Shoutbox

Skin Ratings Suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Skin Ratings Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=82792)

Skin Ratings Suggestion by Th3rmal on 03-30-2008 at 12:10 AM

I dont think enough people rate the skins and scripts, so maybe we could add a window/option in the scripts and skins that allows you to rate the skin/script while using WLM, and then the rating is uploaded to the database, instead of having to come to the Plus! site, finding the specific script/skin and rating it. This way i think that skins/scripts will get more people rating them because its less of a hassle. This way we can get a better idea of how good a skin is, because right now the number of rating : number of downloads ratio is not very balanced.

RE: Skin Ratings Suggestion by blessedguy on 03-30-2008 at 12:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
I dont think enough people rate the skins and scripts, so maybe we could add a window/option in the scripts and skins that allows you to rate the skin/script while using WLM, and then the rating is uploaded to the database, instead of having to come to the Plus! site, finding the specific script/skin and rating it. This way i think that skins/scripts will get more people rating them because its less of a hassle. This way we can get a better idea of how good a skin is, because right now the number of rating : number of downloads ratio is not very balanced.
yeah..good idea!
how about that Patchou...? would that be possible?

RE: Skin Ratings Suggestion by aNILEator on 03-30-2008 at 07:31 AM

some skins have this in already with a link back to the database (I'm thinking itunes+)

RE: Skin Ratings Suggestion by Basilis on 03-30-2008 at 10:00 AM

Good idea. Another one is: When you rate a skin, you can't rate it again. So I think that when a skin is updated, then you should be able to rate it again in case you like the changes made.

RE: Skin Ratings Suggestion by blessedguy on 03-30-2008 at 12:17 PM

also think like basilis...
and the link back to database, i don't know if a 3rd link would be nice in my options panel =)
isn't there a way to turn links (all them) into buttons?