Shoutbox

[Sug] Personal Message per contact, group, Tag - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Sug] Personal Message per contact, group, Tag (/showthread.php?tid=82796)

[Sug] Personal Message per contact, group, Tag by Nehemoth on 03-30-2008 at 01:03 AM

Don't know if this is possible but as Patchou used to make the impossible things otherwise...

What about a function that let you put personal messages per contact or per group.

In the case of per group I know is possible as I believe the Mac Messenger has this feature.

ie. a message for my friends and other one for my colleagues or business partners.

I would like to go farther, ie. as I don't use my messenger in groups views, instead I use online/offline amazing would be that I could Tag my buddies so they're become a group.

Lets say for example that I would tag some of my friends with the Personal Tag and for that tag I would use a X personal message, for the users tagged as Partners another one, and for the
family tag even another one.

What do you think?

RE: [Sug] Personal Message per contact, group, Tag by MeEtc on 03-30-2008 at 01:20 AM

This is not possible because of the way the messenger protocol works.  When you change your PSM, it gets sent to the Messenger server. Then, the server will inform all contacts of the change. There's only room to store one PSM at a time, therefore impossible to show a different PSM for different contacts.

RE: [Sug] Personal Message per contact, group, Tag by Nehemoth on 03-30-2008 at 01:23 AM

But Impossible, Impossible?, Cause on Mac OS you can Have two.

Well was a nice suggestion... :- )

RE: [Sug] Personal Message per contact, group, Tag by MattyRid on 03-30-2008 at 01:35 AM

As far as I know ALL versions of messenger (Windows Live and Mac Messenger) can only have 1 PSM at any one time. And having dealt with macs every so often as part of what I do, I don't think I'm far off the mark at all.

RE: RE: [Sug] Personal Message per contact, group, Tag by Nehemoth on 03-30-2008 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
As far as I know ALL versions of messenger (Windows Live and Mac Messenger) can only have 1 PSM at any one time. And having dealt with macs every so often as part of what I do, I don't think I'm far off the mark at all.

Really?

I saw a picture of Mac version of Messenger with two personal messages.

It looks like was a muck up.

a picture part of this one
[Image: msn_5_0_screenshot.jpg]
RE: [Sug] Personal Message per contact, group, Tag by MeEtc on 03-30-2008 at 02:00 AM

Ahh, right. Messenger for mac allows you to be signed in twice. Once to MSN, the other to LCS. That explains the 2 PSM's