Shoutbox

[Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin (/showthread.php?tid=82703)

[Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Willz on 03-27-2008 at 10:54 AM

Release #3 for the month of March. After an exhaustive effort I am now ready to release what is indeed an advanced skin.

Iron Man does not follow the normal design of windows live messenger like most of my other skins. This is skin can not really be described in writing, it is something you have to experience for yourself to believe.

Enjoy this release everyone and expect more skins like this soon :)

[Image: IronMan.png]

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 ONLY
Requires Messenger Plus! Live 4.60

DOWNLOAD

Willz.

RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by prashker on 03-27-2008 at 11:04 AM

swwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttt

RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by aNILEator on 03-27-2008 at 11:21 AM

Is this the same build I already have Will?

And to everybody this truly is an amazing skin, it's the first I'd judge as a 'real' skin similar to that of Windows Media Player.

Now give us Batman Skin!

RE: RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Willz on 03-27-2008 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Is this the same build I already have Will?

And to everybody this truly is an amazing skin, it's the first I'd judge as a 'real' skin similar to that of Windows Media Player.

Now give us Batman Skin!

No it isn't Nile, this build has gold Display picture borders and the games panel has a container. Asides from that it is essentially the same build.

Batman eh :P sure why not. On my to-do list.
RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Eddie on 03-27-2008 at 11:30 AM

After changing a few very basic settings in the options panel, my messenger refuses to show itself, it loads but i cannot see it at all :(

The only options i changed, were to hide a few of the buttons at the top and separate the events bar.

RE: RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Willz on 03-27-2008 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
After changing a few very basic settings in the options panel, my messenger refuses to show itself, it loads but i cannot see it at all :(

The only options i changed, were to hide a few of the buttons at the top and separate the events bar.

Ok firstly do you have messenger plus 4.60 and wlm 8.5 (always gotta ask that first :P)

If you do, then go to C:/Program Files/Messenger Plus Live!/Skins/Iron Man

and see if you can see a skintrace.txt file, if there is one just put up what is in it here. Though I tested this skin myself and sent it to nile as well just in case and I'm sure everything was fine.

*EDIT

found the issue myself, appears to be something weird going on with plus button hiding. I'll check it out now and send a fix to menthix straight away.... hmm strange i didn't have this issue before.
RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Jesus on 03-27-2008 at 11:42 AM

quote:
same here, deleted the skin's dir and it's working again (not the skin ofcourse:P)

for the rest, very nice work Willz
RE: RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Chunk1993 on 03-27-2008 at 11:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
quote:
same here, deleted the skin's dir and it's working again (not the skin ofcourse:P)

Same :|
Its a great skin though. Thanks :D
RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Th3rmal on 03-27-2008 at 11:47 AM

wow, you go you awesome skinner you.Great skin and a good demonstration of things that are *hopefully* about to come

RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Justin on 03-27-2008 at 11:55 AM

Just like to say fantastic skin, but I am having the same problem here Willz. Heres what the skintrace said:

08/03/27 11:52:02| **** The trace has started ****
08/03/27 11:52:02| Skin: IronMan 1.0.0
08/03/27 11:52:02| Messenger version: 8.5.1302.1018 (en-us)
08/03/27 11:52:02| Messenger Plus! version: 4.60.324
08/03/27 11:52:02| Last definition file loaded: 923
08/03/27 11:52:02| Last picture file loaded: 395
08/03/27 11:52:02| DUIParserFailure: Mismatched tag 'MToolbar' 257
08/03/27 11:52:15| DUIParserFailure: Mismatched tag 'MToolbar' 257
08/03/27 11:52:22| DUIParserFailure: Mismatched tag 'MToolbar' 257
08/03/27 11:52:25| DUIParserFailure: Mismatched tag 'MToolbar' 257

RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Eddie on 03-27-2008 at 11:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
quote:

You didn't have to do that you know, just go to add/remove software and click change/remove Messenger Plus! Live! and click Repair :)

EDIT: To Willz reply, yes i am always up to date with the latest versions of pretty much everything, so you do not have to worry about that, I'm using WAM2.0 as i type this [loving it by the way], and i did not select to hide ANY of the Messenger Plus! buttons *-)
RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Willz on 03-27-2008 at 12:03 PM

blergh +o( i got my definitions directories confused and an earlier file was in there. It's ok its all fixed now. Sending to menthix, for all those having issues please just download the new version when its up and all will be well.

The issues were spaces, messenger plus and scripts. The uifile that was included was a point where i was experimenting with the button restructure that allows the fading effect to happen.

RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Menthix on 03-27-2008 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Sending to menthix
Gogogo, use the private addy :p.

RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by aNILEator on 03-27-2008 at 12:13 PM

I AM IRON MAAAAAAAAN! Der-ner-ner-ner-ner....

See it is describable with words :P

RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Willz on 03-27-2008 at 12:14 PM

ok done sent. go go gadget upload :P

That's what I get for not taking a day off, 3 releases in under 4 days lol ugh.

edit

hehe love the title nile :P

RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by aNILEator on 03-27-2008 at 12:22 PM

Shame we can't add sounds to our skins eh :P

RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Nagamasa on 03-27-2008 at 12:25 PM

quote:
I agree!

I am so glad I haven't got anything to release this week :)

The design is soo Willz-like.!
RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Willz on 03-27-2008 at 12:27 PM

quote:

tell ya what, when we can ill get you to say IRONNNNNMAAAAAAAAAN! and well make that the sign in sound :P

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa

Lol so now we have Willz-like huh :P awesome I have my own standard :P

*Edit Iron Man is now safe citizens. My lesson learnt today: Spread out releases more so that I'm not juggling and exhausting myself :P life goes on.
RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Eddie on 03-27-2008 at 12:43 PM

quote:
*Edit Iron Man is now safe citizens. My lesson learnt today: Spread out releases more so that I'm not juggling and exhausting myself :P life goes on.
* Eddie personally does not mind a hiccup or two if your skins are all at the super high quality of this and others you have come up with since day dot :D
RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by aNILEator on 03-27-2008 at 12:46 PM

willz your quick quote has gone fubar :P

RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Menthix on 03-27-2008 at 01:12 PM

aNILEator your English has gone fubar :p

RE: RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by Nagamasa on 03-27-2008 at 01:17 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa

Lol so now we have Willz-like huh :P awesome I have my own standard :P
Willz phails at quoting nonetheless :p Your skins all have an orb (or something) in the corner of the contact list. :)

I find the contact list a little hard to read cause there's too much detail in between contacts in the "regular" size.

I'm still seeing what features there are though :P
RE: [Release] Iron Man - An Advanced skin by blessedguy on 03-27-2008 at 06:33 PM

quote:
Iron Man is now safe citizens. My lesson learnt today: Spread out releases more so that I'm not juggling and exhausting myself :P life goes on.
You really gotta release about 10 times beofre uploading to the database!! or at least check each part of it...
Nice work! (and finally a skin that really changes messenger)