Shoutbox

Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live - Official Now - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live - Official Now (/showthread.php?tid=82899)

Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live - Official Now by Basilis on 04-02-2008 at 07:40 PM

Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live. Compatible with the latest version which supports Messenger 2009. Just download the file and copy it into Languages folder of Messenger Plus! Live. For any mistakes you may find in it, just post them here and I will correct them. You may now enjoy you favorite Messenger add-on. Thanks for downloading! :)

[Image: translationyf9.png]

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by telis93 on 04-02-2008 at 07:42 PM

how can we get the translator title?

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by GiantSpider on 04-02-2008 at 07:46 PM

It would have to be included in the next release to be considered an official translation and for you to get your translator tags.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Basilis on 04-02-2008 at 07:50 PM

So, now we have to wait for Patchou. I think he must sent us an installer with which we can test our translation. Is that right?

Sorry to double post but I posted in order to refresh the thread and let Patchou see it because he is online now. So, what do we have to do now?
RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by CookieRevised on 04-04-2008 at 07:53 AM

Wait for someone to confirm that this translation is ok and no mistakes are made. Then wait for Patchou to confirm.

But note that in order to include your translation, the translation should be used by a lot of people of your country.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Basilis on 04-05-2008 at 04:26 PM

What person will confirm that it has no mistakes? There are not too many Greek members here.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Rik on 04-05-2008 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Wait for someone to confirm that this translation is ok and no mistakes are made. Then wait for Patchou to confirm.

But note that in order to include your translation, the translation should be used by a lot of people of your country.
I'm actually surprised MsgPlus! doesn't have a greek translation. Maybe this will bring more greek people to use Plus! and maybe the reason why it doesn't have much users is because they cannot understand much (or nothing :undecided:) because of the different alphabet.
Did you contact Patchou by e-mail?
RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Basilis on 04-05-2008 at 06:29 PM

Everyone I know is using Plus! but actually, as you mentioned they don't understand what some functions do. So I translated it in order to help them use the incredible features Plus! has to offer. I have contacted Patchou to translate the website, before I began the Plus! translation but I was told by ahmetgns that I had to translate Plus itself first. I never got an answer from Patchou though.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Rik on 04-05-2008 at 07:18 PM

Lets hope he sees this. This would be really good for Plus! i think :P and nice work translating it (y)

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Panos on 04-06-2008 at 03:41 PM

I downloaded the translation and it is really great.Actually I'm pretty good at English but there were some complicated functions in Plus! which I could not understand...So  congratulations to _Basilis_ and _telis93_. This translation should definetely be included in the next version. It would help too many Greek users I know.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Mike on 04-08-2008 at 07:38 PM

Good job Basilis ;)
Hope this gets included in the next version since some school friends need a translation for MP!L :P

Small bug: Config -> Messenger -> Istoriko Gegonoton: You used "F" and "K" as an Alt-Key two times.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Basilis on 04-13-2008 at 04:49 PM

Thanks guys. Mike, thanks for pointing me out the bug. I fixed it along with some other bugs I found. Let's hope that Patchou sees this thread soon! :)

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by pkouts on 04-15-2008 at 03:25 PM

The translation is great Basilis. I would really like to thank you for the great work you did along with telis93. I never understood some features of Plus! and know I am able to use everything thanks to you! Great job, Kid

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by ren0s on 04-15-2008 at 04:29 PM

up to now i couldn't use many plus! features..now that i have the greek translation it's better..thanx,man!

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Basilis on 05-07-2008 at 07:25 AM

I am back after two weeks but I still haven't got a reply from Patchou. He is online so I have to bump the thread to make him see it, sorry for that.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by CookieRevised on 05-07-2008 at 09:57 AM

(helping to bumb this)

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Note: 36 people had downloaded it. Hope it will be added soon.
36 downloads (and the new version just 16 downloads) is absolutely nothing considering that some languages are used by thousands of people.

-----------------
PS: I've also requested this thread to be sticked so it doesn't dissapear in the new threads page...
RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Basilis on 05-07-2008 at 11:10 AM

How many people have to see the translation to be considered popular?

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by CookieRevised on 05-07-2008 at 06:52 PM

A long time ago the threshold for the amount of people using the language was 10000 before the language was accepted in the setup. Dunno what it is now, but 16 to 36 downloads sure is too little I think

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Basilis on 05-08-2008 at 08:32 PM

You mean that 10000 people must download the file in order to be included? Or it can be checked in an other way? I know Greek was included in 3.63 version so this means it was used by a lot of people that probably still use it. It is the only language from that version that doesn't exist in the new one.

P.S. Thanks for reminding WDZ to stick the thread. I really appreciate your help!

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by ahmetgns on 05-08-2008 at 09:05 PM

quote:
You mean that 10000 people must download the file in order to be included? Or it can be checked in an other way? I know Greek was included in 3.63 version so this means it was used by a lot of people that probably still use it. It is the only language from that version that doesn't exist in the new one.

P.S. Thanks for reminding WDZ to stick the thread. I really appreciate your help!
Patchou keeps statistics about use per language like posted here: http://www.msgpluslive.net/news/2007/07/08/messen...-around-the-world/

If you set the LanguageID correctly for your country in your translation file, Patchou will see the usage amount of your language too I think.
RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live available by Basilis on 05-08-2008 at 09:14 PM

But the language is not included in the program. The number will not correspond to the true number of users in Greece. The languages I saw in the link you provided are included in the program and so Patchou can check their usage.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.326 available by ahmetgns on 05-08-2008 at 09:38 PM

quote:
But the language is not included in the program. The number will not correspond to the true number of users in Greece. The languages I saw in the link you provided are included in the program and so Patchou can check their usage.
Your translation's download count will also not show the real user number. But if you spread your Greek translation everywhere, Greek people will download and use it and both things (download count and Patchou's statistics) will increase and Patchou may take it into consideration then.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.326 available by Basilis on 05-09-2008 at 04:39 PM

Is that what all the translators need to do? Cause I can't imagine how I can make my translation so famous that it will reach 10000 people using it. It is sure that there are 10000 Greek users but they don't use my translation as they don't know about it so Patchou cannot see it in his statistics.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.326 available by Voldemort on 05-09-2008 at 07:33 PM

quote:
10000 people using her.
oh, poor her, everyone uses her, and Basilis wants to make people think she's a whore.
RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.326 available by Basilis on 05-09-2008 at 07:38 PM

Haha :) Thanks for pointing out the mistake. Corrected now!

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=46734

The link is for a thread that proves Plus! is used from at least 7000 people and the statistics are from 2005. In the years, I can't believe the number has not gone above 10000 users.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.326 available by Johnson on 07-31-2008 at 07:20 PM

Very nice,well done Basilis.:)

I use it and it's perfect!:D

It should included in Plus!,we wanna see this greek translation inside Plus!;)

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.326 available by Basilis on 08-01-2008 at 01:56 PM

Thanks Johnson. Well, let's hope Patchou will include it in Plus! 4.70 which I think will be coming soon.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.326 available by ag008 on 08-02-2008 at 10:17 AM

Hope and with Croatian!
Because I don't wont to make translation for nothing!

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.326 available by CookieRevised on 08-02-2008 at 04:18 PM

quote:
Well, let's hope Patchou will include it in Plus! 4.70 which I think will be coming soon.
I'm afraid it wont be included in this release... Unless you are (or become (yn)) an official translator and thus have access to the beta.

The underlying reason is:
The next release of Plus! (4.70) is going to include new visible elements. This means that there needs to be a new translation for those elements. This means that unofficial translations will not be added to that release since those translators do not have access to the beta versions in order to provide accurate up-to-date translations (It also means that official translations which aren't updated before the deadline will be removed from the next release).

quote:
Originally posted by ag008
Hope and with Croatian!
Because I don't wont to make translation for nothing!
I'm almost certain yours will not be added. For further discussion, see CookieRevised's reply to Croatian translation! FINISHED!.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.326 available by Basilis on 08-02-2008 at 06:34 PM

Hey, I know there will be changes and because of that I asked Patchou to contact me if he is interested in adding Greek so that he can send me the file and then I will translate the new srings. I guess Greek was removed because the official translators didn't bother translating it again but now that there are new translators and the translation is confirmed to be fine, it is unfair if it is not added in the end.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.0.334 by Basilis on 08-10-2008 at 06:52 PM

I updated the translation to version 4.7 as fast as I could. Check the first post! :)

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by kostas_pav on 08-16-2008 at 08:07 PM

I just downloaded the translationg file and it's great!(Y)

Let's hope it'll be added in the following versions of Messenger Plus! Live.:D

I remember in the past that it was officially supported.*-)

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by KazLuvsTwilight on 08-18-2008 at 04:31 PM

good translation on the greek :)

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by mynetx on 09-27-2008 at 07:10 AM

Isn't the ISO code for Greek "el"?

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by Basilis on 09-27-2008 at 08:20 AM

So I should change the LanguageId in the file from "gr" to "el"?

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by ahmetgns on 09-27-2008 at 08:34 AM

It should be "gr" I think. Check Wikipedia

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by Basilis on 09-27-2008 at 08:38 AM

.gr is for Greek websites. I found in Google that the ISO code is "el". So?

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by mynetx on 09-27-2008 at 08:41 AM

I dont know what Messenger itself is using, internally. However, the website is "el"... http://download.live.com/?mkt=el. I don't know what to do, I just wanted to drop this remark in case it is important.

Edit: the full ISO code is "el-gr", thus "Greek-Greece".
RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by Basilis on 09-27-2008 at 08:49 AM

But I checked all the other language files and they only have two letters. So I need to put either gr or el. Someone who knows what I should finally put there?

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by djdannyp on 09-27-2008 at 10:40 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1 would seem to suggest that you just use "gr"

as all of the other ids used in the plus language files are the two digit codes listed there

The expanded codes to include country and langauge only appear to be used when there are two different versions of the language included (such as zh-cn and zh-tw for the two versions of chinese spoken in china and taiwan)

hope this clears things up for you :)

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by Basilis on 09-27-2008 at 10:50 AM

OK, I will stick to gr. Thank you very much for helping me. :)

RE: RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 by djdannyp on 09-27-2008 at 10:54 AM

quote:
OK, I will stick to gr. Thank you very much for helping me. :)

no worries, keep up the good work, i'm sure the greek community appreciates it (Y)
RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.342 by Basilis on 11-01-2008 at 10:11 AM

The translation is now compatible with the latest version of Messenger Plus! Live. See first post.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.342 by Eddie on 11-01-2008 at 12:54 PM

I dont speek greek, but i have friends who do, and they appreciate your work :) I've lobbed them this file now, good work on keeping it up to date very quickly! :)

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.342 by Basilis on 11-01-2008 at 01:26 PM

Thanks Eddie. You help in making this more popular. :)

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.342 by Jasonman on 12-14-2008 at 10:09 AM

Well-done !!!!!Bravooo.ayto perimena

WHERE IS THE GREEK LANGUAGE !!i don't find it when i install it!!!

Greek Traslation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.342 by Basilis on 12-14-2008 at 10:42 AM

The language has not yet been included in the installer. This will be done probably in the next official release of Messenger Plus!

Den exei mpei akoma mesa sto programma h glwssa. Mallon tha mpei to Febrouario. Diabase tis odhgies sto arxiko post gia to pws na baleis th glwssa mesa. Einai poly eykolo. :)

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.342 by Jasonman on 12-23-2008 at 08:31 AM

ok!!!

Greek Traslation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.353 by Basilis on 01-11-2009 at 03:19 PM

Translation updated again and is fully compatible with the new Messenger Plus! that is also fully compatible with the latest version of Messenger 2009. 

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.353 by Jasonman on 01-11-2009 at 03:31 PM

WOW!!!!! EPITELOUS !!!GOOOOD ..The new build number is 353. Even better, Messenger Plus! Live 4.80 will officially be released before the end of the month :-). ..JANUARY ??
???????????

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.353 by mastor10 on 01-12-2009 at 12:01 PM

bravo pedes gia ti doulia pou kanete
ego pantos prosferome gia voi8ia!!!

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.353 by Basilis on 02-01-2009 at 05:15 PM

Greek is now included in the setup of the program. Thank you all for your support. This thread will now be used for corrections of the translation.

Ta Ellhnika einai pleon mesa sto programma. Sas euxaristoume olous gia thn boh8eia kai thn uposthriksh sas. Auto to 8ema 8a xrhsimopoih8ei twra gia opoies dior8wseis ths metafrashs.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live - Official Now by telis93 on 02-28-2009 at 04:59 PM

why didn't I get the translator title?

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live - Official Now by Chancer on 03-01-2009 at 09:22 PM

Actually, according to the picture in 1st post, there are two translators.
Basilis is one, and the other is called Aristotelis. Maybe...

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live - Official Now by Basilis on 03-01-2009 at 10:10 PM

Exactly. I included him in the About window because he translated many things back in April 2008. So, he has the right to be given the tag if he wants to. He just needs to ask WDZ.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live - Official Now by WDZ on 03-02-2009 at 12:46 AM

No need to ask, I saw the thread. :p Translator tag added.

RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live - Official Now by CookieRevised on 03-02-2009 at 04:24 AM

quote:
Exactly. I included him in the About window because he translated many things back in April 2008. So, he has the right to be given the tag if he wants to. He just needs to ask WDZ.
Not wanting to nitpick but only people who are officially a translator (aka having access to the private translator beta's and recieving translator-mails from Patchou) can have the tag...
So only if he is an official translator he should have the tag, not because he once did some/a lot of work for the translation.

If every person who once did something for a translation could have the tag than there would be many people having one. This is a potential 'security' risk since the tag also identifies those who are normally informed about private translator stuff from Patchou. And thus the tag is also used by other official translators to identify people who they can talk to about this private stuff... so...
RE: Greek Translation for Messenger Plus! Live - Official Now by telis93 on 03-02-2009 at 07:12 PM

thanks everybody!!!