Shoutbox

How to configure MSN Messenger using SMS - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How to configure MSN Messenger using SMS (/showthread.php?tid=82886)

How to configure MSN Messenger using SMS by izzi on 04-02-2008 at 06:17 AM

How to configure MSN Messenger so that I can sign in using SMS and receive and reply message through SMS. Like the other messenger, my status will change to 'mobile'. I've tried step by step to configure it but failed. Can anyone help me?

RE: How to configure MSN Messenger using SMS by NiteMare on 04-02-2008 at 06:24 AM

you need to go to mobile.msn.com to create you msn mobile acount first, which will tie your msn account to your cell phone number

RE: How to configure MSN Messenger using SMS by izzi on 04-02-2008 at 07:26 AM

I tried to setup using the windows live messenger screen , Tools -  Edit your mobile setting. And I've registered my mobile number there. if I checked the box (Allow people in my contacts list to send messages to my mobile device), my contacts should see my status as Mobile and all the message should go to my mobile as SMS, but it didn't work.

I think that's the right thing to configure it.

RE: How to configure MSN Messenger using SMS by RaceProUK on 04-02-2008 at 02:04 PM

The Mobile service isn't available in all countries, and even where it is, it's not on all networks. It may just purely be that you can't get it.