Shoutbox

[Removed] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 17/03/2009) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Removed] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 17/03/2009) (/showthread.php?tid=82577)

[Removed] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 17/03/2009) by markee on 03-23-2008 at 04:55 AM

I'm sorry, but the server has been removed due to high costs.  Maybe one day Web2Live will come back online, but not in the foreseeable future.  Thank you all for your support throughout the development of the script.

Well guys we have finally released a new version for you to use and get a better experience from using Web2Live mainly if you are from another country and prefer to use programs in currently Spanish or Dutch.

The competition is going to be delayed about a week so that if there are any problems with the script we can work them out as we haven't given this to any beta testers.

The main new feature in this release is language if you didn't pick up on that from my first sentence and if you would like to help us out by translating into your language it would be very nice of you. I will be setting up a way to submit these to us in the near future.

There have also been some minor bug fixes from the last version which will help out some users. Also I don't remember if it was this version or not but there is a logout feature now too =p

To download the latest version please go to the download page

Thanks for supporting Web2Live,
The Web2Live Team

Also keep and eye out for the competition. It should be good for you and us :D

---------------------------------
Old version (1.00.07)
Web2Live is a versatile script that allows you to generate dynamic signature images which show your current WLM status.  It also enables others to send messages to you directly.

You can see this in signatures around the forum.... blah blah blah.... if you don't know what it is by now then you should just PM me and I'll try to explain.

This is our first release version that is going to go in the scripts database.  We can support many members with our dedicated server, and over the past year we have made it as stable as possible before releasing it.... blah blah blah... <insert more self rightious crap here>

If you want to support us then recommend us to your friends.  If you have any problems or recommendations then write them here or on our forum over at web2live.org/forum

If you are not a current memeber you need to register on the web2live site ( here ) and then download the script from here

Enjoy :cheesy:

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by Th3rmal on 03-23-2008 at 05:36 AM

zomg yay a final release. may i say you guys have done a wonderful job with it so far and i hope that you guys continue on with your fantastic work. Hooray for u :P

edit: i cannot change/click on any other style other than default when trying to get the signature codes, it just acts as if im trying to move the window...

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by NanaFreak on 03-23-2008 at 09:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
i cannot change/click on any other style other than default when trying to get the signature codes, it just acts as if im trying to move the window...
this is because you are currently trying to edit the default style, which is not allowed to be edited

just click the button next to the top drop down menu to add a new style (the button with the green plus on it)
RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by Th3rmal on 03-23-2008 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
quote:
i cannot change/click on any other style other than default when trying to get the signature codes, it just acts as if im trying to move the window...
this is because you are currently trying to edit the default style, which is not allowed to be edited

just click the button next to the top drop down menu to add a new style (the button with the green plus on it)
oh thanks fixed it, i cant remember doing that in the old version tho...
RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by NanaFreak on 03-23-2008 at 09:40 AM

its a new feature thats why you cant remember it :)

RE: RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by Th3rmal on 03-23-2008 at 09:43 AM

quote:
its a new feature thats why you cant remember it :)
ahh right, well all seems to be good now, thnx :D
RE: RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by High Speed Chaser on 03-23-2008 at 09:47 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

oh thanks fixed it, i cant remember doing that in the old version tho...

New feature that makes it easier to have different signatures and update it.

e.g. I create the style Web2Live. I customise it and paste the code in.
Then I create a Msghelp style one, customise and paste it in.
Then I decide I don't like the one I did for Msghelp so I change the background, I don't have to re copy the cod and paste it.
I just select Msghelp style change the background, size or text colour and it will automatically display it on my Msghelp signature without me having to re paste the codes

If you can't understand what I typed thats ok because I can't understand it either.
RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by Discrate on 03-23-2008 at 11:07 AM

great work guys, finally in the database.

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by Shiny Rabbit on 03-23-2008 at 05:06 PM

=/ the bug with the multi-line nicknames is back

can you indicate a linebreak as a "-"? so my name doesn't read as "It's a rat-flail bitch got served" on my sig?

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by markee on 03-24-2008 at 01:13 AM

Thanks for that.  I tried to get it to work as best as possible when writing the new signature generator but I forgot that.  It should all be better now :happy:

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by prashker on 03-24-2008 at 01:23 AM

I want my special thanks again, even if I was a horrible tester :banana:

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by markee on 03-24-2008 at 01:30 AM

Horrible does even come close :refuck:

The testers listed on there are people that have really put in effort and have tested quite a lot (even special builds that haven't gone to anyone else).

If you work hard then you might get put back on the list.... :tongue:

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by prashker on 03-24-2008 at 01:33 AM

bu...but i'm your financial adviser :sad:

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by High Speed Chaser on 03-24-2008 at 02:21 AM

Even I got in to the Special Thanks and I'm not a tester :refuck: Well not officially.

I was the moral support for NanaFreak and markee!
Ok, I wrote the FAQs for Web2Live.

P.S. I'm still not happy! :(

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by Shiny Rabbit on 03-24-2008 at 11:22 AM

yey, it works now

* Shiny Rabbit is happy

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by vaccination on 03-24-2008 at 12:58 PM

New version is awesomeeeeeee

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.07 by NanaFreak on 04-23-2008 at 09:05 PM

Web2Live is 1 year old now!!!

A few things will be coming soon due to technical difficulties, they wont be too long but still need some touching up =p

have fun and go to Web2Live's homepage and Web2Live Forums

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by NanaFreak on 04-28-2008 at 11:59 AM

Sorry for double posting

A new release of Web2Live is available... either read about it in the first page of this thread or over on the web2live forums

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by markee on 05-05-2008 at 07:03 AM

As we have talked about a little bit, we are running a competition.  The details are as follows:

You have to make signature backgrounds for web2live.

The winning entries will be used as signature backgrounds for web2live.

I realise the prize isn't much, but it gets your name and designs out there a little bit more.  If you include your own logo on the images then could you please also use the web2live logo (actually it would be nice to have a little one in each of them).

Willz has been kind enough to make a few for us based on his skins for Messenger, we will be releasing these in the next couple of days as examples.

Please do not use copyrighted material, if it is not your own work and we find out then it will not get used.

I hope heaps of people give this a try, we will run the competition until the 26th of May so you better get cracking. :)

Submit your signatures here.

Also if you want to talk about this, please post over on the Web2Live forums so that we don't spam msghelp too much <3

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by Th3rmal on 05-05-2008 at 08:01 AM

im gonna be a newb here and ask an easy question, i cant seem to be able to add my own style to my profile so that i can test it out, how do i do this?

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by markee on 05-05-2008 at 08:15 AM

You cant test your own status with it unless you add layers to the image and manually put the DP and text there I'm sorry.

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by Th3rmal on 05-05-2008 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
You cant test your own status with it unless you add layers to the image and manually put the DP and text there I'm sorry.
>.< ok thanks for your reply

EDIT: couldn't be bothered testing so i just uploaded :P
RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by NanaFreak on 05-05-2008 at 10:35 AM

i might make a test overlay for images so that you can see how it looks

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by vaccination on 05-17-2008 at 08:49 AM

* vaccination has already submitted quite a few signatures to the competition!

Need more though, get your creative hats on guys ;[

If you're stuck for ideas, here's a few of mine(but no stealing ¬_¬)
[Image: signature.png]

Make sure you don't try going over the top, as there'll be text and an avatar on top of it remember ;p

Simplicity is key.
Now go get making.
Now.

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by NanaFreak on 05-17-2008 at 09:05 AM

Here are some of the deigns that Willz has made for us:

[Image: Ev0_Black.png]

[Image: Ev0_White.png]

[Image: IronMan.png]

[Image: SpeedRacer.png]

[Image: WLMDefault.png]

[Image: ZeroG_Black_noflag.png]

[Image: ZeroG_LBlue_flag.png]

thats all the main designs... some just come in more colours than what is showed here

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by Jimbo on 05-17-2008 at 09:40 AM

They look so nice!, btw is every signature going to be added or just the winning ones or what?

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by NanaFreak on 05-17-2008 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
They look so nice!, btw is every signature going to be added or just the winning ones or what?
we are going to make a shortlist of the submitted signatures... then it will be votes that will decide what ones will be in and not... but you know... they can be added later if us admins like them and they dont win (6)
RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by Wally on 05-18-2008 at 11:07 AM

Ok guys here are the ones i made today tell me what you think, also im looking for ideas so if anyone has any just send me a pm.

[Image: God%20Of%20War%20.png]

[Image: Portal.png]

[Image: Vista%20.png]

And people listen to Vax on this "Simplicity is key" unfortantly i learnt this after making the first 2 sigs :P good luck.

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by mynetx on 10-19-2008 at 05:41 PM

Is Web2Live down? I get some very strange loading delays here in the boards, some Avatars only show the alt-text "Avatar", I get some "Connection to the server failed. Try again later" toasts, and the website is not reachable either (Ping fails too). So what's up with the service?

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by NanaFreak on 10-20-2008 at 02:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Is Web2Live down? I get some very strange loading delays here in the boards, some Avatars only show the alt-text "Avatar", I get some "Connection to the server failed. Try again later" toasts, and the website is not reachable either (Ping fails too). So what's up with the service?
the web2live server has had to go down due to hardware problems... we cannot help the long delays with the loading times... its just the browser trying to get the image... sorry

the server should be back online soon, we do not even know what the problem is at the moment... we will inform you all of what has happened after we get the server back online

thanks

edit: as you can tell with my signature/avatar the service is down =p

edit 2: well we have the server back, the script should be working fine but at the moment the signatures are down, this may be fixed soon or give it another 24 hours.

The forum database was not able to be fully recovered so it will have to be re-created, but that is only a minor issue as only about 4 people used it anyway :D

the issue with the server was a hard-drive failure but we were able to save almost everything, nothing important was lost other than a little thing to make the signatures work which should be fixed soon as i have already said

thanks again
RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by markee on 10-20-2008 at 11:51 PM

Just to let you know, we have the server working again (and also another domain of ours on there....) so these delays should go away now.

More details about the issue:
We suddenly kept getting BSODs and at first our host thought it was the RAM, then it continued and they ran some hardware diagnostics.  They felt as the hardware diagnostics were taking too long that it was the HDD (after many hours of waiting).  I then had to recover what I could in between BSODs before they replaced the HDD and everything.  Since then we have reinstalled everything and set it back up to roughly what it was before.

After having this problem, I can say that paying a little bit extra with The Planet was definitely worth it and would recommend dedicated servers though them for anyone else.

If anyone notices anything strange with the signatures or the script, please let us know so that we can look into it.  When we moved to the current server, we had some issues, but noone told us, your help would be really appreciated.

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by ekuleri on 01-13-2009 at 10:36 PM

I can't create the signature please help me.

My messenger is live 2009 and i install last msn plus.

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by ekuleri on 01-13-2009 at 11:24 PM

any body help me

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by NanaFreak on 01-14-2009 at 12:22 AM

i was just able to make this image:

[Image: Test.png]

i am using:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.1202
Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.353

There is no problem with Web2Live and the latest update...

Are you going to: Script Ment > Web2Live > Get Signature Codes > Press the + Button (at the top, just under the header) > Select what you want > Click Save > Click Next > Click Copy BBCode > Close

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by ekuleri on 01-14-2009 at 01:28 PM

thank you that worked

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by NanaFreak on 03-16-2009 at 08:12 PM

Sorry to everyone who uses this script but we (markee and I) have decided to shut down the server which hosts it as it is costing too much money and we dont have the time to be able to work on it anymore.

We hope that in the future we will be able to start this up again or work on other projects as big as this one.

Again we are very sorry

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by mynetx on 03-16-2009 at 08:35 PM

Too bad to hear this, NanaFreak, markee.

Web2Live has always had interesting features that none of the other available Web Status projects ever had, such as Message sending, lossless image scaling and custom style formats. In its 1 year 238 days after the first public Alpha release, Web2Live has provided a continuous online percentage (unlike any other script), I have hardly ever seen an error message appearing. More than 6,000 users can't be wrong, hmm? Web2Live was the project where I started to get inspired from, it was a script I kept using and having enabled all the time, and I am really sad about your decision to close the project down.

Thanks for these nearly 20 months!

> View the original Digg by Discrate
> Original presentation thread on msghelp.net, by markee

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by NanaFreak on 03-17-2009 at 06:22 AM

Thanks for that mynetx... even though our script had things that your didnt it was the same way around... and its not that its not popular or well coded but we just cant afford it as of now...

I am hoping to start up a premium version of Web2Live when I get a home server and new internet but that will cost money to use (unless you are a really good friend). But i dont see that happening any time soon...

I hope you have more luck than us mynetx!

And I will be making more online project later (probably a year or so) so keep a look-out in a while =p

RE: [Release] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 28/04/2008) by markee on 03-17-2009 at 08:41 AM

MyNetX, that really means a lot to me that you would write something so nice.  The server was becoming too expensive and I recently moved out of home.  Also I have had no time in about a year to work on the script so it was severely lacking many fixes it required.  There is some good backbone structure there and I was improving the methods of making it scalable, but I simple didn't have the time or money to continue.  Maybe later I will come back to scripting and take it up, but for now I am focusing on my last year of studies, working hard to stay ahead and applying for full time graduate jobs for the start of next year.

Thanks again for everyone's support over the time.

RE: [Removed] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 17/03/2009) by MeEtc on 03-17-2009 at 04:42 PM

If you two want, I can continue to host any existing users. And tbh, if it wasn't for NanaFreak 'showing me something cool' one day, I would have never gotten off my feet to start making scripts myself. Its been a good run, sorry to see it go.

RE: [Removed] Web2Live v1.00.08 (updated: 17/03/2009) by NanaFreak on 03-17-2009 at 09:03 PM

I think i will just put links up to both your sites on the main page, when i can get the server working again... and i remember the something cool, which still is cool...