox

[request] psycho script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [request] psycho script (/showthread.php?tid=82425)

[request] psycho script by grisson87 on 03-17-2008 at 04:03 PM

Hi.
In emesene( an open source msn client) there is a plugin called "psycho mode" tath open the conversation window(if there isn't a conversation window open for that contact) with a  message like " the contact is typing a message..." when the contact start to type a message.

Is it possible to do with a script?

ps: sorry for my english :S... i'm italian
pps: there are too many mistakes??:P

bye!

RE: [request] psycho script by roflmao456 on 03-17-2008 at 07:48 PM

my attempt of a "translation"

quote:
Originally posted by grisson87
Hi.
In emesene (an open source msn client) there is a plugin called "psycho mode" that opens the conversation window when the contact start to type a message.

Is it possible to do with a script?

it could be possible with Xniff but there could be bugs (unreliable)
RE: [request] psycho script by Jesus on 03-17-2008 at 07:59 PM

a script like this has already been made: search the forum
but indeed, as roflmao456 said, they use Xniff so they might not work for you. (more info in this thread)

RE: [request] psycho script by John Anderton on 03-17-2008 at 08:28 PM

as roflmao456 said, it is possible but its highly unreliable.
The first place I ever saw this was years ago in spng where they had convo enter/leaving notifications. But later, these couldn't be distinguished from requests to the server to get contact info (for the small window that opens up showing your myspace blog thing).

Since this ambiguity couldn't be removed, the feature was scrapped (false positives ftl). This is what happened iirc and nothing has changed since then :)

RE: [request] psycho script by grisson87 on 03-17-2008 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
as roflmao456 said, it is possible but its highly unreliable.
The first place I ever saw this was years ago in spng where they had convo enter/leaving notifications. But later, these couldn't be distinguished from requests to the server to get contact info (for the small window that opens up showing your myspace blog thing).

Since this ambiguity couldn't be removed, the feature was scrapped (false positives ftl). This is what happened iirc and nothing has changed since then :)

Ok... I think not use any script...

Thanks!
Bye!