Shoutbox

Way to know what font person is using? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Way to know what font person is using? (/showthread.php?tid=82827)

Way to know what font person is using? by projectAce on 03-30-2008 at 10:30 PM

I've searched the forums for font imitate or font stealer but I really dont WANT the ACTUAL font file or have a script to set it for me....is there a way, perhaps a script that can TELL me what font that is? I have a Contact Imitate/Stealer script and basically not having the same font as them doesn't make it as 100% clone. Usually, I can figure out [what the person is using] the font such as Comic Sans because the way it looks and  then I can completely mimick them. Any suggestions guys? [Doesn't HAVE to be a script] Thanks a lot.

RE: Way to know what font person is using? by CookieRevised on 03-31-2008 at 12:01 AM

If you read all those other threads, you'll notice that none of those scripts get you the actuall font file. That is not possible because the font file is never send to you. All those other threads are about how to get the font _name_. So they do answer your question.

I'm not going to repeat yet again what has been written in those already many threads about this subject, I highly suggest to read them instead. But the bottom line is that you can only get the name with a packet sniffer.

Oh, and you will never be able to completely mimick them because it might well be that the contact is using a font which you don't have on your local PC.

;)

And I find cloners like that not funny but childish, but maybe that's just me

RE: Way to know what font person is using? by projectAce on 03-31-2008 at 12:10 AM

Oh I see...Usually in the other threads what I saw were people [maybe begging] for a font stealing script but I just wanted to know just the names [assuming they are using standard fonts]. I didnt' quite see the packet sniffer suggestions. I'll look into that. Thanks a lot for the help though :D .Appreciate it.

RE: Way to know what font person is using? by bigb88 on 03-31-2008 at 12:11 AM

MessengerDiscovery Live will

once u install it click on the icon on the system tray and then go to contacts and it shows the font they typin in if i rem right

RE: Way to know what font person is using? by CookieRevised on 03-31-2008 at 12:15 AM

yeah, when people say 'font stealing' they usually mean getting the name (so their conversation window font can be set to that), not actually getting the font file.

The packet sniffing suggestion is in every thread about font stealing though. Problem is, there is no decent, 100% working packet sniffer available. The best thing you can use is Xniff, but that has many very serious problems which makes it actually not useable for a public script.

RE: RE: Way to know what font person is using? by projectAce on 03-31-2008 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bigb88
MessengerDiscovery Live will

once u install it click on the icon on the system tray and then go to contacts and it shows the font they typin in if i rem right

:D Thanks....woow...sounds cool the other features it has. Thanks a lot!

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
yeah, when people say 'font stealing' they usually mean getting the name (so their conversation window font can be set to that), not actually getting the font file.

The packet sniffing suggestion is in every thread about font stealing though. Problem is, there is no decent, 100% working packet sniffer available. The best thing you can use is Xniff, but that has many very serious problems which makes it actually not useable for a public script.

0o0 ok...Im convinced not to use the sniffers now lol. Thanks.
RE: Way to know what font person is using? by riahc4 on 04-02-2008 at 02:00 AM

Well whats the best way to get the font's name?

RE: Way to know what font person is using? by CookieRevised on 04-02-2008 at 09:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Well whats the best way to get the font's name?
:dodgy:
1- Read all the other threads about this subject.
2- It is stated several times in this thread that the only way to get the name is using a sniffer