Shoutbox

ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. (/showthread.php?tid=82520)

ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by kisa on 03-21-2008 at 12:35 PM

Just find a tool that can do it.. :P
It's Presentation to Video Converter...
anybody tried it???

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by NanaFreak on 03-21-2008 at 12:37 PM

what?

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by Eddie on 03-21-2008 at 12:38 PM

Dare i ask why you would want to make such a conversion? :S

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by aNILEator on 03-21-2008 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Dare i ask why you would want to make such a conversion? :S

Indeed you can get a free lightweight powerpoint viewer from Microsoft

Unless you're putting something like this into a documentary film I really can't see the point converting it into a huge video file +o(
RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by kisa on 03-21-2008 at 12:49 PM

I would like to burn my presentation to dvd... to make it I should convert powerpoint into video... I hope Presentation To Video Converter help me...

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by Quantum on 03-21-2008 at 01:04 PM

Camtasia studio can do it.

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by aNILEator on 03-21-2008 at 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
Camtasia studio can do it.

Or any Screenrecorder program,

You could export each slide and re-create the slideshow in Windows Movie Maker, you can then insert transitions etc in there.
RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by Quantum on 03-21-2008 at 01:57 PM

Camtasia Studio has a special option to record power points and its really easy using a wizard. As its not free its best to go with a free screen recorder program ;)

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by Eddie on 03-21-2008 at 01:59 PM

Or just do what aNILEator said to save confusing the hell out of her john-t?

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
You could export each slide and re-create the slideshow in Windows Movie Maker, you can then insert transitions etc in there.

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by aNILEator on 03-21-2008 at 02:16 PM

I'd go the Movie Maker Route myself, fast and easy

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by kisa on 05-06-2008 at 10:17 AM

Presentation To Video Converter

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by mattisdada on 05-06-2008 at 11:26 AM

Yeah, Windows Movie Maker is by far the fastest method. You can burn it straight to DVD.

If your someone making an animation out of power point slides (a novice technique, but great if your bored on someone elses comp who only has Office.... :P) (You make tones of slides and on each on you change it a little bit, its fun), you shouldnt use a conversion tool to convert to video, but to swf. Plenty of free tools out there for that.

I see no point in getting a PPT/PPS converter (to video)

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by CookieRevised on 05-07-2008 at 02:35 AM

Forgive my sarcasm but...

So..... if one has created a big presentation with all kinds of effects, graphs, etc, you (not pointing to someone in particular here though) suggest people to do it all over again in Windows Movie Maker slide by slide, effect by effect??? (with the big chance that you can't even do the things you want, like using a graph from Excel etc)

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense at all...
Its like suggesting to rewrite that AppleWorks document letter by letter in MS Word while you could just convert it....

Using Windows Movie Maker (just because "it can burn to DVD directly") makes no sense at all because there are tons and tons of freewares and sharewares which can convert Powerpoint presentations directly to video without any sweat...

:google: like: 'powerpoint, video' or 'powerpoint, dvd', etc
eg: Free PowerPoint Video Converter, PowerPoint to video, Wondershare PPT2DVD, etc

Also note that a Powerpoint presentation is not a simple slideshow of pictures with a fixed resolution. Powerpoint saves pictures in a higher resolution than what you might see on your screen (provided the pics are in hires of course). This makes that the presentation will still be hires on another bigger resolution screen and not mangled up, stretched or blown up.

Use a dedicated converter if you want to create a decent DVD video out of a presentation. Don't attempt to recreate it in a video editing program (unless that program has a special option to import Powerpoint presentations of course).

Note: a presentation is not a plain old slideshow of your holiday pics; for that there are far better tools than Powerpoint...

;)

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by mattisdada on 05-07-2008 at 04:59 AM

Sorry you are wrong, windows movie maker can import powerpoint presentations straight off the bat :).

No need for any conversetion, downloading or anything. Just import it straight in(Windows Move Maker 2 only i think.)

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by CookieRevised on 05-07-2008 at 09:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
Sorry you are wrong, windows movie maker can import powerpoint presentations straight off the bat :).

No need for any conversetion, downloading or anything. Just import it straight in(Windows Move Maker 2 only i think.)
How? I have WMM 2.1 and there is no way to import powerpoint presentations...

But if some newer version can then:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Don't attempt to recreate it in a video editing program (unless that program has a special option to import Powerpoint presentations of course).

EDIT: cookie accepted :p
RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by mattisdada on 05-07-2008 at 10:35 AM

I was fairly sure you could... lemmie try again, ill get back to ya.

Hmmm, it appears i'm wrong. Dreafully sorry. Ill make it up to you Revise.... ill offer you an allmighty cookie, of cookieness.....

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by kisa on 07-01-2008 at 08:15 AM

btw, Presentation to Video Converter has trial without any limitions!

RE: ppt/pps -> AVI/Mpeg etc. by Chrono on 07-01-2008 at 09:52 AM

wtf, this seems like *odd* advertising to me, just read her posts carefully again :dodgy:

Thread closed :spam: (the "problem" was solved already anyway :P)