Shoutbox

Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) (/showthread.php?tid=82448)

Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by Quantum on 03-18-2008 at 06:30 PM

Well i tryed coping a folder that is not read only to my desktop. It says :

[Image: dfadha4.jpg]

Clicked continue then UAC asked me to confirm, i did.

Know this comes up.. when I ALREADY confirmed the file.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=895755]

I clicked try again then that box just keeps coming up..

I google around i found that restarting helps..i did so but i'm still getting the same god damn problem.

Can't bloody wait until SP1.

Anyone had the same problem?

Thank you. [alot]

RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by Jesus on 03-18-2008 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
I clicked try again then that box just keeps coming up..
lol what did you expect :P
it's not like a computer will allow you the second time if it didn't allow you the first time.
That's like typing an incorrect admin password twice and getting in on the second try :/

anyway, double check your desktop permissions.

edit: voted "Not for me..." just because I don't use it, so it doesn't suck for me :P
RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by vaccination on 03-18-2008 at 06:51 PM

Just means you don't have the right permissions |-)

that or you don't have ownership of the file.

RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by Quantum on 03-18-2008 at 07:16 PM

I have the right permissions for desktop and what i'm copying.

RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by -dt- on 03-19-2008 at 12:30 AM

quote:
I have the right permissions for desktop and what i'm copying.
if you did, it would be working :P
RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by Quantum on 03-19-2008 at 04:52 PM

Well, i do. And its not.

RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by GiantSpider on 03-19-2008 at 05:25 PM

Why do you have your UAC on? There's your first problem.

RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by Quantum on 03-19-2008 at 05:28 PM

Well its never being a problem before. I only want a answer to fix this..

RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by Jesus on 03-19-2008 at 05:44 PM

quote:
I only want a answer to fix this..
couldn't make that up out of your first post...

anyway, with the little info you provided so far I don't see anyone posting a fix soon.
maybe you could start by posting the actual security schemes involved in the issue.

remember that "disallow" settings overrule "allow" settings in these schemes, so maybe that's something to check too.
RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by Quantum on 03-19-2008 at 06:29 PM

detailed:

Well i want to copy a folder form doc's to desktop. If i do it i get that problem. I tryed to do it with any fold and i still get the same. I am an admin for my pc and have the right to do anything. I really don't get why its doing this. It was fine before...

RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by ShawnZ on 03-21-2008 at 11:27 AM

quote:
I really need help on this.

The file is locked by another program. You can't read it until it's done.

quote:
Originally posted by Svip
LEAVE MICROSOFT ALONE!

Making multiuser systems is very hard!  Especially if you're basing it on a system that's never really been multiuser...

huh? NT has always been multiuser :p
RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by vaccination on 03-21-2008 at 11:28 AM

take ownership of the file and give yourself permissions for the file and the desktop.

If it's locked, use Unlocker.

If you were doing it right it'd work.

RE: Vista can't copy files (yet more problems) by Quantum on 03-21-2008 at 11:36 AM

Should my desktop folder be read-only?

Ok, well i got it. Its working fine for now! Thanks to everyone that helped out :P