Shoutbox

[split] Accessing chat logs without the password - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [split] Accessing chat logs without the password (/showthread.php?tid=82609)

RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs by lavabass on 03-24-2008 at 01:40 AM

I have a problem...
I read earlier the thing about "You can't really do anything without the password"

But... Well, here's my story:

I had a girlfriend that was very paranoid, and she thought that I was chatting to other girls online and then deleting my chat logs, so to put her mind at ease I let her put a password on them.
Now we aren't together and she is being childish and not letting me have the password, and I need to access my chat logs to aquire some important information that I need for my college work. I could just ask the person that gave me the information to give me it again, but you can see the inconveniance right?

Hope you can help
Lavabass
X

RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 05:39 AM

As stated several times, there is no way to decrypt a chatlog if you don't have the correct password. It is not possible I'm afraid.

RE: [split] Accessing chat logs without the password by Adeptus on 03-24-2008 at 05:43 PM

Should padlocks have an "open without key" button, in case you let your girlfriend chain you to the basement wall and she decides to leave you there and go on a vacation?

100% of your inconvenience results from not thinking through what you were doing...