Shoutbox

Scripts not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Scripts not working (/showthread.php?tid=82602)

Scripts not working by Boomhower on 03-23-2008 at 11:25 PM

I use the reduceMEM script on my msn. It is a nessescity to me. I can't have msn taking all that memory. but yesterday when i log on it seems the script isnt working. All my scripts were gone. When i tried to re download and install the scripts it said. "Script Loaded but failed to open"

Does anyone know how to fucking fix this shit. I'm pissed off and i need this fixed ASAP.

RE: Scripts not working by Patchou on 03-24-2008 at 12:02 AM

My first guess would be that you have an antivirus installed that 's blocking all the scripts. Either that or JScript has a problem on your system and Windows needs to be repaired.

RE: Scripts not working by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I use the reduceMEM script on my msn. It is a nessescity to me. I can't have msn taking all that memory.
Big misconception here. Even if you use that script, your messenger will still be using the same amount of memory. The script only reduces the memory usage _temporary_. In fact, if you think about it, it also slows down Messenger since Messenger constantly needs to reinitialize and re-assign all the memory.

This also means that you can do well without this script. Because if you couldn't (because of lack of memory or whatever), Messenger wouldn't even be able to run properly in the first place.

Also note that some scripts (and/or other addons) can cause all other scripts to malfunction. Is ReduceMEM the only script you have installed or are there others?
RE: Scripts not working by Boomhower on 03-24-2008 at 12:46 AM

I do not have an anti virus so that couldn't be the problem. Also how would i fix this?

Also I have a couple others installed but it all worked fine until the other day. I had not downloaded any new scripts for months, so I dont think thats the prob either

RE: Scripts not working by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 01:01 AM

What are those other scripts/addons?

Check if you are still unabe to run the other scripts if you actually remove the ReduceMEM script. Remove it, then enable the other scripts, and reboot.

Also, check if everything is ok with your Windows installation, like Patchou said.
Go to Windows Update to check if you need any updates.
Also,you may want to (re)install Windows Scripting Host 5.7.

RE: Scripts not working by Boomhower on 03-24-2008 at 01:07 AM

It will not even let me see the script prefrences.
[Image: 9a60py.jpg]
Then if I go to the long way of getting there all my scripts are not there anymore and when I try to load more in it says this
[Image: 30de435.jpg]

RE: Scripts not working by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 05:34 AM

From the first screenshot I can see that you're running some sort of addon. What is that 'SS' icon for? Try to disable/uninstall it...

RE: Scripts not working by Boomhower on 03-24-2008 at 05:37 AM

Thats sexy skin
and ill try that

RE: Scripts not working by Boomhower on 03-25-2008 at 09:53 PM

yea didn't work

RE: Scripts not working by ahmetgns on 03-29-2008 at 12:31 PM

Try this one

RE: Scripts not working by CookieRevised on 03-29-2008 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Try this one
(re)installing the windows scripting host is exactly what that does. The only difference is that you don't need to download an obscure file from a 3rd party site of which you don't know what version it is, tampered with, etc. On top of that it will fix other problems. ;)

not saying it will work, but (re)installing the official setup of the Windows scripting host is better than just registering a dll which might even be not the correct version