Shoutbox

Drugs in schools - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Drugs in schools (/showthread.php?tid=82449)

Drugs in schools by Basilis on 03-18-2008 at 07:06 PM

A week ago, a boy in my school got suspended for using drugs. The point is that in my opinion this wasn't the best solution because he was not responsible, as we all know those men that wait outside schools in order to find easy victims to sell drugs. I believe that the teachers should talk to him and tell him how bad is to use drugs and then, if he continued using drugs, then they could suspend him. I heard that the boy fell into depression for that reason. His parents came to the school and asked for their son to return to the school. What do you think on this point?

RE: Drugs in schools by vaccination on 03-18-2008 at 07:09 PM

He could of said no to the 'men outside schools'

His own fault.

RE: Drugs in schools by Basilis on 03-18-2008 at 07:11 PM

There are some kids that are easy to sell drugs. He was one of them. He had no too many friends and so he had not a strong character. It is not as easy as it sounds.

RE: Drugs in schools by Quantum on 03-18-2008 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
A week ago, a boy in my school got suspended for using drugs. The point is that in my opinion this wasn't the best solution because he was not responsible, as we all know those men that wait outside schools in order to find easy victims to sell drugs.

If that does happen why ain't the police doing anything 8-)

quote:

I believe that the teachers should talk to him and tell him how bad is to use drugs

I'm sure most schools tell pupils from the age of 6 not to use drugs? He must know there bad?, surely?

quote:
and then, if he continued using drugs, then they could suspend him. I heard that the boy fell into depression for that reason. His parents came to the school and asked for their son to return to the school. What do you think on this point?

He fell into depression for the suspension? Or using drugs?

Well drugs in school is wrong especially with eh risk of other (young) people around. Showing a bad example. How did he get caught?

RE: Drugs in schools by Tasha on 03-18-2008 at 07:14 PM

How is he not responsible for using drugs? It's his own fault.

To be honest, his parents should have already told him it's bad to use drugs, etc. It's not up to the teachers to advise him against things. If his parents care so much about him going back to school, they should care about his well-being and should have told him already about the dangers of drugs.

Most people should know for a fact to refuse something some dodgy idiot is telling me to buy off him. Ever heard of the saying that you should never talk to strangers?

RE: Drugs in schools by vaccination on 03-18-2008 at 07:15 PM

quote:
There are some kids that are easy to sell drugs. He was one of them. He had no too many friends and so he had not a strong character. It is not as easy as it sounds.
It is.

Anyone can say no - I've done it.
RE: Drugs in schools by Basilis on 03-18-2008 at 07:15 PM

Because of both. No, the police cannot do something because these people are like ordinary people but they sell drugs. And the schools don't say this to little pupils who don't even know what drugs mean.

RE: Drugs in schools by Justin on 03-18-2008 at 07:16 PM

What drugs was he using?

Edit:

quote:
Because of both. No, the police cannot do something because these people are like ordinary people but they sell drugs.

That is known as a drug dealer and it is a criminal offense.

RE: Drugs in schools by Basilis on 03-18-2008 at 07:17 PM

I don't know exactly. I think cocaine.

RE: Drugs in schools by Tasha on 03-18-2008 at 07:19 PM

quote:
And the schools don't say this to little pupils who don't even know what drugs mean.

The whole point of educating someone, be it in a school, or by the parents, is to make them understand what something means before they go and do it. Doesn't your school have PSHE (Physical, Social and Health Education) lessons? Or do peoples parents not care about educating their children fully so they don't get influenced by the wrong people?
RE: Drugs in schools by Quantum on 03-18-2008 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Because of both. No, the police cannot do something because these people are like ordinary people but they sell drugs. And the schools don't say this to little pupils who don't even know what drugs mean.

Medicine & pills is the same as drugs and young people are told not to take them. The police can do ALOT.  In Greece do the police have the right to stop i search?

How did he get cought?
RE: Drugs in schools by vaccination on 03-18-2008 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Yes they can. It's illegal to sell drugs, therefore the police can and should do something.
RE: Drugs in schools by duck! on 03-18-2008 at 07:20 PM

quote:
No, the police cannot do something because these people are like ordinary people but they sell drugs.
The police can't arrest ordinary people? :P
RE: Drugs in schools by marissa on 03-18-2008 at 07:20 PM

quote:
No, the police cannot do something because these people are like ordinary people but they sell drugs.

ha then you need better popo. if drugs are a problem around your area then they should be out patrolling :\

how long is he suspended for? or was he expelled? if he was suspended, who cares, maybe it'll teach hima lesson. i dont think the teachers should take pity on him and allow him back without a suspension because it's his stupid choices that got him kicked out in the first place
RE: Drugs in schools by Basilis on 03-18-2008 at 07:21 PM

No we don't have such lesson here. But does this lesson starts from the age of 6 in your country? Sorry, I didn't know the word. He was expelled

RE: Drugs in schools by marissa on 03-18-2008 at 07:24 PM

quote:
No we don't have such lesson here. But does this lesson starts from the age of 6 in your country? Sorry, I didn't know the word. He was expelled

i meant teaching him a lesson as... if you do it once and get caught, dont do it again. if you do drugs and kicked out of school, why screw up your life anymore by continuing it?
RE: Drugs in schools by Quantum on 03-18-2008 at 07:24 PM

Yeah, well they start out as don't take or touch medicine on your own then gets higher up the ladder (pills > drugs) ect.

Maybe you government should start sometime soon...

RE: Drugs in schools by Justin on 03-18-2008 at 07:24 PM

quote:
I don't know exactly. I think cocaine.

Why the heck would a 14/15 year old be taking cocaine (assuming he is your age), IMHO he should be expelled from school and have a criminal record for taking Class A drugs.

RE: Drugs in schools by Menthix on 03-18-2008 at 07:25 PM

quote:
But does this lesson starts from the age of 6 in your country?
At least far before that age my parents told me not to take things from strangers and certainly don't eat/swallow/sniff/inject stuff if i don't know what it is.

How old is this kid?
RE: Drugs in schools by Basilis on 03-18-2008 at 07:25 PM

Anyway, I want your opinion on how right was the teachers decision to expel him.

RE: Drugs in schools by Basilis on 03-18-2008 at 07:27 PM

He had left the Maths lesson to go use drugs and a teacher saw him.

RE: Drugs in schools by vaccination on 03-18-2008 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
Yeah, well they start out as don't take or touch medicine on your own then gets higher up the ladder (pills > drugs) ect.

You realise medicine is a good thing right? ¬_¬
RE: Drugs in schools by Quantum on 03-18-2008 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

You realise medicine is a good thing right? ¬_¬

No, its not. :S
RE: Drugs in schools by Basilis on 03-18-2008 at 07:31 PM

What? If there wasn't medicine, we would have too much deaths.

RE: Drugs in schools by Menthix on 03-18-2008 at 07:34 PM

Medicine is a good thing, but only if you actually need them and when taken in the right dosage.

Overdosing medicine or getting prescriptions for things you don't really have is basically "doing drugs" too.

RE: Drugs in schools by Quantum on 03-18-2008 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Medicine is a good thing, but only if you actually need them and when taken in the right dosage.

Overdosing medicine or getting prescriptions for things you don't really have is basically "doing drugs" too.

Sorry, that's what i meant. You knew it too vaccination.
RE: Drugs in schools by vaccination on 03-18-2008 at 07:52 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

Sorry, that's what i meant. You knew it too vaccination.
No I didn't. How would I? If you meant overdosing you should of said.
Without medicine I coulda died long ago
RE: Drugs in schools by NiteMare on 03-18-2008 at 08:09 PM

well i think for a first offence like this, and at such a young age, the school should have looked at requirering his parents to send him to re-hab first, before expultion was looked at

RE: Drugs in schools by L. Coyote on 03-18-2008 at 08:14 PM

Well, it's really tiresome that people see these drug dealers and do nothing about it.

It's like complaining about the foul smell of shit and purposely burying your face on it. 8-)

Edit: And the kid really WAS responsible for being an idiot druggie. I'm not against non-medical drugs, but I am against the current drug "system" that promotes crimes.

RE: Drugs in schools by Nagamasa on 03-18-2008 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible
Why the heck would a 14/15 year old be taking cocaine (assuming he is your age), IMHO he should be expelled from school and have a criminal record for taking Class A drugs.
Not just that...but arrested...cause it's illegal!
quote:
He had left the Maths lesson to go use drugs and a teacher saw him.
quote:
he was not responsible, as we all know those men that wait outside schools in order to find easy victims to sell drugs.
Oh the irony...

And plus, I walk by smokers and druggies (which includes some of my classmates) everyday and I don't go near that stuff...I wonder how I do it :P

RE: Drugs in schools by duck! on 03-18-2008 at 08:57 PM

quote:

he was not responsible, as we all know those men that wait outside schools in order to find easy victims to sell drugs.
Of course he was responsible, he took the drugs.
He could say no, there was no one forcing him to say yes.
RE: Drugs in schools by Lou on 03-18-2008 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Anyway, I want your opinion on how right was the teachers decision to expel him.
I really doubt the teachers had any play in the decision made. Teachers don't have that much control (at least over here. It's the high administration that takes care of these things, like Principal's (or headmasters)) usually.

You don't seem to have a very great understanding of these kinds of things, so either you're a really misinformed 14 year old, or you lied about your age.

I think it's safe to assume that if skipped class to do drugs he was fully responsible for his own actions and should be able to control them. It's nobody else's fault, and teachers should definitely not have to deal with this.

Also, over here it's not random people on the road selling drugs to "innocent kids in school". It's the other way around.
RE: Drugs in schools by Oxy on 03-18-2008 at 09:27 PM

Silly. Just silly.

RE: Drugs in schools by Vilkku on 03-18-2008 at 09:31 PM

He left class to go and do drugs? Sounds like he isn't using them for the first time =/

RE: Drugs in schools by saralk on 03-18-2008 at 09:48 PM

Rightly or wrongly, drugs are against the law, this isn't a discussion about if drugs are ethically right or not. It's a very simple matter, he broke the law, and so should be punished.

RE: Drugs in schools by Quantum on 03-18-2008 at 10:02 PM

The law is gay.

The stop and search 10-18 year olds out on the streets when they can be bustin' junkies and do a hell of a lot more to help than chase of teenagers "causing a rather loud disturbance". In britain at least btw, sounds the same in Greece by what your telling us.

RE: Drugs in schools by lizard.boy on 03-18-2008 at 10:24 PM

I'll add a me in there, but one of my classmates actually got caught, suspended, and arrested for supplying the Jr hockey team with marijuana, and it serves him right too. Not to mention how much shit the hockey team got in for bringing it over the boarder during their tournament.. it's a good thing customs didn't find it.

RE: Drugs in schools by matt on 03-18-2008 at 11:56 PM

quote:
A week ago, a boy in my school got suspended for using drugs. The point is that in my opinion this wasn't the best solution because he was not responsible, as we all know those men that wait outside schools in order to find easy victims to sell drugs. I believe that the teachers should talk to him and tell him how bad is to use drugs and then, if he continued using drugs, then they could suspend him. I heard that the boy fell into depression for that reason. His parents came to the school and asked for their son to return to the school. What do you think on this point?

what i would do in this case, if i was that kid.  1. if there is no other way, get the drugs and then go to my house and drop them in the trash.  2.  alert my dad or someone who can do something about this guy. 

if there i can buy the drugs and see where this guy is located, i would report him to the police. 

obviously there can be kids that doesn't think on this and might start taking drugs, that would be a bit of a problem if the kid is now addict.

the awareness of the kid should increase as well as the teachers, father, etc.  and the schools should have security points for this.

i haven't personally see this situation in my life, but it's my opinion. :)
RE: Drugs in schools by Dane on 03-19-2008 at 02:12 AM

Simply put, its the kids fault for his actions.  He should realize he's done wrong and accept the punishment he received, point taken.  If he's that weak of a person, then he needs to build himself up more, but it's NO EXCUSE for what he did.  He deserved the punishment.

RE: Drugs in schools by Voldemort on 03-19-2008 at 03:00 AM

In Mexico, or in my school, at least, you don't get kicked, but you are offered school guidance and offered to go to rehab and be accepted back when you're "fine". You will get kicked if you go high to school or take drugs there.

RE: Drugs in schools by Spunky on 03-19-2008 at 10:08 AM

At the college where I work, the police bring sniffer dogs in and only give the college around a 2 days notice. It's too late then though because the smell stays on you for longer than that. If you get caught with drugs on site, it's an instant expulsion. I was worried last time it happened and I was working because I live around quite a few drug dealers.

If people want to do drugs, fine. It's not up to any of us to stop them, but they shouldn't do it in public places with innocent people around who will end up getting "classed" the same as them for doing nothing wrong.

RE: Drugs in schools by SikStyles on 03-19-2008 at 07:15 PM

Buying drugs is one thing. Sure, it's hard to say no to a person who is very good with words. But injecting the drug is totally another thing. He DID want to do them, he DID want try and he did. That makes him responsible for failing at common sense.

RE: Drugs in schools by Basilis on 03-19-2008 at 07:26 PM

It was coke. not injection

RE: Drugs in schools by toddy on 03-19-2008 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
It's too late then though because the smell stays on you for longer than that
that depends on what drugs
quote:
I was worried last time it happened and I was working because I live around quite a few drug dealers.
unless you mean actually live with them, and spend long times around drugs. then shouldn't affect you (or your smell)
quote:
If people want to do drugs, fine. It's not up to any of us to stop them, but they shouldn't do it in public places with innocent people around who will end up getting "classed" the same as them for doing nothing wrong.
no one makes you stand around/near people doing drugs. and you'd be hard pushed to get done for slightly smelling of drugs. employees/police/other need evidence of using or intent to use, before they can do anything to you. e.g. been seen/filmed taking drugs, or actually having the drugs on you

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
Sure, it's hard to say no to a person who is very good with words.
no its not hard. its one very small word, after which you walk off. it only becomes hard saying no, if you are intimidated by the dealer
quote:
But injecting the drug is totally another thing.
most drugs aren't injected, and as it appear this kid did cocaine (which i find strange anyone would do at school) its not injected
RE: Drugs in schools by ShawnZ on 03-19-2008 at 07:42 PM

quote:
It was coke. not injection

you can inject coke...
RE: RE: Drugs in schools by SikStyles on 03-19-2008 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy

quote:
Sure, it's hard to say no to a person who is very good with words.
no its not hard. its one very small word, after which you walk off. it only becomes hard saying no, if you are intimidated by the dealer
That's what I meant actually.
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
But injecting the drug is totally another thing.
most drugs aren't injected, and as it appear this kid did cocaine (which i find strange anyone would do at school) its not injected

I know. I just wrote injected because I just couldn't remember to word for 'taking in something' :P