Shoutbox

WLM + voice chat = windows sound volume messed up - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM + voice chat = windows sound volume messed up (/showthread.php?tid=82521)

WLM + voice chat = windows sound volume messed up by V@no on 03-21-2008 at 01:19 PM

Hello!
If I'm not mistaken since MSN v7.x they changed something in voice chat feature and now whenever you start voice chat your "Play control" and "Wave" windows volume control are set at the same level and almost at full and changing volume in WLM will change the volume in windows itself!!!!! (the actual name of the "devices" could be different on different soundcards).
Normally I keep my "Play control" volume between second and third bar from the bottom and "Wave" at full. After each voice chat, I have to go to playback control panel and re-set the volume. This is total BS and I'm surprised nobody b!tched about it...
Is there a patch or whatever that would prevent WLM from changing my windows' settings?

RE: WLM + voice chat = windows sound volume messed up by Quantum on 03-21-2008 at 01:45 PM

Tools > Audio/Video Setup

That allows you to change the volume of your mic and speakers that Windows Live Messenger use's. I'm not really sure what your saying. If you run through that wizard put in your desired settings that will set all audio up to that you want it to be.

RE: RE: WLM + voice chat = windows sound volume messed up by V@no on 03-21-2008 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
If you run through that wizard put in your desired settings that will set all audio up to that you want it to be.
That is exactly is my point - ALL AUDIO in the windows itself and not only in messenger.
If you look at the attached picture in above - that is how I'd like to have at all times, but if I ran the audio/video wizard, this how it will endup (see attachment below) (also note, I run the wizard for the first time and didnt change anything during its setup, just hit "next")
see the difference?

[EDIT]
Just ran the setup again, and I see little difference in the results from what I've described above: WLM doesn't move the "Play control" volume, it maximizes it, but still its moving the "Wave" volume - not acceptable.