Shoutbox

Scripts? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Scripts? (/showthread.php?tid=82567)

Scripts? by zacharybackary on 03-22-2008 at 09:03 PM

I was wondering if there were any scripts existing that:
-tells you who has blocked you
-makes it so that people can't add your custom emoticons
-imitates other people's text [color + font]

RE: Scripts? by MeEtc on 03-22-2008 at 09:06 PM

1. No. See: Block checkers DO NOT work
2. No. If a contact can see the custom emoticon, it means that it has been delivered to their computer, and it can be installed for use by them.
3. Colour, yes. Fontface, no.

RE: RE: Scripts? by vikke on 03-22-2008 at 09:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
1. No. See: Block checkers DO NOT work
2. No. If a contact can see the custom emoticon, it means that it has been delivered to their computer, and it can be installed for use by them.
3. Colour, yes. Fontface, no.
1. Block checkers can work, and if they show it's that your contact has blocked you, he/she has! But most of them are fake, and will spam to your friends. But if it shows that you're not blocked, the state is unknown.

2. There's a way to do this, it's to modify the traffic sent by Messenger to your contacts to make your contact's Messenger think that you're using a commercial emoticon. The MessengerDiscovery addon did this a while ago, however I don't keep track of that software anymore. You could still extract it by taking a screenshot, and importing it that way, or make it become a normal emoticon again (like nothing happened, MessengerDiscovery also does this).

3. Actually yes, MessengerDiscovery did this as well (sending the exact same style in the message as your contact sent it).

I know I shouldn't be promoting MessengerDiscovery, but it has been done.
RE: Scripts? by zacharybackary on 03-22-2008 at 09:28 PM

Can you give me a link to a block checker that DOES work? =]

Darn, I hoped they weren't messenger discovery features. Is there any way to get a version of messenger discovery that doesn't give you viruses and whatnot?

RE: Scripts? by vikke on 03-22-2008 at 09:56 PM

http://blockchecker.msnfanatic.com/

RE: Scripts? by Jesus on 03-23-2008 at 05:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
http://blockchecker.msnfanatic.com/
shows me as offline while I'm definitely online...

face it dude, blockcheckers DO NOT work

geez, how often has this been discussed
RE: Scripts? by vikke on 03-23-2008 at 02:27 PM

If the blockchecker shows offline => EITHER BLOCKED OR NOT
If the blockchecker shows online => YOU'RE BLOCKED

RE: Scripts? by Spunky on 03-23-2008 at 03:14 PM

quote:

They won't show online most of the time now due to the privacy settings though. OLD
RE: RE: Scripts? by vikke on 03-23-2008 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

They won't show online most of the time now due to the privacy settings though. OLD
Yeah, but when it does, it's accurate.
RE: Scripts? by Spunky on 03-23-2008 at 03:38 PM

But you get false negatives so not accurate

RE: Scripts? by vikke on 03-23-2008 at 04:05 PM

Read my post again. If it does say that the contact is online, you are blocked, 100% accurate. But if it doesn't, you cannot know, and this is way better than nothing.

RE: Scripts? by Spunky on 03-23-2008 at 04:09 PM

Read mine again ;) I didn't say that the positives are wrong, but it depends on the user having a specific option turned off and being online at the time in question etc. If they don't have that option or are actually offline, then the site will say they are not online, even if they are, but have blocked the user.

I understand that if it says that they are online, you must be blocked, but it's not accurate.

RE: Scripts? by CookieRevised on 03-23-2008 at 06:25 PM

The problem is that people do not see this as "half accurate". They see it and interpret it as "working" or "not working". And most believe it is working because they don't know any better...

People expect such things to be correct. And despite what you may say, such blockcheckers are not.

The misconception is even enlarged when such blockcheckers respond with "offline" while in fact, they do NOT know if the email is offline or not!!!

It would have been different if they returned "we do not know. The user may have checked that privacy option, so we can never be sure.", since that is an accurate response. "offline" is not accurate at all, in any sense, it is a serious misconception, misinformation, aka it is simply wrong.

But the common user does not know this, but he does interpret it as being accurate.

And because of the lack of a proper and correct response, in any case, the common user is left in the dark and left with the big misconceptions that blockcheckers do work.

RE: Scripts? by vikke on 03-23-2008 at 07:34 PM

That is because that blockchecker is way old and outdated, maybe I should do a new one someday just for fun.

RE: Scripts? by kezz on 03-24-2008 at 02:13 AM

Don't annoy someone enough so that they block you? That way it doesn't matter whether or not any block-checkers work. (Which they don't)