Shoutbox

Web page design software/Need advise - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Web page design software/Need advise (/showthread.php?tid=82436)

Web page design software/Need advise by alegator on 03-18-2008 at 07:24 AM

Among the powerful web design software available like Dreamweaver, Microsoft Expression Web, etc , which one would you recommend? I'm looking for a powerful tool with fast learning curve.Thanks

RE: Web page design software/Need advise by Th3rmal on 03-18-2008 at 07:28 AM

Adobe Dreamweaver is an excellent piece of software, which has a small learning curve, and it can be used by proffesionals as well people who are just starting out. Everything is really simple to do and it has support for things such as flash animation. Making websites using the Site Manager is also a breeze. I use Dreamweaver to make all my websites and find it really easy to use.

RE: Web page design software/Need advise by Menthix on 03-18-2008 at 07:49 AM

Notepad :banana:

RE: Web page design software/Need advise by -dt- on 03-18-2008 at 07:50 AM

pft don't use things that build the site for you, take the time and learn how to write html and css, you will end up understanding how it all works alot better.
a good editor for doing this is SciTE (like notepad + syntax highlighting)

RE: RE: Web page design software/Need advise by Vilkku on 03-18-2008 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
pft don't use things that build the site for you, take the time and learn how to write html and css, you will end up understanding how it all works alot better.
a good editor for doing this is SciTE (like notepad + syntax highlighting)
...or Notepad++ which does the same thing ;)
RE: Web page design software/Need advise by NanaFreak on 03-18-2008 at 09:19 AM

EditPad Pro ;o also NotePad++

RE: Web page design software/Need advise by Spunky on 03-18-2008 at 10:18 AM

Notepad2

RE: Web page design software/Need advise by Volv on 03-18-2008 at 11:11 AM

Or go hardcore and use MS Paint.

RE: Web page design software/Need advise by markee on 03-18-2008 at 01:05 PM

Write it out in javascript and get cop and paste it to all of your friend online and tell them to put it in their browser :cheesy:

Well that is only good for practical jokes.  I personally use notepad++ a lot because i'm used to it with work, even though I have some slightly better stuff at home, it is just convenient.

Personally I believe that HTML isn't that hard to learn (at least have the code section in dreamweaver visible so that you can get used to it).

When you start coding dynamic pages however, you are going to need to learn something more and you are best off coding in one of the other text editors talked about above.