Shoutbox

Help deleting Trojan Virus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Help deleting Trojan Virus (/showthread.php?tid=82479)

Help deleting Trojan Virus by megolas80 on 03-19-2008 at 10:48 PM

First off i have BACKDOOR.Rbot.hvj trojan, yeah i know its bad :(

with the help of my AVG ive found the folder where its located. someone told me to delete it using my recycling bin then delete it from the H_KEY. should i do that?

Im in my Registry Edit (for the first time) i have no idea where to go, so i need help in here to.

Thanks.

RE: Help deleting Trojan Virus by Jesus on 03-20-2008 at 12:37 AM

follow the steps on this website (as it says, at your own risk, but it should be ok) and it should be gone.

good luck

edit: be extra careful when editing the registry. only remove entries that are exactly the same as the ones on the website or you could mess up bigtime

RE: Help deleting Trojan Virus by matt on 03-20-2008 at 12:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by megolas80
First off i have BACKDOOR.Rbot.hvj trojan, yeah i know its bad :(

with the help of my AVG ive found the folder where its located. someone told me to delete it using my recycling bin then delete it from the H_KEY. should i do that?

Im in my Registry Edit (for the first time) i have no idea where to go, so i need help in here to.

Thanks.

hey man.  i have had that problem just like u.  i am not a computer geek, but i can tell u my experience and then you can wait for another member of the community to help you with more information.

first, i don't use AVG, i heard it's a good antivirus but i use PANDA 08 with a Firewall.  I download it from www.pandasoftware.com, then once i had this antivirus i scanned all the computer and i that case i found about 150 spywares and 4 viruses in the system, which i know is gross.   

a friend of mine and I, had a problem with a virus which was in a folder as well and just click ''delete'', the virus was killed basically, but we had to disconnect it from the internet and restart. 

i recommend u to try pulling out your virus with the antivirus and if it doesn't recognize your virus.  you should download this better one.  I haven't personally heard that deleting virus manualy is a good way.

again, i am not a master on this.  use this as my opinion and experience. (Y)[Image: tumbleweed.gif]

welcome to the community from my end. :)
RE: Help deleting Trojan Virus by zogo on 03-22-2008 at 07:37 PM

avg has saved my back too many times!!!

deleting it from avg is safer because it repairs the infected system files