Shoutbox

Looking for something for my desk - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Looking for something for my desk (/showthread.php?tid=82744)

Looking for something for my desk by user27089 on 03-28-2008 at 11:55 PM

Hi, my workstation is getting a bit cluttered with wires and the like, so I'm looking for a shelf that sits on my desk (raised) to put my monitor and speakers on with the wireless adaptor and amplifier under. I can't seem to find them anywhere and I just really need to know what the name of the things are, because it's my 18th on Sunday and I'm going to invest some of my cash on one of those.

RE: Looking for something for my desk by NiteMare on 03-29-2008 at 12:01 AM

wouldn't like 3 peices of wood work just as well?

RE: Looking for something for my desk by aNILEator on 03-29-2008 at 12:16 AM

Make your own :D, get it just right then :D

Space for monitor and slide your keyboard underneath or something

RE: Looking for something for my desk by pollolibredegrasa on 03-29-2008 at 12:16 AM

Try looking for something along the lines of "monitor stand" or monitor riser", there are some results on Amazon.co.uk that I think may possibly suit your needs (e.g: this).

Hope this helps. :)

RE: Looking for something for my desk by CookieRevised on 03-29-2008 at 01:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
wouldn't like 3 peices of wood work just as well?
make that 4 (3 pieces will not be strong enough and will wobble), but yeah, personally I wouldn't spend my money on buying a shelf when I can make it myself very easly...
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Make your own :D, get it just right then :D
aye, and finish it with some black spray paint... very cheap and made custom fit...

PS: There is already a thread with this very same question, a long time ago. It included a plan of how you can make such a shelf yourself out of MDF. /me starts megasearch:
CookieRevised's reply to is it alright to put my 17inch monitor on top of my horizontal x360?
better detailed picture: CookieRevised's reply to is it alright to put my 17inch monitor on top of my horizontal x360?

;)
RE: Looking for something for my desk by user27089 on 03-29-2008 at 08:34 AM

Thank you for the ideas, the problem is that I don't really have any time to make myself a monitor stand because of my final coursework and exams before uni; plus, knowing me I'd make it look awful, so I'll probably just buy one.

Also, it's unlikely that I'd be able to get a nice finish for the wood that'd go with the rest of the furniture in my bedroom, so I think I should just look for one.

RE: Looking for something for my desk by LieutenantPetrelli on 03-29-2008 at 04:59 PM

ide look at home depot they should have something